Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Candida Yeast & IBS
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-17-05, 21:53

Plan: None
Stats: 140/140/140 Male 180
BF:
Progress:
Default Threelac has nearly cured my candida

Now I kno a lot of you either believe that threelac is a scam and doesn't work or its too expensive, well let me say that its worth every cent! I posted here a long time ago complaining about what my naturopath believed "the worst case of candida she'd ever seen". I had very severe symptoms all through last year which were totally debilitating at some points, the worst of which were mental symptoms, including a total fogging of my mind, bad depression, severe anxiety, frequent panic attacks, no concentration, no memory, obsessive thoughts, weird and unrealistic thoughts etc, needless to say, I thought I was going insane! Thats not even mentioning the huge list of other symptoms I had which were hard enough to deal with by themselves. So when i found out that I must have candida (due to taking antibiotics for 4 years!) I started buying things that may help me. I firstly went on the extremely hard diet that some of u follow. I tried all the antifungals on the market, and all the medicine that the naturopath gave me. BUt these all weren't very effective and were hugely costly. So then I discovered noni juice, which is an exellent supplement which has helped me immensely, and which I believe has contributed greatly to the killing off of the candida. But the thing that really cut the candida off at its source was the threelac and oxygen elements plus from global health trax. About 3 weeks into taking this combo I feel about 70% back to normal, which is a feeling I can't remember. And the best thing is, I haven't followed any diet at all! I mean I haven't overindulged in sugar and yeast products like beer, but I still have them now and then with out any worry!

So my advice to you is definately give threelac a go, and also once you start taking it, give it time to work like I did. Also look into taking noni juice which is also an awesome supplement that can help you with a huge variety of health concerns.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Feb-20-05, 17:16

Plan: None really
Stats: 165/145/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:
Smile Threelac

Response to JoeyJoJo:

I was wondering about the "die off" that you experienced? If you had any and how severe that was.

I am new to this forum, but more importantly new to the whole idea of Candidiasis - despite the fact I have had severe symptoms since 1998. I have suffered terribly during that time with medical doctors not having a clue what was wrong with me, thinking that it was "all in my mind." I knew better and just kept quiet about it for the most part. I really enjoy reading some of these posts - they help to validate so much of my own private experience with the disease. I'm not much of a sugar person - but had been on a high dose of steroid medication for almost 8 years.

I purchased some ThreeLac and began to take it while I was still on the medication - but I felt horrible afterwards. I have been off of that particular medication for almost 6 months now and I feel that I should try it once again. Have you heard anything about the effectiveness of the Coconut Oil treatment? My main concern at this point is the effects on my body from the die off because they say you can't approach this thing too aggressively when you have it as bad as I do - which believe me, it's really bad.

Thanks.
Mrs Posey
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Feb-22-05, 19:39

BF:
Progress:

hey mrs posey,

yea i think I experienced die off and still do, but I've been experiencing what I think are die off symptoms for ages because of all the stuff I've been taking so I really can't tell the difference between die-off and regular candida symptoms any more. The worst die-off I ever had was when taking pau'darco and oregano oil together, that put me in a state of tremendous pain, both mentally and physically, I didn't kno whether I'd make it through. The symptoms which I think I get of die-off are a sort of different brainfog, sore throat, swollen glands and and sore muscles.

Like u I went to docters but they said the same thing "its all in my head" and put me on an antidepressant, which made me feel like a complete zombie. I've also taken a wide variety of medications over the years which probably contributed to my problem. One including accutane for acne, which is a very very harsh medication.

Another thing I still get weird mental symptoms after a night drinking alcohol, which may or may not be related to candida.

Ive actually tried coconut oil b4 and it was ok, made my skin look good, but nothing compares to threelac and oxygen elements. Noni juice is probably just as effective as coconut oil at elminating candida (from what I have noticed). Plus u don't have to follow any diet, just cut back on your sugar intake. I wouldn't worry too much about die-off with threelac, jus build up your dose until u notice your symptoms disapearing and also make sure u try and take it with oxygen elements, this is the combo that really worked for me.
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Feb-23-05, 20:31

Plan: None really
Stats: 165/145/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress:
Default Candida.....

