Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-11, 19:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/223/40 Female 62
BF:
Progress:
Question How has the Paleo diet helped you?

I saw this forum and have never heard of this diet before!
Is anyone doing this and how is it working for you?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-11, 01:09

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!
Progress: 59%

Lots of us are doing this! This WOE helps me because there is no ambiguity...if my paleolithic ancestors wouldn't recognize it as food, I don't eat it. It eliminates all the agonizing that went along with plans such as Weight Watchers...oh, I can eat the chocolate cake but it will cost me eight points (or whatever). It eliminates all processed foods, like Atkins bars. It ADDS in wonderful, wonderful FAT. I have re-discovered nuts. I have eliminated dairy. It's super!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-11, 16:13
Registered Member

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 285/247/185 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

my Mark's Daily Apple email from yesterday had a wonderful and detailed "Success Story" of someone's switch to the paleo WOE and exercising. Check it out HERE
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-11, 16:15

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

OH and primal fittness is amazing!! Great results without killing yourself!!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-11, 16:58
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I've done well on it. It's helped out my health very much! I have an autoimmune disease that is much better now.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jul-02-11, 17:33

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

wish my mom who has fibro would get on it!! She can't get past the red meat and fat is our friend issues.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-11, 06:06
Keepin' It Real

Plan: IF
Stats: 250/160/150 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Thanks for posting the link, Intension. That was a great SUCCESS story, and the guy's writing is quite humorous and entertaining.
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-11, 12:21
Registered Member

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 285/247/185 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

I agree! He really inspired me.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-11, 13:11

Plan: Was Paleo...now Zero Carb
Stats: 270/213/170 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 57%

I sort of "de-evolved" into the Paleo Diet. I went wheat-free in Jan 2010 and almost instantly, my every-other-day migraines went away, along with 20 lbs. I was amazed at the changes!

So I continued to tweak with my diet over the 1st 6 months of 2010, dropping processed foods and rice and adding in more veggies. The weight started to slip off so easily, no exercise, and my energy levels and general-well-being went through the room.

It was around May of 2010 when I stumbled across the Paleo Diet. I instantly loved the idea - nevermind that I was almost eating that way anyway. ;-) So, I dropped the last of the grains and started to really watch what I was eating, centralizing on natural whole foods - meat, eggs, fruit, veggies, good fats.

Since then, I've discovered what "life" is all about. I feel great, no more migraines, I have energy to keep up with my 4 and 6 year olds all day long with no needs for a nap, my sleep cycle has shortened to a steady 7.5 hours a night, and skin issues, like the the mysterious "bumps" on my arms, disappeared.

Best of all, I'm down 60+ lbs now and I didn't have to starve myself OR exercise myself into the ground.

So, yeah, you could say that I'm in LOVE with the Paleo Diet. ;-)

Anne
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jul-03-11, 13:52

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 500/408/300 Male 73 inches
BF:toodamnmuch
Progress: 46%

I followed Atkins until August and then switched to Paleo,although I do eat some cheese..I have lost 50 pounds so far,lowered my BP from 140/90 ON medications to 120/70 OFF medications..My blood sugars have dropped from 200 to 110 and I had suffered with arthritis in my hip and hands and was taking a 1000mg of Naproxen a day..Now I rarely take it,maybe three times in a month and I only need to take 400mg now..So huge results for me..
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-11, 13:16

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 155/155/135 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Lets see where to start.
I am 64 1/2 years old & no longer need high blood pressure meds. I am on NO medications and NO over the counter meds.

My hidradentitus suppurativa (HS) is in total remission. (I work to get the word out to the HS community about HS and diet - not that they believe me...)

I fell 5 years ago & broke my knee, had to have surgery & have 2 plates & six screws in my knee. It is fine & no debilitating arthritis like the surgeon said I would have within 1 year. Inflammation causes pain & on the Paleo diet I have no inflammation!!!! I do not even have a limp. I hiked 10 miles the day before I fell & broke my knee...

I have loads of energy & have many hobbies that keep me busy in additional to working full time. I plan to continue to work until at least age 70 maybe 73.

I no longer have pernicious anemia
no headaches, no bladder infections - I used to have those constantly.

no cavities, & no plaque & I do not use toothpaste anymore - too many bad things in it. When I go for a cleaning, sporatically, the same dental hygentist that cleaned my teeth two years ago or maybe every 1 & 1/2 years is always so shocked that I have no plaque & also that at my age I have perfect gum health!!! I do have dental insurance that pays to have my teeth cleaned every 6 months, but I do not like them messing with my teeth that often. Before my diet change I spent mega bucks on dental work & had gum disease & had braces at age 40. Needless to say I pass on the dental xrays that are paid for once a year by dental insurance.

I am sure I had tons more health issues but they are not even memories anymore. Really, I would be dead by now if I had not changed my diet.

My dil is Gluten Free plus mostly grain free and she cured her fibromyalgia with her diet change 2 years ago.
  #12   ^
Old Mon, Jul-04-11, 23:25

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 500/408/300 Male 73 inches
BF:toodamnmuch
Progress: 46%

That is awesome GFpaperdoll!!! Congrats!! It truly works wonders!
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jul-05-11, 10:31

Plan: Paleo/Primal
Stats: 226/181.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:Why yes it is!
Progress: 59%

Your story is an inspiration gfpaperdol! Thanks for sharing!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-11, 09:14

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 155/155/135 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Thanks ya'll I am very fortunate to have discovered the secrets to a healthy diet. I love my life!!!! Going to the gym this Friday & Saturday...
  #15   ^
Old Thu, Jul-07-11, 09:33
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Paleo
Stats: 251.7/229.6/160 Female 5'8"
BF:Way too much
Progress: 24%

I love all the changes that came with Paleo that I never even expected! My skin is clearer, my headaches are gone and I never have hearburn anymore!

Check out this article if you're not convinced!!

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/97-b...imal-lifestyle/