Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-07, 14:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 348/325.2/150 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default carb/fiber

I always subtract my fiber when it comes to Induction. That is just how I learned and what I prefer. My question is when I look at my daily carb count on the MYPLAN is it already subtracting Fiber or can I then subtract the daily fiber g i have used??? I think the answer is obvious but I want to be sure and my brain is a bit overloaded at the moment
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-07, 18:59
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

Um - I'm having the same question. I'll be coming back later to look through the FAQ's.

I'm not a newbie to the forums, or to LC'ing, but I *am* a bit of a newbie when it comes to My PLAN.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-07, 20:13
I've decided

I went looking at the FAQ's for My PLAN, but didn't find confirmation that the fiber hasn't been deducted from 'total carbs'.

Someone made a suggestion on the 'suggestion' thread that the fiber column be next to the carb column - I think this is a great idea.

I have a funny feeling that the total carbs field on My PLAN doesn't deduct the fiber, but am not 100% sure of that - so we'll have to wait till someone more knowledgeable comes along.

I hope I'm right in that assumption, because if not - then I'm over on carbs today..
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-07, 21:08

Stats: 348/325.2/150 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 12%

Well I do know when you customize it makes you subtract that is why I am thinking that the total carbs is already deducted but I am not 100% sure....hopefully someone that knows the interworkings can help us!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-07, 21:30
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

Yes, MyPLAN does subtract fibre carbs for you.

If you click on "Edit Settings" you can elect to display either the fibre count or the PECC (possible effective carb count). If you select the PECC option, you can still see your daily fibre intake by going to "Daily Summary."

This is a good question, and I shall add it to the FAQ.

Roz
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-07, 21:45
Forum Moderator

BF:

Oops. I've just been fiddling with "Edit Settings," and it seems if you elect to show the fibre, you need to subtract it yourself. So to have the fibre already subtracted, you will need to elect to show the PECC.

So to make it clear: to answer the question as to whether or not the tool has already subtracted fibre, it depends on which you choose.
If you wish to subtract the fibre yourself, select Show Fiber Count in "Edit Settings."
If you prefer to have the fibre presubtracted, select Show PECC in Edit Settings.

Roz
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-07, 22:56
I've decided

So, just to clarify - if one has "Show Fiber Count" in their settings, then the fiber has not been deducted?

According to my PLAN, my total carbs for today are 24 something - but there's also 10 something grams of fiber in there...does this mean I'm sitting at approximately 14 'net' carbs or did I go over my personal 20 gram limit?

Hmmm...just thumbing through my '92 version, and can't find where it says we're ok to deduct fiber.

But then again - it's getting late, and I'm not really looking carefully through the book...maybe in the morning.

Thank you for helping us clear this up Rosebud.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-07, 23:06
Forum Moderator

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citruskiss
So, just to clarify - if one has "Show Fiber Count" in their settings, then the fiber has not been deducted?

Yes, that's correct.

If you have selected Show Fibre Count then you will see the following at the top of your Daily Entry thingies:
Carb Pro Fat Fib Cal

If you have selected Show PECC you will see:
Carb Pro Fat PECC Cal
The Carb in both cases is the total carbs, and the PECC is the net carbs.

HTH

Roz
  #9   ^
Old Thu, Jul-19-07, 23:18
I've decided

Thanks again - now I'll be able to sleep tonight.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Nov-13-07, 16:57

Plan: Atkins OWL
Stats: 310/270/220 Male 6'-0"
BF:it is for now
Progress: 44%

Thanks for the clarification. I know this is a 4 month old post, but does anyone know if there is a way to show PECC in the Monthly Summary? I ate a low carb tortilla yesterday (31g actual carbs, 21g fiber) and in the Monthly Summary it shows my daily carb total as 50 instead of 29.

I know it doesn't really matter so long I am eating the right thing, it just caught me off guard to see my carb count jump so high. thanks.