Thanks for all of the information JoeyJoJo - it really helps in my education process.

I can't believe how this thing has changed my life. There have been times where I've been in a wheelchair because I couldn't walk, with symptoms of M.S. Now, I know for me, it is the Candidiasis.

I've been only three days on the ThreeLac and felt good the first day - but need to slow down a bit. I can feel the die off big time - which for me, it's like I'm in a stupor (drunk type) state of mind. It's not at all fun because I'm normally an individual with clarity plus I homeschool my children.

I tried the Coconut Oil, but for me it was too aggressive, at least for now. The key to this entire cleansing with the weight loss, etc. is something to assist with carrying the toxins that are released in the die off process - out of the body. I am learning that there are a variety of methods that people use to accomplish this, one being the oxygen pills that you mentioned and also activated charcoal along with some others that I'm still learning about.

I have suffered for so long and like you - I have had that "I'm not going to make it" feeling - it's downright scary. At least now I know - but now I have to slow down and stop perseverating on this too much to where I can still live a "normal" life and enjoy my family, etc. Moderation is key here, I can't expect it will go away in a few weeks - and the weight loss at this point, seems to be a pleasant by-product of all of this cleansing. I feel awful, but I'm looking good. LOL

I hope in some way, my little bit of experience will help you and/or others as well.

It's not at all surprising to me though, that you would suffer mentally after having a few drinks. Think about your liver - it has had a lot to contend with already because the toxic substance that the Candida releases when it's dieing off is converted or recognized by the body as alcohol. So, your liver is probably getting an overload of alcohol as it is without ingesting some. Something to think about. Perhaps as your liver gets stronger (cleaner) you may be able to drink a bit without suffering some of those problems. As for the depression - well whose body wouldn't feel depressed - dealing with the constant stress of Candida overload. Sure, all depression is - is a chemical imbalance - but I'm beginning to get a clue - WHY so many people are having the imbalance problem. I'm not saying that it is necessarily so though, for many medical doctors it's just an easy diagnosis/pill to subscribe and move on to the next patient.

Best Wishes to you - Get Well!!!
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Mar-20-05, 17:51

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: -/-/154 Female 66in.
BF:too much
Progress: 4%
Unhappy Wondering how you are getting on with the ThreeLac

Hi joeyjojo... I stumbled across your thread the other week and was wondering how things were going with the ThreeLac. I had never heard about any of the stuff you referred to in your post, so I have been frantically researching it since.

My history is rather long and complicated, but from what I have read here, and information/symptoms on other sites, I KNOW the Candida started during my pregnancy with my daughter over 24 years ago! And I have had little to no relief to this day! It has become 'the Norm' to live my life like this... Almost every symptom I have read about, I have either got or had at one time. Back around 1987, I saw a doctor who diagnosed me with Candida and had me taking 16 Nystatin pills each day! (4 pills 4 times a day). Without going into too much detail, I found out this doctor was re-using needles in his practice, (causing all his patients to need an AIDS test! Result: Daughter and myself tested Negative) and his manner left a lot to be desired. He told me that a blood test result could be the finger fungus or cancer in the progress. His words "You're just like your mother and sister and will have all the same problems they've got". (both diabetics and mum died in '93 of heart disease. nice chap -NOT!) and they haunt me to this day.

Through muscle testing, he told me I was intollerant to Apples, oranges, bananas, pork, mutton, chicken, eggs, rice, soy, salt, wheat, dairy, onions, beetroot, and several other foods I cannot remember. He told me to stay away from them, but neglected to tell me what I COULD eat! Needless to say, I have failed over and over to rid myself of this nasty and the biggest problem of all, obesity.

Anyway, after finding out about the needle thing, I rapidly changed doctors who took me off Nystatin and told me it was a bunch of phoey! but couldn't explain why I felt like I did. Certain doctors accusing me of being a hypocondriac. So not knowing where, or who to turn to I have done my best to get through life feeling really bad all these years.

