Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 10:29

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 282/276/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 5%

I'm so excited to get on the computer and see how many Atkins people love Jesus. It touches my heart powerfully.

We've traveled quite a bit and are living in a new community, so I'm shy on friends. It's reassuring to know I can bounce things off you guys. Praise God!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 10:33

BF:

Good morning Fat,

I sure loved your little testimony today. How exciting to lead your daughter to the Lord (and then to accept Jesus together!) Praise God that your family loves and is still walking with Jesus. WOW.

Your weight loss is great. It reminds me of Dateline from last night. You've done a wonderful job. Keep up the good work.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 10:41

BF:

Hi HappyHat,

Sure sounds like we have a lot in common.

TX was a nice state. It was fun to live somewhere that they took such great pride in their state. Yet everyone was nice to me, the young girl from the midwest.

Where did you live in Germany. We were in Stuttgart for three years. I worked at Nellingen Barracks.

Annie Pie is heading this week to the black forest, so she may be somewhat near to Stuttgart, as I know that is also considered to be in or near the black forest.

You said you went LC about 20 yrs ago. What plan was that? I'm not sure - has Atkins been around that long? You've got a real good start on your goals, I see. Thirty pounds is a lot to lose.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 10:54

BF:

Hi and God's blessings to you, Atkins-5 and bdarwath. Glad you checked in to say Hi.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 11:13

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi Happy Hat and Randi Sue
Sorry, this comment has absolutely nothing to do with Atkins, but it would help me out...
We are meeting a gal who lives in Herrenburg. She says it is close to Stuttgart. From what I can tell from the internet, it looks pretty cheap and easy to get around Germany on the public transport. We will NOT be driving (I drive slow enough here to tick people off).

How much time on the bus or whatever to get from Munich to Stuttgart, and is there anything to see in Stuttgart? Also I hear Berlin is a 6 hr drive from Muenchen. Right? Where is Dauchau ?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Annie-Pie
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 11:14

BF:

RandiSue,
One of my biggest goals is to attend a church of excited Believers. Do you know of any?
  #22   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 12:33

BF:

Annie - Pie
I wish I could help you out, but one of the things I've never had to do was take public transportation. I've always has my own wheels at my avail.

Maybe you could look some of the info you want up on the Internet?... It's been years since we were there, so I won't be much help. Sorry.

About a good church...I think you may try the Internet on that one too. You could even see if there is a church who's got a streaming radio station. If you like what they say online, you might like their church too. Otherwise online chamber of commerce sights are helpful. Then I just call up the chuch and ask lots of questions. You get a good feel for a church that way.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 12:34

BF:

Forget to ask--
How do you send someone a private message. Can people dialogue back and forth there, too?
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 15:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 316/273/180 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Hi all!
Another Christian checking in!
Blessings,
~Cindy
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 18:57

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8
Progress: 100%
Red face Fat is my name cause that is how I feel and that is what I have been eating

Thank you Randisue it is wonderful. Better late, than never to know Jesus at all.

Hi Annie-Pie, thank you for your comments. I have a hard time expressing myself sometimes. I just want to show my family and others that they do not have to be obese if they do not want to be. Being over weight has put me in a place I choose not to be any more. I got a rude awaking when my daughter took pictures of me. I just wanted to hide. It is so embarrassing to have anyone see me like that. My husband is glad to see the weight come off even if it isn't all off yet. I can fit into some of my old cloths now too. I am thank ful to Christ for all that he does for me. I guess I have very low self esteem. I am sure there are a lot of people that have the same problems.
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 19:24

BF:
Default Private Messaging

RandiSue
In case you haven't figured it out yet, go to "profile". When that comes up, click on "Private Messages". Watch out because it fills up fast, and they allow 10 messages unless you are a contributing member (which I"ll do after vacation). As soon as I send a PM, I delete from the sent box, and also delete the Inbox after messages are read.

Another simpler way to PM someone is when you read their posts. Just click on PM under their stats and you have it. No on can see it except them, so it's a great way to exchange emails.

Fat I am proud of you for your bright attitude and the credit you give back to where it belongs.

