Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Nov-02-04, 22:50
Registered Member

Plan: Swarzbein II
Stats: 160/154/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default new to SP; no weight loss but other good news

This is my first post in this area. I've been doing SPII for about three weeks now. I'm pretty sure I'm insulin resistant, or well on my way, and maybe just barely BOAG. I'd been diagnosed w/ reactive hypoglycemia as a teen, so this WOE wasn't totally new to me. But then again, I'd ignored it for quite a few years. (I'm now 40-ish.)

I'd love it if I could say the pounds started melting off instantly, but that's not the case. Here are some good things that are happening, though:
- fewer migraines
- headaches that I do get are less severe
- sleeping more deeply
- less acne
- NOT HUNGRY ALL THE TIME!
- I can eat blue cheese dressing
- My pants are fitting just the tiniest bit better around the waist.
- More energy, most of the time.

And I've learned already that too few carbs can really mess you up, too, if you're serotonin-challenged. Last week, I was swamped w/ overwheming fatigue. Then I read the book a little more carefully (thanks to some advice gained here), figured out exactly how many carbs I was eating (not much); upped them to the recommended amount and am feeling much better.

Thanks to the creators, moderators and contributors here. You're a big help!

janana
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Nov-04-04, 18:01

Plan: Schwarzbein/0 Blood type
Stats: 155/145/130 Female 62inches
BF:

Hi Janana,
Welcome. It's been quiet on this site for a while, but I always
come back and check in...Some of us are waiting for the newest
book that is due out in a few months. I really like Schwarzbein ideas and think she has helped me alot. But I also need to eat some carbs, so low carb is usually too hard for me. I have been doing a sort of Schwarbein/Blood type diet (I am an O) and it seems to be working. I probably am insulin resistant, or nearly so, and think I have had boag for a while. So my carbs are usually brown rice, or sweet potatoes....Got to make the family dinner soon, just wanted to say hi and good luck.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 13:12

Plan: Whole Foods Since 2/02
Stats: 360.5/174.5/200 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 116%

Glad to hear you are seeing some great improvements! Congrats on that, and I encourage you to stick with it. Changes may not happen overnight, but your body WILL heal.

I am living proof of that. I've been eating whole foods now for over 2.5 years (3 years in Feb 05) and the changes in my body and health have been incredible!

I cannot say that I have followed SP to the letter, as I've made changes that allow me to live a normal life, that suits MY lifestyle, as you will also do.

But my body HAS HEALED and I am seeing the benefit of healthy eating and have started again to lose weight and have recently seen DRASTIC changes in my size.

For instance, the last time I weighed 296, I wore a size 26-28 in pants and a 4X in most other things.

Yet, this time around, I am into an entire size smaller all way round, yet the same weight!

The proper fuel has made my body function the way it was designed to run, and the weight has come off naturally in its own time.

But I will say that I DO BELIEVE that calories do count to some extent. Cutting back on portions will happen naturally as time goes on because your body is being trained to eat to fuel itself.

So, after nearly 3 years of this WOL, I can tell you it DOES WORK, be patient and look ahead to the big picture, not on quick fixes.

I wish you the best and hope you will continue down this road to healing! Nice to meet ya! --Betty

PS I do have some pretty neat food ideas in my journal from when I first started on SP, and some newer ideas from more recent entries. Please take a look sometime, but realize that I don't tend to limit my carbs as much as most people here--I pretty much eat as many as I want as long as they are whole foods. But I naturally don't consume many since I don't crave anymore.
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-09-04, 13:47
Registered Member

Plan: Swarzbein II
Stats: 160/154/145 Female 5'4"
BF:

Hey, both, thanks! "The Betty," I find your story really encouraging! I'll check out your journal. I'm always on the lookout for food ideas. The hardest part of LCing for me is I feel like I have to learn how to cook all over again!

- janana