I am not even sure why I came to this part of the Forum that particular day, ( Devine Intervention perhaps?) but as soon as I read your symptoms, it almost described me to a T! The foggyness, depression, panic and anxiety attacks. Poor memory, concentration, obsessing about things etc... and for me, a feeling of being overwhelmed... that's just a few, not to mention the physical symptoms like constant neasea, diarrhea, fatigued easily, nasty rash like a severe diaper rash (in moist areas), annoyingly itchy anal area, white coated tongue, constant cracked lower lip, finger fungus that has been hanging about for 15+ years! and severe obesity! Too many to mention here.

When I read your post, I realized, yes! I know what I am dealing with! I actually felt some form of excitement at the fact that there could be something out there to finally help me out of this 'Doom and Gloom' I have been in for half my life! Finances are a problem at the moment, but I did send away for a bottle of Tahitian Noni Juice. I didnt know what brand you use, or where you got yours from, so just ordered it online. $29 per bottle and free shipping. Does that sound right?

I would very much appreciate any imput you or anyone else can provide. Thanks so much for sharing your story. You've brought me some light and hope!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Mar-21-05, 04:13

BF:
Progress:

hi fair lady,

sorry to hear about ur stuggle with candida, I've definely been there and kno what your going through! To answer your question I am doing absolutely awesome at the moment. I am still taking noni juice, threelac and oxygen elements relgiously which seem to be a miracle combination for me. Since your case sounds a lot like mine except for some differences, I think this combination would be exellent for you. I noticed u mentioned weight issues a lot in ur post, noni juice is an astounding supplement that could help you greatly when trying to lose weight, I seriously recommend u give it a go. The stuff u ordered sounds right, I jus buy it from my local store. Noni juice is amazing and can help with such a wide variety of health problems and can just make you feel great! As for all the mental symptoms you described once you start taking threelac, they will dissapear so gradually that you won't even notice they went, and you will suddenly notice that you are so much happier with your life (just like what happened with me). All this stuff is very costly I will admit, but if they can make me feel this good than they are worth it 1000 times, and I have noticed that I have adjusted my finances around them and still manage very well. Also another supplement that goes great with the noni juice is adapton, which is supplement that is a precurser to endorphins (look it up on google). This is combination works sooo well for mental symptoms (particually depression and anxiety), and you'l find that you are so relaxed and peaceful with yourself.

I kno I have been talking the supplements up a lot and you probably think that I'm over-exagerating, but I'm not! Give them a go by all means and find out for yourself!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Mar-27-05, 01:16

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: -/-/154 Female 66in.
BF:too much
Progress: 4%
Default Thanks for responding so fast...

Hey there joeyjojo

Thank you for responding so fast.. sorry I am late but we have been having some internet connection probs, but I think they are all taken care of now.

How many times a day do you take the Noni Juice and do you think it is ok for me to take it in freshly squeezed grapefruit or orange juice?? I hope so, cos I can't stand it on it's own. I mostly take it once a day, twice when I remember to.

Hubby and I are planning a vacation in a weeks time so we need all the pennys we can get right now, so I bought a bottle of 'Gr8 Dophilus' (Enteric Coated) from the local GNC store in the hopes it will at least give me a boost untill I can get the ThreeLac into me.

I realize my health should not have a price on it, but at the moment, my hubby provides the sole income, and I have to manipulate the credit cards so there will be enough to pay for it.

I really hope this stuff finally works for me so I can 'get a life' instead of feeling like crap.

