Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-01, 12:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/176/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%
Question Exercise Videos

Does anyone have a recomendation for me? I have recovering lungs from quitting smoking in February (and was smoking 2 packs when I quit) so I still need to build up my lungs and can't take anything that is going to be too aerobic for me:-) I have seen tae-bo...looks exciting but may be too much for me at this point?

Anyhow, I am looking for suggestions.

Thanks and happy day,

Stina
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-01, 13:36
Registered Member

Plan:
Stats: 125/115/118120
BF:
Progress:

I quit smoking earlier this year too! Congrats!

That's what I started out with was the Tae-Boe basic which runs for about 20 minutes. I couldn't do more than 10 minutes when I started. Within a month I moved on to the advanced video.
I just now bought the "Ripped" versions. Can't do the advanced there, I've been reduced back the basic videos again. These are a lot harder than the first release.

If you're breathing so hard that you can't have a conversation or keep count, you are overdoing it. Slow down. If you get cramps or any kind of pain slow down and stop.
If you're consistent with it you should be able to do a few to 5 minutes more each time you do your cardio.

Go ahead and give them a try but don't over do it!
Work at your own pace!

Susie
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-01, 13:59

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/176/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%

Hey congrats to you too on quitting smoking. Can't believe we made it this far (hubby and me quit at the same time).

I think I will pick up the tae bo video's. I need fun or I won't do it and just seeing the ads and the website look great to me.

I just managed to mow an acre of grass without dying so hopefully I can start the video's without keeling over as well;-)

Thanks (BTW you look great! Congrats!!!)

Stina