Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jun-05-20, 08:59

Plan: Muscle Centric
Stats: 238/153/160 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 109%
Default Dr Aseem Malhotra: Evidence-Based Medicine Has Been Hijacked

I know many of you will be interested in a talk given by Dr Aseem Malhotra at CrossFit in Santa Cruz at the end of January, which has just been released.

It explains how and why evidence based medicine has been hijacked by Bad Pharma causing misery and deaths to millions of people around the world. Also how manipulation of data by one cardiologist is estimated to how resulted in 800,000 excess deaths in Europe!

He has asked for it to be shared with as many people as possible, and has said:

"We'll be able to change the system when EVERYBODY knows what is going on."

https://www.crossfit.com/health/ase...c-game-changers
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jun-05-20, 12:26
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Thanks for this Demi!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jun-05-20, 15:28

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Also linked with this From the same event...Dr Zoe Harcombe's take down of the movie, Game Changers.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-06-20, 08:12

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Excellent presentation and argument by Malhotra. The sound approach to achieving health through careful and informed lifestyle decisions has been hijacked by those wanting you to believe there's a manufactured pill or liquid or packaged "food" that is the preferred choice. They certainly aren't considering human health over their own benefits. Voices like Malhotra's must increase in numbers and volume. I dream of the day when pharmaceuticals are no longer allowed to be advertised. Ironically, that's likely where most physicians get their information aside from the drug sales rep (dealer).
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jun-06-20, 13:15

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

The United States and New Zealand are the only two countries in the world where direct-to-consumer (DTC) advertising of prescription drugs is legal. We have no ads on TV or in newspapers in Canada and I'm always shocked when I see the ads on US TV.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jun-06-20, 14:01

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
The United States and New Zealand are the only two countries in the world where direct-to-consumer (DTC) advertising of prescription drugs is legal.

Yeah, I'm not proud of that fact.

I always enjoy watching Aseem's presentations though, thanks for that link Demi.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-06-20, 20:45

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

lack of prognostic benefit.

Something that people might want to know before deciding on a heart stent. You think?

- - -

David Sackett [BMJ link two ]

#8   ^
Old Sun, Jun-07-20, 09:30

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
The United States and New Zealand are the only two countries in the world where direct-to-consumer (DTC) advertising of prescription drugs is legal. We have no ads on TV or in newspapers in Canada and I'm always shocked when I see the ads on US TV.

I wish it was illegal. I remember the days before drug pushers were in my house.
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Jun-07-20, 10:17

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
I wish it was illegal. I remember the days before drug pushers were in my house.
The ads are so awful too - usually showing happy people doing marvelous things in the outdoors, rarely even saying exactly what the drug is for, but then saying "ask your doctor if XXXX is right for you". Followed, in teensy unreadable print all the possible side effects, often up to and including death!
  #10   ^
Old Sun, Jun-07-20, 10:32

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
The ads are so awful too - usually showing happy people doing marvelous things in the outdoors, rarely even saying exactly what the drug is for, but then saying "ask your doctor if XXXX is right for you". Followed, in teensy unreadable print all the possible side effects, often up to and including death!
In the late night TV ads they must hire an auctioneer who can reel off the side effects at 3X normal speed, without getting tongue-tied, to fit them all into the allotted time.
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jun-07-20, 10:42

BF:

lol, yes, the list of side effects outweigh the one good thing a drug might do..... and I point this out to my teens when there are watching these ads. Hoping they will not be duped by ads.

At what point are doctors responsible..... when are they responsible for the current situation. I know what ever medical services or drugs I do need must be aporoved by a doctor. Doctors hold the reins. Its the doctors allowing themselves to be manipulated by drug companies..... at the patients
's expense. Pun intended.

Last edited by Ms Arielle : Sun, Jun-07-20 at 11:54.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jun-07-20, 12:38

BF:

A friend of mine's MIL was very frail and dying on ~8 different drugs. When she went into a hospice, they take you off all drugs except those to make your last days comfortable. She got better and walked out two weeks later after all the drugs' side effects wore off.
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Jun-07-20, 16:45

BF:

Quote:
A friend of mine's MIL was very frail and dying on ~8 different drugs. When she went into a hospice, they take you off all drugs except those to make your last days comfortable. She got better and walked out two weeks later after all the drugs' side effects wore off.

That's scary!!!

My father was on about 16 drugs when he died. I kid u not. He started bleeding in the gut....and didnt make it thru the weekend in ICU. My brother a pharmacist blamed the overload of drugs. We didnt see the point of a lawsuit, as it wouldnt bring him back.

That was 19 years ago. Nothing has changed.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Jun-08-20, 04:48

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:

Not the first time I have heard such a story, but perhaps the first time I hear it from someone so close to it.

I went Carnivore when stress and last year's virus led to a terrible autoimmune flare. When I looked at how modern medicine treats it, I was willing to get "drastic" instead: which worked.

Turning off a person's immune system with drugs is FAR more drastic: yet I'm sure most of the country would consider me the strange one...