Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 11:04

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8
Progress: 100%

Hi there smiley,
Glad you are here with us. How are you doing on you LCing? Have any stalls? Your stats look really good.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 15:51
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: // Male 69"
BF:???
Progress:
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley10
I am a christian too I love the Lord!
Amen.
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 15:53
Registered Member

Stats: // Male 69"
BF:???
Progress:
Lightbulb

I went to an all-you-can eat BBQ restaurant and had three plates of sliced pork with some lettuce and unsweetened ice tea. I would guess that it was about 16 or 20 ounces of pork?

And, remarkably, I felt great afterwards.
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 16:19
Registered Member

Stats: 187.5/179.5/135 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%
Talking

meagain:

Sounds like you had a good time. You know the power of suggestion....all of a sudden barbeque pork sounds wonderful! LOL

Last edited by Cleanheart : Fri, Jul-18-03 at 16:21.
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 16:29

Plan: Carb Cycle
Stats: 185/155/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 67%

Another christian here! Wow, don't know how this thread got past me!. I have been LC'ng since Dec2002, DH since Mar2003. We have one child and one more blessing on the way (due Feb2004).

I have in the last few weeks had to change the mindset from losing weight to not gaining too much weight too fast. But I know that LC is the way to go.

God bless everyone!
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Jul-18-03, 18:20
Registered Member

BF:

KathyD:

Glad you're here with us. Congratulations on your coming arrival! Do you know if it's a boy or girl? My husband and I tried a third time after having 2 girls and we came up with twins. (One of each) We definitely went out with a bang! Hang in there and just eat healthy. That's what I did and gained only 18 pounds during my pregnancy with the twins. (I had a little bit of excess to start with though!)

God Bless -

Kim
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 12:08

Plan: Carb Cycle
Stats: 185/155/140 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 67%
Talking Wow

Quote:
Glad you're here with us. Congratulations on your coming arrival! Do you know if it's a boy or girl? My husband and I tried a third time after having 2 girls and we came up with twins. (One of each) We definitely went out with a bang! Hang in there and just eat healthy. That's what I did and gained only 18 pounds during my pregnancy with the twins. (I had a little bit of excess to start with though!)

To early to tell if its a boy or girl. I want to know just have to wait until at least 20 weeks..

WOW 18 pound gain ONLY with twins. That is amazing. I was wondering if that was possible. Meaning using the fat you already have stored up vs. what you eat to grow a healthy baby. Thanks for the info!

God Bless!
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 12:27

Welcome Kathy, so glad you are with us. God Bless you and your family and your new ones to come. Stick around.
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 14:54

Plan: HealthPointe
Stats: 178/170.5/115 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 12%

Howdy!!!

I'm a Christian and would love to have some low carb buddies. I live in TN, just outside of Memphis. I'm 32 and have two kids, a girl 5 years old and a boy that will be 2 next month. I'm doing the HealthPointe plan, for about a week now. I would love to be smaller, but more importantly I want to be healthier. The Lord gave me this body and without even realizing it, I think I may have polluted it. So, I'm trying to set things right now.

I guess I should get some walking done now before I get going on dinner. I hope you all have a wonderful afternoon!!!!

Hugs,
Kimberly
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 16:01

Howdy to you too, and welcome. Looks like you are doing really well on your HealthPoint plan.
How long have you been a Christian Kimberly?
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 17:25

BF:

DeAnna,

Hi! Thanks for the Welcome! I've been a Christian for practically my whole life. I officially received Christ when I was 8 years old at a church camp in Texas... Falls Creek was the name I think. My husband became a Christian shortly after we got engaged... that was a wonderful moment!

I do think I'm doing well on the HP, but it hasn't been very long. I did have trouble finally getting into ketosis... it took me four days, when most people achieve it in two to three. Then again, my body never wants to cooperate the way it should.

It looks as though you have done really well!!! That is very inspiring!!! Way to go!!!

Hugs,
Kimberly
  #57   ^
Old Sat, Jul-19-03, 17:59

Wink

Thanks Kimberly,
Happy to hear your family is saved. It takes prayer to get things done.... right?
The best thing in life is Jehovah God.
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 14:23

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 282/276/170 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Hi Everyone, I've been busy for a couple of days. What a lovely surprise to see so many Christians on the board.

Couple of things. I checked out FitDay. I'm hooked. I go there and put in my menues pretty dutifully. I can't commit to doing it forever, but it will be nice to have something I can track back to if I ever run into problems.

I've also been asking around for some new things to eat to prevent boredom. Here are the ideas I've gotten that will work well on Induction:

I tried the Mock Danish Last night. I liked it. Will have to keep my "sweets" in balance though as I get such cravings for them. (Lots of recipes for this on the board, do a search for Mock Danish.)

Zucchini Chips: Thinly slice a zucchini, pan fry, then bake in a 400 degree over for around 10 minutes (keeping a close eye on them). Season with salt or something else to your liking.

Sweet Pork Rinds: 1 bag plain pork rinds, 10 pkg sweet n low, 1/2 stick butter, 1 T cinnamon.
Drizzle the melted butter over rinds. Put cinnamon and sweet n low in a bag and shake the rinds with them until coated.

Cheese Krispies: Freshly grated parmeson cheese in small piles on cookie sheet. Spread to 4" circles. Bake 425 degrees appox 5 miin, watching carefully.

Jello - "pudding": Make 2 pkg of jellow according to directions. When completed (but not refrigerated) add 8 oz softened cream cheese. Mix w/ electric mixer. Put in refrig. till set. "Puddinglike" consistency.

I pan-fry cheddar cheese. Sprinkle small piles of grated cheese into a pan on med. heat. Flip once. I eat them hot or cold. They are great!

Someone else suggested stir fry. Great idea. You can put anything into them. There should be many ways to do this one.

Also look up Pizza and Meatza recipes. (Just do a search on either word). These also look easy and very good.

I'm anxious to try all of these out. Praise God for variety.

I lots 8.5 pounds since I started Atkins last Monday. I'm very excited at the results. So is DH.

God's blessings to you all. May you enjoy your LCing.
  #59   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 17:31

BF:

Randi Sue,

Thank you for sharing some really yummy ideas! They don't all fit in with my plan right now, but I am really looking forward to trying them in the future.

The zucchini chips sound really scrumptious and the sweet pork rinds sound good too... do you think it would be okay to use Splenda instead of Sweet-n-Low?

Kimberly
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Jul-20-03, 19:59
Registered Member

BF:

randisue -

Thanks for the great suggestions! Will have to try them out. I heard of one that sounds pretty good tonight -

Take crushed ice and add 1/2 cup cream. Add a diet root beer and it will taste like a rootbeer float. Haven't tried it yet but intend to.

Happy LCing -

Kim