Thanks again.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-09, 17:18

Plan: Dr. Bernstein's Diet
Stats: 143/132/100 Female 60
BF:
Progress:
Default Candida

I am very sick with Candida, can you tell me did the threelac really work for you? I am so skeptical as I have wasted so much money on so many products now. Please help, I feel like I am dyng.
Thanks
Mom 2 small children

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyjojo
Now I kno a lot of you either believe that threelac is a scam and doesn't work or its too expensive, well let me say that its worth every cent! I posted here a long time ago complaining about what my naturopath believed "the worst case of candida she'd ever seen". I had very severe symptoms all through last year which were totally debilitating at some points, the worst of which were mental symptoms, including a total fogging of my mind, bad depression, severe anxiety, frequent panic attacks, no concentration, no memory, obsessive thoughts, weird and unrealistic thoughts etc, needless to say, I thought I was going insane! Thats not even mentioning the huge list of other symptoms I had which were hard enough to deal with by themselves. So when i found out that I must have candida (due to taking antibiotics for 4 years!) I started buying things that may help me. I firstly went on the extremely hard diet that some of u follow. I tried all the antifungals on the market, and all the medicine that the naturopath gave me. BUt these all weren't very effective and were hugely costly. So then I discovered noni juice, which is an exellent supplement which has helped me immensely, and which I believe has contributed greatly to the killing off of the candida. But the thing that really cut the candida off at its source was the threelac and oxygen elements plus from global health trax. About 3 weeks into taking this combo I feel about 70% back to normal, which is a feeling I can't remember. And the best thing is, I haven't followed any diet at all! I mean I haven't overindulged in sugar and yeast products like beer, but I still have them now and then with out any worry!

So my advice to you is definately give threelac a go, and also once you start taking it, give it time to work like I did. Also look into taking noni juice which is also an awesome supplement that can help you with a huge variety of health concerns.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-09, 17:51

Plan: Atkins/M&E/IF?
Stats: 194/163.2/150 Female 69"
BF:37.2%/28.9%/21%
Progress: 70%

Hi bharrod. Not sure where this thread got dug up from but you'll notice the original post was from 2005. These folks may or may not still be around! Anyway, I wil chime in with my experience on Threelac...

A couple of years ago, I first ran across ideas about systemic candida and was directed to a site that promoted Threelac. Being sceptical, I bought enough Threelac and Oxygen Elements to get me through about 3 months. I took them as directed and saw absolutely NO improvement to my symptoms.

Fast forward a year or so...I kept coming back to this idea of candida as I had all the symptoms described above plus incredible fatigue, inability to lose weight, etc., etc. I then decided to really "commit" to the Threelac program: Threelac, Oxygen Elements, and a number of other supplements sold on the site listed above. Cost was around $300 but I really wanted to give this a go properly. Once again, I followed the program to a tee for 6 months and saw ZERO improvement in my symptoms. And basically got nothing for my $300.

Fast forward again to about 3 months ago. I started researching again into candida and whether it was sheer luck, not doing enough research the last two times, more internet access, or whatever, I was able to get to this site and a number of others specifically dealing with this issue. The sites that have been the most helpful to me are healingnaturallybybee.com (for ALL kinds of tests, info, dietary guidelines, cleanses, info on Threelac, etc.) and fungusfocus.com (for approximate dosages of antifungals).

To make a long story even longer, since the beginning of the year, I have followed a strict diet eliminating sugar, starches, vinegars and fermented foods, muchrooms, dairy and nuts, per recommendations on this site and others. I have also incorporated antifungals and probiotics. I feel about 75-80% better (and am typing this note instead of napping! ) and have lost 20 pounds in 8 weeks. In my experience, Threelac didn't work and diet+antifungals+probiotics did. I am still tweaking things to get the maximum benefit, but in my opinion, it makes more sense to start by cleaning up the diet than by buying a "miracle" supplement that only works sporadically. Just my opinion (and experience)--it may work for others--but I found Threelac to be expensive and ineffective.
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-09, 19:01

Plan: Dr. Bernstein's Diet
Stats: 143/132/100 Female 60
BF:
Progress:

Hi, I have been following bee's protocol for a few days now, although I am too weak to cook, most of my days and nights are spent in bed, I am crying as I type this, I am sooo tired. I get up a few times per day to eat and then back to bed, I cannot care for my children any longer. It is so horrible. I have had every single test known to man and the doctors cannot figure out what is wrong with me, except for that my antibodies for candida were high, meaning I do have candida in excess.

