Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Dec-12-00, 11:20
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%
Smile

With Christmas less than 2 weeks away, what plans have you all made to stay low-carb through the deluge of high-carb eating events. Have you altered your traditional festive dinner to suit your WOE? Will you be making separate LC treats for yourself? Inquiring minds want to know!

Karen
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Dec-12-00, 19:46
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default LC WOE -- Festive Version

Karen, the answers are:
yes
yes, and
yes

Enough silliness. The main meal isn't that much of a challenge, other than mashed root vegetable replacements, especially potato. It's that dang chocolate, eggnog and shortbread that's EVERYWHERE that presents a bit of a problem

I've got recipes saved from a variety of sources for alternates to traditional dishes where one really doesn't notice the difference much except for the shortbread, but I'm working on that one...). Stuffing, cranberry sauce/chutney, custard, etc.

There are so many more LC recipes out there that they've taken to being categorized! This year, my plan is (one week ahead perhaps) to have a fast search through Special Occasion recipes at LowCarbLuxury and CelebrateLowCarb, whip up a menu, and ta-da! only the cooking left to do.

And you? I would dearly love to know what YOUR plans are!
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Dec-12-00, 23:03

Plan:
Stats: //
BF:
Progress:
Cool

We are having 14 for dinner. I have started my baking with peanut butter cookies and Old Fashioned "sugar" cookies. I will follow up with single serving size chocolate cheesecake (made in muffin tins) and some peanut butter cup type chocolates. All low carb. This way, when my daughter brings in the "real" treats, I will have something I can have instead and not feel deprived.

Dinner will be turkey, meat stuffing from Suzanne Somers book, veggies, caesar salad, etc. so it is easy to lay off the potatoes.

I have asked for no candy this year and hopefully the family will comply. If not, I plan to put out what I was given with coffee mid afternoon Boxing Day. Then they might be eaten by others.

Thats the plan so far anyway.

Barb
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-16-00, 06:26

Plan:
Stats: 120/110/105
BF:
Progress:
Wink

For those of you who love shortbread and eggnog and can't go without I posted a couple of recipes in the recipe section under desserts. Almond cookies which are so good and similar to shortbread disappear too fast after baking them. Even people not on the low-carb diet love these cookies! The second recipe was eggnog. I haven't tried this recipe myself yet but it sounds good and I got it from my recipe book Low-carb cooking with Stevia.

Teena