Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#346   ^
Old Sun, Jan-27-19, 08:27

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LCer4Life
Paulette that is great news. Pizza toppings are good. I am fluctuating (read the hat as going up) 🤪 in weight since I reached my goal. The last two night I’ve eaten higher carbs due to eating out and had a glass of wine and a glass of choc port (sugar) and the next night ate really late but very LC. I’m doing ok, but I’m going to get STRICT w/ myself for the next few days. Paulette , do you keep track of macros? Is that helpful? Have a great weekend w/ your Aunt.

Hi LadyHawk, no, I don't track macros. I used to, but it never quite made a difference and only added more math and stress to my life. They do have a macro pie chart on my SparkPeople food tracker, which I look at, but don't pay much attention to.

We are expecting another snow storm tonight and tomorrow, so I need to et back home today! It was fun to visit my Aunt, but I don't need to get stuck here. My kitties miss me!

You all have a great day!
Sponsored Links
  #347   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-19, 11:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/143/125 Female 63
BF:33.2/28.7%/24%
Progress: 40%

Paulette, I follow Atkins and do not follow macros. Just 20g of carbs. I’m losing just fine without all the figuring and like you said math and stress. I eat natural, no fake foods. I’m losing slowly but I think that is better. Atkins works for me. Safe travels and hope the storm brewing isn’t too bad. Idaho is having a mild winter. 24 here but beautiful blue sky and snow on the mountains.
  #348   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-19, 22:28

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Hi All.

It’s been a busy week with family! Crazy busy.

I’m doing well. Going to physical therapy twice a week for my shoulder.

I track carbs and calories. I don’t do macros. Due to high cholesterol I have to watch saturated fat intake. I mainly eat poultry, fish and greens. I’ve been slacking some so I have to get more serious about sticking to those foods.

I’ve had so many appointments lately that I haven’t been to the gym as much as I should. I really need to go at least 3 times a week.

#349   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-19, 15:47

BF:

Hi Delaney - do you take care of your cholesterol with your diet only? Or do you need to take pills, too?

My last test showed fabulous cholesterol numbers, but my triglycerides were a smidge high. Not sure why, as I never had a problem with them. So I am going to do a bit of research as to how I can work on that.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I made a cheeseburger casserole yesterday. Had some for lunch today, too. Thinking of yogurt for dinner.

You all have a great night!
  #350   ^
Old Tue, Jan-29-19, 19:32

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
Hi Delaney - do you take care of your cholesterol with your diet only? Or do you need to take pills, too?

My last test showed fabulous cholesterol numbers, but my triglycerides were a smidge high. Not sure why, as I never had a problem with them. So I am going to do a bit of research as to how I can work on that.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I made a cheeseburger casserole yesterday. Had some for lunch today, too. Thinking of yogurt for dinner.

You all have a great night!

Paulette, I was taking a small dose of statins but went off then in Oct. My cholesterol is going to be checked again next month and I may end up on pills again, but hopefully not! The best thing to help lower my cholesterol was exercise, going to the gym and working out on the weight machines has helped a lot. I also have an elliptical at home. My cholesterol has always been high, it’s a family issue with most of us. Triglycerides have been up and down with me, but never real low. Just my body, we’re all a lot different. After I added exercise my numbers were good, really dropped.

Dinner is grilled chicken and greens tonight.
  #351   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-19, 11:52

BF:

Hello Everyone

It has been very busy and nerve-wracking lately and it is time to report The State of the Low Carb Address again.

My weight has been very stable No changes there. Funny how your body likes to hang out at a specific point. But there have been no changes to my diet or lifestyle/activity level, so that is to be expected.

I made some of my favorite meaty venison chili a few days ago and I still have a few meals left. I have been putting some beans in the chili, but I use the Eden's Black Soybeans, which are very low carb. I am so happy I found them. I buy mine through Vitacost.com which has them for the lowest price. They are more expensive than regular beans, but they taste awesome in chili and are worth the cost for a low carb bean. Since I only use them a few times a year, the cost is justified for me.

I use a lot of jalapeños in my chili, too. That requires me to add a "dollop of Daisy" to my bowl when I eat it!

But as I am getting so sick of chili, I need to make something completely different for the next couple days! I have been contemplating the Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole. Here is the recipe I use:

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

8 oz cauliflower
1 lb chicken breast cut into chunks
1 lb ham
6 oz swiss cheese
8 oz neufchâtel cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream

Steam cauliflower and drain. Put the chicken, ham, cauliflower and swiss cheese in a greased baking dish. Season with a little salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, blend the sour cream into the cream cheese until smooth. Spread over the meat and cheese and stir everything together. Bake at 350º for about 40 minutes until bubbly and the chicken is fully cooked. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving to allow juices to thicken. Makes 8 servings

Per serving: 339 cal * 27g fat * 32g pro * 4g total carb

This is delicious , and if you have never made it before, you have to give it a try. I highly recommend it with a 5 star review! It does not suck.

So I guess I better get my shopping list together and head to the store now. I hope you all have a great day!
  #352   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-19, 20:15

BF:

Your casserole recipe sounds great Paulette. I copied it and will put it on my shopping list. We make chili too, but without any beans. My DH loves it when I make chili and he will eat it over and over, unlike other meals he gets tired of.

I went to PT today and my arm/shoulder are sore. I’m getting ready to ice it.

We had stir fry with some left over beef and chicken and I added some shrimp. It was really good. I just threw it together with stuff we had on hand.

We’ve been having cold weather and even saw a few snowflakes yesterday, which is really rare in this area. I don’t mind it too much, it beats the heat we get here.
  #353   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-19, 19:29

Plan: Low carb/Keto
Stats: 335/334/200 Male 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 1%

How many meals do you eat a day?
  #354   ^
Old Mon, Jul-22-19, 22:23

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 155/143/125 Female 63
BF:33.2/28.7%/24%
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjoe42
How many meals do you eat a day?

Hey Big Joe, I eat 2-3 meals/day. I sometimes IF until noon which allows about a 17 -18 hr fast. I find this helps a lot.
I just recently bought the 1972 edition of Atkins book. 😊. Excited to find it.
  #355   ^
Old Sat, Sep-14-19, 08:55
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

I seem to do better at maintaining if I stick to good, ole' fashioned Atkins. Because of my advanced age, Induction is on my agenda.
  #356   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-19, 11:55

Plan: ZC Carnivore 100%
Stats: 170/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 77%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesinger
I seem to do better at maintaining if I stick to good, ole' fashioned Atkins. Because of my advanced age, Induction is on my agenda.

Ditto, bluesinger. Back to basic 1972 Atkins induction for me, too. I jumped around too much, tinkering with this basic & simple plan. ~Desert Mo
  #357   ^
Old Mon, Oct-07-19, 12:09
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Mo
Ditto, bluesinger. Back to basic 1972 Atkins induction for me, too. I jumped around too much, tinkering with this basic & simple plan. ~Desert Mo

Good to see you back!
I have other hopes as well. I get my APAP breathing machine this Friday, and the scuttlebutt is that avoiding the night time cortisol might let me lose.
We shall see.
And good luck to you, too.