I find bee's diet to be very hard, but I have been doing it, I cannot eat the coconut oil though, it's gross, but I do get my husband to cook with it though.

I do have probiotics, but maybe not the right kind, there are too many to choose from. which kind do you take? and when do you take them and without or with food? I am just so weak and so confused I just want to crawl into a hole and die. I know that bee cured hers using nystatin, so I have asked my doctor to give me some nystatin as well, i hope that he will do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelbyla
Hi bharrod. Not sure where this thread got dug up from but you'll notice the original post was from 2005. These folks may or may not still be around! Anyway, I wil chime in with my experience on Threelac...

A couple of years ago, I first ran across ideas about systemic candida and was directed to a site that promoted Threelac. Being sceptical, I bought enough Threelac and Oxygen Elements to get me through about 3 months. I took them as directed and saw absolutely NO improvement to my symptoms.

Fast forward a year or so...I kept coming back to this idea of candida as I had all the symptoms described above plus incredible fatigue, inability to lose weight, etc., etc. I then decided to really "commit" to the Threelac program: Threelac, Oxygen Elements, and a number of other supplements sold on the site listed above. Cost was around $300 but I really wanted to give this a go properly. Once again, I followed the program to a tee for 6 months and saw ZERO improvement in my symptoms. And basically got nothing for my $300.

Fast forward again to about 3 months ago. I started researching again into candida and whether it was sheer luck, not doing enough research the last two times, more internet access, or whatever, I was able to get to this site and a number of others specifically dealing with this issue. The sites that have been the most helpful to me are healingnaturallybybee.com (for ALL kinds of tests, info, dietary guidelines, cleanses, info on Threelac, etc.) and fungusfocus.com (for approximate dosages of antifungals).

To make a long story even longer, since the beginning of the year, I have followed a strict diet eliminating sugar, starches, vinegars and fermented foods, muchrooms, dairy and nuts, per recommendations on this site and others. I have also incorporated antifungals and probiotics. I feel about 75-80% better (and am typing this note instead of napping! ) and have lost 20 pounds in 8 weeks. In my experience, Threelac didn't work and diet+antifungals+probiotics did. I am still tweaking things to get the maximum benefit, but in my opinion, it makes more sense to start by cleaning up the diet than by buying a "miracle" supplement that only works sporadically. Just my opinion (and experience)--it may work for others--but I found Threelac to be expensive and ineffective.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-09, 22:56

Plan: Atkins/M&E/IF?
Stats: 194/163.2/150 Female 69"
BF:37.2%/28.9%/21%
Progress: 70%

Hi there. I am so sorry to hear that you feel so crummy. It can certainly destroy your energy if not your life, that's for sure!

You'll have to stick with Bee's diet for more than a few days for it to start making a dent. Have you heard of the "die off" syndrome? That's when you first start attacking the candida (with diet, anti-fungals, probiotics), your symptoms will get MUCH worse for a while, due to all the toxins from the dead yeast being released into your body all at once. So...stay strong! If your symptoms seem to be getting worse, it's WORKING!

As far as probiotics go, I had cobbled together enough info from various websites to know to take these things in phases: first, deprive the yeast of it's food by following the diet, next, start with anti-fungals and take them CONSISTENTLY, finally, start probiotics to replace the good bacteria. (If you try to do it all at once the die-off can be a real killer to get through!)

I followed the diet for two full weeks before I started the anti-fungals. I am taking a whole host of them but a couple good ones to start with are oil of oregano and pau d'arco tea. Add a couple of drops of OoO to water and gulp it down (work up to half a dropper). Tastes nasty but it works. The tea is pretty mellow so I don't have any issues with it.

