Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Jul-12-20, 07:03

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzgirl
Thanks all, I am in this to take it all the way to goal. My motto is "Don't trade what you want MOST for what you want right now."

Great motto!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jul-12-20, 07:04
"Natural Mystic"

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gzgirl
Great post. It's always a great idea to read this stuff again to remind us of how much we know and to take our emotional reaction to the scale out of it and focus on the facts.

I am also looking at my own past behaviors -- I have a history of self sabtogaing just as I get close to or just reaching a goal. This is something I am consciously aware of and being proactive about this time around. I wonder if the anticipation and anxiety of getting to said goals release Cortisol and then slows progress. Then the tendency of lossening the reins once you reach a goal is also there. Either way I am not letting it happen this time. I fasted yesterday and today I finally saw a drop to 203.8 -- 0.2 from 50 pounds down and less than 4 pounds from One-derland. Keeping my nose to the grindstone

Congratulations!!That is awesome news. Wonderland will be here soon.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jul-12-20, 12:17

Plan: Atkins DANDR/ Candida
Stats: 300/195.2/172 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 82%

from your lips to the scale's "ears"
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jul-24-20, 05:52

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

I wish i could report good news - but instead i am discouraged

On July 5th I was within half a pound of reaching my goal weight so I decided I knew what to eat and no longer had to weigh and measure everything that went into my mouth and no longer had to weigh daily to keep myself honest.

So i stopped the diary and weight every Sunday.

This morning I had the sense that i had gained this week.

Sure enough - I have gained five pounds!

Sigh - has carb creep won again?

Back to weighing and measuring
Back to keeping track of everything i eat
Back to daily weighing

So discouraging
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Jul-25-20, 03:20

BF:

Yes. that's discouraging. On the other hand, at least you know what to do?

It hasn't internalized yet, maybe?
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jul-25-20, 07:00

BF:

Benay -- I know I will have to weigh and track forever. That's just the way it is. I am OK with that. It takes a few minutes a day and I didn't work towards this goal for literally decades just to loosen the reins and have yet another regain. Not this time.

Werebear, how ya doing? Glad you like my motto-- I borrowed it from someone else but it is a great daily reminder.

Hit a new low today. 201.8 so I am now over 50 down and creeping closer to that magic Onederland number.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jul-26-20, 05:16

BF:

Thanks for your feedback.
What surprised me was that i have not eaten anything any different from what i had been eating - same old same old.

I wonder if it is the amount rather than the what.

Also surprising was that i have been hungry constantly, yet wasn't hungry before - eating exactly the same foods.

I believe that if i stick to what i have been eating, it will eventually show results. Ups and downs are part of life - including weight fluctuations - nothing is a straight line.

Thanks again
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jul-26-20, 07:25

BF:

Hormonal changes always sent my weight soaring. Cortisol (stress hormone) can have way more effects than you realize and it isnt always an obvious stress (AZ has been having a lot of fun with COVID, is that creating more daily stress?) For me, I pare back on the stuff that I know is allowed but I can overdo, like cheeses and the little extras suck as olives, avocado, sour cream, etc. Then I make sure the water is up there, plain water, and finally I change my exercise routine up. Different time of day, change the actual workouts --- mind you not making them harder, just different. These things often shake things loose for me. So far it is working. I am at the threshold of One-derland at 200.4 this morning.
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Jul-26-20, 07:31

BF:

Just checked your profile and photos Benay... we are similar body types and guessing hormones is not an issue. I think you have a great mindset on this on just hanging in. Also, I have heard from others that things sort of go out of whack right when you reach goal. There is no pay off on the scale. There is nothing to work towards. The hunger, the change of habits etc. are all things that seem to crop up to thwart your impressive efforts. I think that is just the battle of achieving no results (ie no gain or loss) and learning to live in that spot. <3
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jul-27-20, 05:26

BF:

Thanks for the support gzgirl - no, hormones are not an issue for me. LOL

One issue i am dealing with is a change of taste - what used to taste good, no longer does. Referring here to cuts of beef and pork - once favorites - now tasteless.

I think it is time to delve into the Carnivore Cookbook to see what can be done to make foods more palatable (given that I am an abominable cook).

No point quitting low-carb WOE - there simply isn't a substitute. I am far too sensitive to carbs now.

Just keep on keeping on.

Thanks again for your responses.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jul-27-20, 06:21

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benay
One issue i am dealing with is a change of taste - what used to taste good, no longer does. Referring here to cuts of beef and pork - once favorites - now tasteless.

In my case, I found sources made a difference. The mass-produced meat and eggs now taste eh, or even yicky. I pay more for a humanely raised product, but they taste noticeably better.

Just something to try, if possible. I spend on meat, but not much else
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Jul-27-20, 08:15

BF:

I am starting to see this-- I think our taste buds "lose it" as we age. I add chimichurri or other legal sauces and pestos to my meats to spice things up. But in a way I am ok with it---am finding I like fish way more than I used to, but I agree that the supermarket beef and chicken is not as good as it used to be.

We lived in Russia a few years with husbands job and it was amazing how much more "chickeny" the chicken was there. ALso eggs taste different in every country due to the chickens' diets. Who knew? Some countries I couldn't bear to eat the eggs because they always tasted fishy to me.
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Jul-27-20, 08:16

BF:

Today was a HUGE day! I vaulted into ONEderland and the scale read 198 even this morning. This is my deepest desired goal of all. Plan to set up permanent residence here.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jul-27-20, 09:30

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Congrats
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Jul-27-20, 09:35

BF: