Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-11-02, 15:25
Registered Member

Plan: Freestyle
Stats: 182/161/145
BF:25%/13.8%/5%
Progress: 57%
Default 6 Pack Abs

All of my life I've had a gut, and just now I'm getting to the point where its the smallest I can ever remember it being. I was wonder what exercises it'd take to get that classic 6 pack abs that every girl loves to see.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-11-02, 23:51

Plan: None
Stats: 230/230/
BF:6
Progress:
Default Re: 6 Pack Abs

Quote:
Originally posted by Psilocybin
All of my life I've had a gut, and just now I'm getting to the point where its the smallest I can ever remember it being. I was wonder what exercises it'd take to get that classic 6 pack abs that every girl loves to see.

I think we need to take a step back and see the underlying problem here, it's the fat deposits around the midsection that are stopping you from having a '6-pack'. Yes, cruches and leg-lifts are HELPFUL at shaping the ab muscles, but in the end you need to lose the last bit of fat to see the '6-pack'.

Mr.X
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 00:48
Registered Member

I know, I'm working away at that, slowly but surely.
Why not tone the muscles now, so as the fat melts away I have some nice abs underneath?
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 00:59

Plan: None
Stats: 230/230/
BF:6
Progress:

Quote:
Originally posted by Psilocybin
I know, I'm working away at that, slowly but surely.
Why not tone the muscles now, so as the fat melts away I have some nice abs underneath?

As you wish, I would recommend using heavy weight on the midsection creating the most muscle-fiber breakdown. (just like any other muscle, if you're trying to build bigger biceps you don't do 300 reps, you do 4-6 heavy reps, the same concept applies for abs) Pack on some weight and keep the reps to a low 8-12 for maximum results. There is no real difference between toning and building, the bigger the muscle the more 'toned' it would be because of the mature shaping.

Mr.X
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-12-02, 06:29

Plan: CKD Sept '02
Stats: 280/240/200
BF:
Progress: 50%

I have always kept my six pack in an insulated cooler and that is probably where it will stay.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 06:44

Plan: bodyopus
Stats: 212/196/185
BF:15%
Progress: 59%
Talking aiming at a 6 packs and genetics

Well i have dieted many times and i would have to say that you can lose your gut and lovehandes with hard work and very good diet, i think that low carb is the best for this.

BUt the 6 packs question is always the same, i guess that would depend on genetics, i have done the hight protein diet in 1998 went from a massive 205 pounds to 174 pounds, i was pertty thin then but still no 6 packs.

I dont see how i could have lost 10 more pounds i add done every trick in the book to get there.

This ended my quest for the 6 packs.

Right now after 1 and a half of CKD i was able to lose my lovehanles and feel good about myself again, no more gut, but has for the 6 packs i dont think i will perue this goal anymore.

Good luck and remember that its not worth getting sick over this, you have lost a good amount of weight has it is and 145 pounds , i dont know your height but thats pertty skinny if you ask me.

Good l
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Nov-13-02, 10:20
Registered Member

Quote:
Right now after 1 and a half of CKD i was able to lose my lovehanles and feel good about myself again, no more gut, but has for the 6 packs i dont think i will perue this goal anymore.

Good luck and remember that its not worth getting sick over this, you have lost a good amount of weight has it is and 145 pounds , i dont know your height but thats pertty skinny if you ask me.

1 and a half of what? And I'm not about to give up before I even start :P

BTW, I'm 5'9. 100 + 5*9 = 145lbs
Just using the calculations everyone else has told me to use.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Nov-14-02, 07:00

Plan: bodyopus
Stats: 212/196/185
BF:15%
Progress: 59%
Talking Good luck to you

Well thats a great attitude sir, so good luck to you and i hope you reach your goal.

Ho BTW i have been doing ketogenic dieting for 1 month and a half thats what i meant sorry.

So keep us posted and post your pics when you do get your 6 pacs.

Appologies i didnt mean to discourage you or anything its just that a 6 packs is really hard to have.

I really went overboard with that once and i want to avoid this to anyone, i didnt do it for the ladies because i have my girlfriend but still wanted to achieve the extra cool abs look.
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Dec-14-02, 01:54

Plan: Keto
Stats: 203/187.2/140 Female 5' 3"
BF:75%/5%/25%
Progress: 25%

So you are saying unless I am genetically programmed for six packs… I could not achieve them? I hope that is not so… I want those six packs… I was under the impression that it was the type and the way the exercises are done, along with getting the body fat down there... with of course a lot of other variables that gets you were you want to be...
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 19:36
Registered Member

Plan: Anything that works
Stats: 184/150/117
BF:45%/40%/15%
Progress: 51%
Default Six Packs...

They seem to look great on a guy, but I don't think they look right on a women somehow.

You see a great deal of the top female stars or photo's of top models and there is not a wiff of a six pack in sight. They just have nice flat tummies, but they are slightly rounded and you see the pudgy navel on them. Most guys that I have spoke to find that sexy, but they think a six pack on a woman looks out of place.

I guess if your going for the sculpted body building look that some of the women professional body builders achieve and that is what you feel is right then it's ok.

The only thing I want to achieve is my pre pregnancy tummy and a stronger toned body than I had when I was younger when I was quite skinny, but no muscle or toning. I'll be happy if my tmmy looks like a "Victoria's Secret" catalogue model's tummy.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Dec-16-02, 23:11

I agree a full blown 6-pack doesn't look all that great on a female, but what I want is just a trace of it there... I think then it looks good... Just enough to see slightly the muscles that make the 6-pack... I think that looks sexy... IMHO... Not so defined to look masculine...
Quote:
I'll be happy if my tmmy looks like a "Victoria's Secret" catalogue model's tummy.

I don't know... I haven't seen "Victoria's Secret" catalogue for a bit, but the catalogues I have looked at, the models look sick in my opinion, not enough muscles... they look anorexic to me... but I would think it is just want each individual likes... their tummys are flat for sure...

Last edited by adnil53 : Mon, Dec-16-02 at 23:25.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-02, 07:11

Plan: CKD Sept '02
Stats: 280/240/200
BF:
Progress: 50%

i agree, I only watched about 5 minutes of the Victoria's Secret special on TV. I just dont find a bag of bones very sexy. I dont understand how they are suppsoed to be lingerie models when they dont fill out what they are wearing.

But then again I imagine that the Victoria's Secret models dont find fat guys very sexy either so that kinda evens things out
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-02, 15:17
Registered Member

Plan: Anything that works
Stats: 184/150/117
BF:45%/40%/15%
Progress: 51%
Default LOL!!!!

Big Dog...I never even seen a Victoria Secret catalogue! I just hear people raving about the model's in it. I do know that the majority of women who are slim and in good shape though don't have the 6 pack, but a nicely proportioned tummy....which I would kill for after having five children and am determined to see once again. However, what I think looks really horrible is a six pack on a woman and a dark dark tan also, it seems to make their tummy look like a shrivelled prune from what I have seen at the gym. The creases look darker and it just does nothing for me...a trace is nice
  #14   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-02, 17:10

Yup... I want a nice soft (looking) sexy six-pack... and my white skin... teehee

Now you don't suppose I have to be geneticly programed for that as realdeal suggests do you?

P.S. Blue... I too have had 5 children, but I do beleive we can do it...

Last edited by adnil53 : Tue, Dec-17-02 at 17:17.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Dec-18-02, 18:54

Here is what I want my six-pack to look like...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg six-pack.jpg (3.1 KB, 64 views)