Then there is the coconut oil question. I am up to 3 tablespoons of coconut oil a day. A lot of people say "just eat it from the jar"--YUCK! I melt mine in tea (pau d'arco, anyone?) or add it to my protein shakes. If you take it that way, you can't even tell it's there, and it helps keep you very full and satisfied. You can also make coconut oil candy/bark. Tons of recipes on here for it and it tastes very chocolatey and yummy. Also, I found that the extra virgin coconut oil made me nauseated while the expeller pressed (refined) stuff does not. It also has less flavor than the EV stuff.

I am still experimenting with probiotics. I bought a liquid acidophilus one that is sugar free and milk based but I will probably switch to something else when I get through the bottle. I may go with a pill form or I may try pre-biotics such as inulin. I am still researching and experimenting on myself.

I hope this is somewhat helpful and I do hope you feel better soon. If you need a buddy, just give me a shout!
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Mar-01-09, 23:29

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

Hang in here, bharrod! I hope you feel better soon.
  #13   ^
Old Mon, Mar-02-09, 20:44

Plan: Anti-Candida
Stats: 138.2/125/135 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 413%

bharrod, I can understand your hopelessness. It's really bad to be so sick. The worst time I went through was when I was trying to work and was getting sicker daily (my husband was getting little work, and we were badly hurting financially). I was torn between being afraid I was going to die and being afraid I wasn't going to die.

I haven't tried Threelac. Since not only do I have systemic yeast overgrowth, but I am also actually allergic to yeast and mold, the ingredients in it scared me (for example, refined yeast powder, citric acid, and rice vinegar); I react to all of those ingredients.

Like some of the others, I'm seeing some improvement with the anti-candida diet and probiotics. I have also worked hard to eliminate all of my known food allergies. I'm still discovering more on a regular basis. I'm not following Bee's program, though; I'm following my own variation (considering my allergies) based on programs like Dr. Crook's and Dr. Murray's.

I didn't jump straight into the diet. I slowly eased into it for about three weeks, starting by cutting out obvious yeast sources. I then started following it more closely, and I started taking probiotics as well. So far I'm happy with Renew Life, Critical Care (50 billion) probiotics. With only the diet and probiotics, I experienced some die-off symptoms, so I didn't begin antifungals. After over a month on the diet and probiotics, I started taking coconut oil, but I didn't react positively to it. It gave me gas and diarrhea, and I believe the breathing problems I was having were related to it, so I stopped taking it. I then started taking digestive enzymes, but I can't tell whether or not they're helping or not; they seem to make me feel like my sugar is too low, so I cut back on them and am now taking the supplement only at night.

I do plan to try other antifungals, but I haven't been able to order them yet. Since I have multiple chemical sensitivities, I am adamant about not taking supplements that have binders, fillers, and other chemicals, so the ones I'm looking at are pretty expensive. I eventually want to take supplements to target the MCS as well, but I'm having to take this one step at a time. I think if I try to do things too quickly, I will overwhelm my body and further weaken my immune system.

Hang in there. Don't give up.
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Jun-23-09, 19:50

Plan: N/A
Stats: 290/290/220 Female 6 ft. 1 in.
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hey bharrod! I am posting for the first time so I hope you get this. I was reading your post and was just stunned to see that there's someone else that feels the same way I do. I have also been where I can't take care of my family because of being so weak and tired and hurting! I have had several tests done too. The doctors did find that I had a vitamin d deficiency which can cause some of the symptoms I am having. I am now taking a vitamin d supplement. I have just started taking Threelac for about 2 weeks now. I definately felt the die-off effect. That just tells me it's working. I am going to go through with the Threelac plan because I have a systemic yeast infection (candida). Because I have it so bad, I know it will take longer to get in control. Can you please tell me if you are using threelac and if it's helped you?
  #15   ^
Old Tue, Jul-28-09, 10:10

Plan: atkins
Stats: 149/148/140 Female 5ft.4"
BF:
Progress:

To JudyJudy. i also have chemical sensitivity and yeast and mold allergies, big time. Has anyone had success on the threelac road. Any advice welcome, also oxygen elements is something I have not come accross nor noni juice. Any explanations welcombed. I am in U.K.