Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jul-08-09, 13:38

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marrin7
AF = Adrenal Fatigue. Poor buggers are spent

Well, Schwarzbein certainly has a lot to say about that subject and how to heal your adrenal glands. I would give her plan a go, if I was in your shoes.

amanda
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jul-09-09, 07:31
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 175/168.4/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Hi Amanda - actually I am under the care of a doctor for this whole AF, Metabolic Syndrome, thyroid, and diabetes mess. And it was he who gave me the Schwarzbein book to read.

BTW - I have cut back on caffeine last couple of days. Withdrawal headache but feel a bit better all the way 'round.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jul-09-09, 15:30

BF:

Quote:
Hi Amanda - actually I am under the care of a doctor for this whole AF, Metabolic Syndrome, thyroid, and diabetes mess. And it was he who gave me the Schwarzbein book to read.

BTW - I have cut back on caffeine last couple of days. Withdrawal headache but feel a bit better all the way 'round.

Good luck and hang on in there! She says you may gain before you lose if you follow her plan.

amanda
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Jul-10-09, 04:16

Plan: General LC
Stats: 198/184.5/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Quote:

Hi Marrin7,
how much caffeine were you drinking?
Maybe I should cut back....
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Jul-10-09, 05:42
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 175/168.4/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Israeli - I was drinking lots. The two days I work second shift at the clinic, I would drink coffee all morning until about 11 a.m. Otherwise I drink about 3 cups in the a.m. and will sometimes have a cup in the p.m. as well. And week ends! Well, I could drink all day long! So we'll see how it goes this week end.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Jul-13-09, 09:19

Plan: schwarzbein program
Stats: 259/253/200 Female 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Ok already!! I get it about the caffeine and am currently weaning off. I am now 5+ months into the SB program and could not recommend it more. The weight has not suddenly dropped off my frame although I have lost some weight. I decided not to weigh myself because it becomes this "thing" and when i don't lose, i get psyched out and quit. Welcome to my 7 yr Weight Watchers story!!

I have been on bioidentical hormones for 4 of the last months and all and all my mood is amazingly more balanced, my period is less tramatic (pms and during menstral syndrome

The one thing I have been unwilling to give up is the coffee/caffeine thing and so listening to this conversation and feeling better overall has given me the courage. I have switched to green tea first and then plan to wean down to no caffeine. I know i am already drinking so much less.

Wish me luck!! 5 days in!!!
  #22   ^
Old Mon, Jul-13-09, 09:57

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagomaj
Ok already!! I get it about the caffeine and am currently weaning off. I am now 5+ months into the SB program and could not recommend it more. The weight has not suddenly dropped off my frame although I have lost some weight. I decided not to weigh myself because it becomes this "thing" and when i don't lose, i get psyched out and quit. Welcome to my 7 yr Weight Watchers story!!

I have been on bioidentical hormones for 4 of the last months and all and all my mood is amazingly more balanced, my period is less tramatic (pms and during menstral syndrome

The one thing I have been unwilling to give up is the coffee/caffeine thing and so listening to this conversation and feeling better overall has given me the courage. I have switched to green tea first and then plan to wean down to no caffeine. I know i am already drinking so much less.

Wish me luck!! 5 days in!!!

Hi Chicagomaj,

On the caffeine thing: I did my first week with 75% regular coffee/25% decaf last week and that went fine. Didn't have any headaches or anything.

Today I started on the 50% regular/50% decaf mix and this time I noticed the difference. I could tell that the 50/50 mix didn't give me the kick of last week's mix. However, the morning went fine and I actually liked the feeling of not being all wound up from the caffeine jolt. I could tell that it meant I didn't start running around like a headless chicken! I was a lot calmer and just got on with my chores and didn't feel frantic.

However, since lunchtime I've been feeling tired and even went for a nap (I had a teaching appointment at my home at 4pm and wanted to be alert for that, but I know it is "against" the teaching of SPII to take "power naps"). I shall have to get used to this slight fatigue, I suppose, as she warns that your "true current metabolism" will be unmasked when you follow her programme and wean yourself off caffeine. What I must be careful not to do is to drink twice as much coffee as I was drinking before!!! That's what happened the last time I tried 50/50 decaf/regular. Doh...

But, the good thing is that I haven't had any headaches.

Hope you're doing fine,

amanda