Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-10, 11:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 222/200/150 Female 160 cm
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up just getting started with exerciseing

hi all
i am on my induction phase
i am starting to exercise , but i go to the gym and i feel lost !!!
i have a membership to a fully equipped gym with all cardio machines and free weights , but i don't know how long should i do cardio ? how often should i train my upper body and lower body ? and if i ask for a trainer it will cost me alot for personal training
i am starting to lose the weight but my body looks so bad i need to tone it
please help ! if some body could just give me an idea on how to manage my exercises along the week
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-10, 22:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/187.8/135 Female 5feet4inches
BF:
Progress: 31%

During early highschool freshmen-sophomore when I was in shape I used to lift weights on odd days and cardio on even days.
Cardio - Id do 40 mins on the elliptical (about 3.5 miles), then 15 or so min bike. Then sauna for like 15 mins. And stretch.
Weights - Id bike 15 mins for a warmup, then free weights for 45 mins. The lbs of weights were lighter because I didnt want huge man muscles. So i did 12 reps of as heavy as I could do minus 5 lbs. Sauna, stretch.

I was fit in early highschool (3years ago).

Hope that helped? Im trying to get back into it myself.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-20-10, 23:16

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/265.2/170 Female 5, 5
BF:
Progress: 13%

Hmmm...well I am not in shape but I do have a personal trainer. She has me do circuit training and cardio. On other days we may just take an hour long agressive walk. Any kind of excercise is good. I like Callie's advice. Depends on how many days a week you want to work out. Another worthy investment may be a heart rate monitor. That way you know when doing cardio that you're in the correct range. With weight training...just listen to your body. It's good to be sore the next day but not to the point where you can't move. Just take it easy at first. If you do too much, you could burn yourself out. Maybe keep a little journal to help you understand what works best for you. Good luck!!