Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 07:25
Registered Member

Plan: Was Atkins, then BFL, now Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 144/111/112 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 103%
Default I just love peanut butter and nuts...

I haven't been able to eat peanut butter in so long and I'm enjoying so much being able to have it again. When I did low fat it didnt' work with the program, when I did Atkins it had too many carbs, and when I did BFL it was once again too much fat.

I've been either having it on my toast with eggs or I've been having it with 1/2 an apple along with a protein like chicken. Are there any other good ways you can think of to use this wonderful food? I'm so happy about being able to eat pb again.

I also bought a big bag of mixed nuts in the shell yesterday and introduced my kids to them. They thought they were great and fun too. I haven't eaten nuts and cracked them since I was a kid with my Grandfather. He was born in 1898, grew up rural, and ate TSP way. Those old timers knew what they were doing! Not only were the nuts good but they were very nostalgic for me. We used my DH's grandfather's crackers and picks that have been packed away for many years. Just thought I would share.

Denise
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 08:01

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

Awwww. That's a good memory! I used to hang out with my Nanny and shell pecans.

Sometimes it gets tough to slow down family time to make connections - sounds like you accomplished that, how great!! Very SP, indeed.

Jinx
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 08:19
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Denise:

I'm also a nut addict so I limit myself to nut butters b/c I can't be trusted with the real thing.

I never thought of p.b. with apple slices until SP. It's great. I also have pb on celery sticks and Ak-Mak crackers. For the odd treat, I get LC bread and make a pb and jelly sandwich (made from just fruit). If you aren't insulin resistant and have healthy adrenals you could have peanut butter with banana (yes, that's an obvious one).

I've made salad dressings with pb as well as peanut dipping sauce for coconut chicken. I love roasted nuts in salad.... oh, the list goes on.

Happy eating,
Wanda
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 09:39
Registered Member

Plan: The Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 130/120/120
BF:
Progress: 100%

I eat peanut butter (also almond butter and cashew butter) on baby carrots and it's wonderful!
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 15:37

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%
Talking p.b. makes everything better...

Let's see, I add it to oatmeal, cottage cheese, toast, celery sticks, ricotta, leftover fried tofu, and I make "chocolate goo" (see my journal, can also be made with carob). I ate nothing but p.b. sandwiches for lunch at school until I was 13!

Jen