HEY ALL!!!!!!- Happy Sunday! -
I am SO HAPPY the Challenge is working for us! -
- I agree with BLUE
- you you are pisst your posts get funnier and funnier. I totally get ya on the wanting sun and then retreat to your woman cave. I am sorta that way too! When I want the sun I want the sun- then when I need out I want cool and darker. I love the colors gray with red accents! I know you are going through revamp hell at your house, but it should look pretty when you are done! I am FINALLY investing a bit into thinking about putting a picture on the wall, and a new table.
So the more you do- it will pay off one of these days! Where did you order furniture? I need a table. Holy moly- I was looking on line last night and 500+ for tables. Oh hello no...... I m going to check out consignment shops. I want a rustic farm table. Where did you shop yesterday? I am thinking of hitting up a sale maybe...... I dunno- so much to think about. I know what I want- but like you refuse to part with the green backs to get it!
YEA on getting the pool up and going- steak on the grill and rum in hand= perfect day to me! POOL ENVY HERE!!!!!!!!!!- enjoy!!!
- MY FAVORITE time to swim is after everyone is gone from the pool and the sun is slipping in the clouds and I am on my float and nobody is around- just me and the water and the sunset! It's magical.
Ya I know you love your soy spaghetti! Still to many carbs for this gal! But we are on different ends of the spectrum there. I can't tolerate them (extra carbs). But I am glad you can and you still lose! I do love the RAO sauce though. I have been doing zucchini noodles lately! I really don't mind it. True it's not "real" noodles. But I doodle them thick- and honestly it's for the sauce anyway. I add meatballs and I am good!
How is your work life going? You have been SOOOOOOO busy lately. Are you finally catching your breath? Can't wait for you to enjoy your pool. Do you have a new suit for this year?
so when do you start your training? I too had to get a booster MMR- those suckers HURT! URGH.......
Did you see Aladdin last night? My DD saw it and said it was really good!
CRABBY/ Cranky days- Gosh don't we all have those! I will have to say though, really hear me on this one: Hormones. If a man were to say that to me I would deck him! But I can say that when I was still having my TOM- the closer to 50 I was a crying normal MESS. I am serious. Nobody ever really talks about the mood swings with menopause. But it is TOALLY REAL! - I'm not saying that is where you are at- but you are only a few years younger than me. I was going through it BAD at 47-51. After my hysterectomy- I got on HRT- and I am seriously saying I feel so different. So don't discount the fact you are a woman in that age bracket and you still have TOM. It really did effect me.
You know what odd about that- not often, but every now and again I swear my body feels like it WANTS to have a period. But again it is the hormones still adjusting. My GYN- told me it can take up to 3-5 years post Hyster to finally calm them down.
If I forget to take my estrogen even one night- the night sweats are brutal. That tells me I should still be on them! - Just food for thought!
Anyway- I am glad the hubby took a walk with you. BTW- did you ever take your watch in to get fixed?
- YEA- look at you being awesome out to dinner! I have to agree with NIC
- a peach slushy would taste like chemicals to me too! I just can't do artificial ANYTHING. Soda- forget it. It's the real deal or I don't want it.
I have made a wine spritzer but adding some sparkling water to it and a real strawberry.
But - no give me the real deal! - How long are you at your sisters?
I know you two are having fun!
- I am wondering if you had a change to look up Berne Brown! She is so inspirational!!!!- on so many levels! I have real all her books. I think my favorite is Braving the Wilderness. It's about being brave in the world when inside you want to run. It's about staying firm and being true to who you are and not allowing others to bring ya down. It's about truly loving who you are for who you are- and not giving a crap about who others think you SHOULD BE!
on doing a a fab job this week! It's the little things that add up we can count as a victory! Keep up the awesome work! - One day at a time! That is all any of us can do right?
- Ya- welcome to the party of ladies! Never mind all the "girly" talk- it just is! - So have you done Adkins in the past? Share when you are comfortable. We don't bite MUCH!!!!!!!- HAHAH
I just love how ya move a few pieces of funiture and it gives a room an entirely different look. So I LOVE how open it looks now! BLUE
- you are right- my table is going to go right on that anchor wall. I am going to check out big canvas! Thanks- I am STILL looking for that one picture of the woman in the red dress! I want that pic! It is mostly black and white, with shades of gray- and then the RED dress. It will pic up my red accent pillows- on my gray couches.
So- I really deep cleaned- like took out the vacuums and everything! Got the from office cleaned up- shredded so much- and it looks great in here- so open and cozy at the same time. Just really inviting- not done!
But this morning my DD called!
The baby is throwing up- and most likely has the same stomach bug my DD had last week! My DD - was sick all last week and tossed up her guts for 2 days before she could tolerate water. So they are being very careful with Ava- and not taking her anywhere. I am ok with making it next week! No biggie.
Maybe next week will be a tad cooler and we can grill. I will miss them- but if she is sick- she is cranky anyway and not happy! You just can't predict that- comes with kids.
So now that my house is clean- and chicken salad in the fridge. I had not bought the watermelon yet- thankfully since I don't eat it. So no loss there. I have time to be part of the mass chaos TRIG
was talking about in looking for MY table. I am thinking DISTRESSED white farm type table, with a bench on one side and 2 chairs for the other. I saw one on Wayfair for 800. - no thank you.
So I will look until I find it. I can wait. I have the SPOT open and just waiting. I put a card table there for now. I don't want to just buy anything- it has to be the right one! Maybe a flea market?
I am totally digging the challenges! It overall keeps me mindful- in so many ways. How I spend my carbs, time, how I eat, walk, ect....
So I know that everyone is doing their own thing with it. I will put it out there and if you go that route ya do- if you don't you don't!
OUR WAY! But even our challenges are different!
I can't JOY EAT- but those of you that know me- know that. Joy eating for me would be a month in a PIZZA shop and not coming up for air- unless it is a suck down glass of wine before the next round! - nope- no can do for this girl. Not now! Just for today!
Today is the grilled chicken salad wraps with extra mayo- I am good with that. I am doing crab cakes (NOD to NIC) tomorrow with a nice chopped salad. All planned out.
Go some sparking water and fresh limes and rum- ZERO carbs!
SO SO HOT here- no rain in sight - through even next weekend. I am worried about all my flowers dying. Water water water!
I am keeping my thermostat at 70- and I can here the poor new AC unit chugging away. I am actually closing the curtains on the side in the afternoon as the heat and the sun just pour in. Conserve AIR. Funny I am doing that already!
Have a great day all-
Quote of the day:You learn more from failure than from success.
- author unknown