Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-27-11, 07:11

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/194/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:
Default Have question

I have been doing the non carb meat and egg for a week. It went great the first couple of days then easter hit and I lost my way....I didn't gain any weight but also didn't lose any...so Monday I started again 100%....question how many days does it take to recover from a slip? and while my fat and protein are about 65/35 and carbs close to if not 0 my calories are around 1000. Do I need to up my calories. Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-28-11, 12:45
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/meat fast
Stats: 150/130/120 Female 63
BF:
Progress:

I always try to eat over 1600 calories while doing the fast I can't just eat 1000 i'm always hungry so i eat plenty of mini meals throughout the day of eggs and pork chops. If you want I'd say raise the calories so ur not put in starvation mode
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-28-11, 15:47
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 283/188.8/155 Female 5'2"
BF:44%/27%/20%
Progress: 74%

I had a 24 hour carb binge on passover. That was 10 days ago. I gained over 6 pounds. I'm losing but I'm not back down to my lowest yet (its about to be my TOM too, so I think that's helped in holding up the process as well). It would probably depend on the amount of carbs you ate/duration of the "cheat" and what kind of thing you've done afterward.

I didn't go through induction flu or anything like that again, so I didnt need to physically recover from the fatigue or anything.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-28-11, 17:14

Plan: atkins
Stats: 202/194/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:

I find it hard to eat more than 1000 I am not hungry at all...my cheat was just on sunday and it was candy...and wine...this week I have been trying to get 1200 calories but adding no carb cheese...I have not gained any which is good....but not losing...I am just going to stick to the plan and try not to stress about it.....
  #5   ^
Old Tue, May-17-11, 11:13

Plan: Maintenance
Stats: 208/170.2/170 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

From what I've been reading, it sounds like you may need to up your carbs above 0 with a little salad or vegetables or something. I've been eating a salad (green leaf or spinach, broccolli, feta cheese, oil and vinegar, and chicken or something on top) a few times a week since I started weight loss.

If it doesn't cause cravings, this may also keep you from high carb binges. To me, 1000 calories doesn't sound like enough meat OR fat to keep you from muscle wasting.