Thanks RandiSue for the info. Yeah I got a lot off the internet. Now we're ready to go. I came across a 2-car injury accident about 2 hours ago on a major freeway, stopped to help (lots of cpr/1st aid training) and it was so fun! (have been wanting to go into paramedic training). those people are fortunate that they had airbags and their seatbelts on. Praying for them. We never plan on what will happen in the day, but it's always an adventure for sure!
Hugs to all, Annie-Pie
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 20:35

BF:

Hi JustCindy:

Welcome to the group. God bless, and thanks for coming by to say HI.
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 20:38

BF:

FAt,

I know what you mean about seeing yourself in pictures. I don't think it has to do with self-esteem as just reality slapping you in the face.

I look in the mirror at least 2-3 time each day. For the life of me the women that looks back at me IS NOT THE ONE I SEE IN PICTURES! The one in the pictures is scary. I, too, am horribly embarrassed and just want to hide at home until I look 40 pounds.

But God is good, I pray and get over it and go on. I know that I have no one to blame but myself. I also know it's a wonderful opportunity for God to do a great work in my life. We are all masterpieces in the making ;-)
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 09:29
Registered Member

Stats: 190/152/115 Female 4 ft 11 in
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by randisue
Hi HappyHat,

Sure sounds like we have a lot in common.

TX was a nice state. It was fun to live somewhere that they took such great pride in their state. Yet everyone was nice to me, the young girl from the midwest.

Where did you live in Germany. We were in Stuttgart for three years. I worked at Nellingen Barracks.

Annie Pie is heading this week to the black forest, so she may be somewhat near to Stuttgart, as I know that is also considered to be in or near the black forest.

You said you went LC about 20 yrs ago. What plan was that? I'm not sure - has Atkins been around that long? You've got a real good start on your goals, I see. Thirty pounds is a lot to lose.

Hello again Randisue,
I am glad you enjoyed your stay in our big beautiful HOT state!

My husband was stationed in Erlangen. We lived on the economy in a small village called Zecharn (please forgive me if I misspell some of the names because it's been a long time ago) which is located on a small mountain above Hemhoffen. After about 6 months we were living in military housing. It was the first time I had ever lived outside of Texas. I had no idea it could SNOW SO MUCH! But it was an experience I am glad I had.

I low carbed but I didn't really follow a good plan. Basically I was doing induction for awhile. I was much younger and it was easier to lose then. ha ha ha. But I am excited to be doing Atkins and losing again. When I started this time I didn't have a scale and had no idea just how much weight I had gained. Isn't it strange how we can gain and not see it! I thought I was much less heavy than I really was. So while thirty pounds is alot it really puts me where I thought I was at. That was a little depressing to learn but I can see progress and that motivates me. When I got my scale it was at the same time as when I had just finished induction and was at a slight stall. So for two weeks I didn't lose a pound. That really scared me. But now things are moving again. So if it happens to you just hang in there and be patient. Things will progress after a bit of time.
God bless
Carolyn
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 09:42
Registered Member

Stats: 190/152/115 Female 4 ft 11 in
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie-Pie
Hi Happy Hat and Randi Sue
Sorry, this comment has absolutely nothing to do with Atkins, but it would help me out...
We are meeting a gal who lives in Herrenburg. She says it is close to Stuttgart. From what I can tell from the internet, it looks pretty cheap and easy to get around Germany on the public transport. We will NOT be driving (I drive slow enough here to tick people off).

How much time on the bus or whatever to get from Munich to Stuttgart, and is there anything to see in Stuttgart? Also I hear Berlin is a 6 hr drive from Muenchen. Right? Where is Dauchau ?

Thanks for any help you can give me.
Annie-Pie

I am sorry but I will not be of much help for you. I lived there when I was very young (18) and I didn't drive a car then, my husband did all the driving. So while I did go to Dauchau I can not help you find it. It was a humbling experience that I remember well. The smell was still in the court yard. I had never smelled anything like that. The photos were very moving. Do find it and spend the time there. You will not regret it!