Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-25-22, 18:11

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%
Default If you care about animals, you should eat them.

https://aeon.co/essays/if-you-care-..._source=Twitter

If you care about animals, you should eat them.

Quote:
If you care about animals, you should eat them. It is not just that you may do so, but you should do so. In fact, you owe it to animals to eat them. It is your duty. Why? Because eating animals benefits them and has benefitted them for a long time. Breeding and eating animals is a very long-standing cultural institution that is a mutually beneficial relationship between human beings and animals. We bring animals into existence, care for them, rear them, and then kill and eat them. From this, we get food and other animal products, and they get life. Both sides benefit. I should say that by ‘animals’ here, I mean nonhuman animals. It is true that we are also animals, but we are also more than that, in a way that makes a difference.

Continue reading at the link above if you are interested.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-22, 06:21

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

I was interested, but did not find his arguments that compelling. In fact, it was such a mix of things I found well-reasoned with something that sounded like double-talk written down.

I agree with the basic premise that animals and humans are in a mutually beneficial situation. I think it behooves us to make that as maximally beneficial as we can, simply from our own humane impulses. And the recognition that at least our fellow mammals deserve some consideration.

But what really upset me was the blithe assurance that when it all adds up the cruelty doesn't matter. And they assume that feedlot animals have any pleasure in their lives from birth.

Which isn't so, and large-scale corporate animal husbandry is why. THAT is what is bad for the planet: and the writer wants us to switch from cows based on bogus evidence of harm.

I think they should lie down with a cold cloth on their head.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-26-22, 09:00

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Good points.