Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-19, 06:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 395.9/276.7/250 Male 5’10
BF:
Progress: 82%
Thumbs up HOORAY! 6 Weeks In and Down 37.5 & Wife Down 16.

6 weeks in and Atkins is definitely working for us. We have stuck with the Induction phase since we have so much to lose. Hoping the rest of you are also experiencing the same success. Love seeing others success as well!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-19, 08:31

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Keep going. Sharing my success of being over 7 years from starting Induction and have not backtracked while remaining in Induction (very strict low carb/keto, which is what Induction is) to present time. When staying consistent, you'll find it's easy to sustain, manage, and delicious food is always available. Induction worked for me. so I stayed with the basic principles, and while I may occasionally have some foods (still low carb) that aren't always recommended for Induction, remaining consistent has made all the difference. If you feel restricted in food choices, check the many recipes available on this forum or the DietDoctor.com website. It's a horn of plenty. Anyone who says this WOE is unsustainable is not trying. Enjoy the journey.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-23-19, 09:36
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRB5111
Keep going. Sharing my success of being over 7 years from starting Induction and have not backtracked while remaining in Induction (very strict low carb/keto, which is what Induction is) to present time. When staying consistent, you'll find it's easy to sustain, manage, and delicious food is always available. Induction worked for me. so I stayed with the basic principles, and while I may occasionally have some foods (still low carb) that aren't always recommended for Induction, remaining consistent has made all the difference. If you feel restricted in food choices, check the many recipes available on this forum or the DietDoctor.com website. It's a horn of plenty. Anyone who says this WOE is unsustainable is not trying. Enjoy the journey.

Thanks so much for sharing your story. So far we are doing great. The hardest part has been not being able to go to our favorite food places and find anything that we can eat. Texas Roadhouse is ok, but we certainly miss our Red Robin and Pizza places.

Thanks for sharing your success!
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jun-28-19, 12:26

Plan: p:e
Stats: 298/149/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Burgers without buns and pizza toppings without the crust are delicious treats in my experience.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jun-28-19, 14:18

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

With time pizza places and Red Robin will become a thing of the past. I cant find what Im looking for unless its a steakhouse. Far better is gave one of my boys throw a steak on. I jyst have to serve myself. Better than going out.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-19, 07:18
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohamy
Burgers without buns and pizza toppings without the crust are delicious treats in my experience.

We have done both!!! You have great taste!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-19, 07:20
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
With time pizza places and Red Robin will become a thing of the past. I cant find what Im looking for unless its a steakhouse. Far better is gave one of my boys throw a steak on. I jyst have to serve myself. Better than going out.

We have found the same thing! Do you have Jimmy John’s near you? They have a sandwich called the Unwich. 2-4 carbs as it’s not on a bun, rather a lettuce wrap! Steaks are our “go-to”, add a side salad without croutons and you’re all set.

Great job everyone!
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-19, 16:39

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Good stuff. I remember thinking when I'd lost about that much, that low carb eating wasn't so much a matter of willpower anymore, as I was clearly getting the results. I had the routine more or less figured out by now, all I needed from this point on was just patience!

You've been doing it now for hopefully long enough to recognise that this is a direction worth sticking to, so just stay the course from here, and who knows where you'll end up.
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-19, 05:01

Plan: general lc
Stats: 214/146/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Most weeks I go out to eat 1 to 3 times and our typical places are very Red Robin-y. I also have a 20 year tradition of ordering pizza for the kids most Fridays. At Chili's or any other pub type restaurant, I get a burger sans bun. My husband generally orders the sizzling chicken fajitas minus the tortillas, rice, and beans. I'll scrape the nachos and eat the cheese with a fork. For any entree, most restaurants (including Chili's) will happily sub a salad in place of the fries, but I don't really like salad much so I usually pass. If I eat pizza, I just scrape the cheese and tomato sauce onto a plate and sprinkle some salt on it. Honestly, I don't miss the crust anymore.

For me, one of the great things about getting older is I no longer care what anybody thinks. I eat how I eat. And, unless I'm among vegetarians, I find I can do low carb pretty much anywhere, without much change to my lifestyle or anyone else's.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-19, 09:11

Stats: 155/143/125 Female 63
BF:33.2/28.7%/24%
Progress: 40%

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjcchoops
Thanks so much for sharing your story. So far we are doing great. The hardest part has been not being able to go to our favorite food places and find anything that we can eat. Texas Roadhouse is ok, but we certainly miss our Red Robin and Pizza places.

Thanks for sharing your success!

I was looking at older threads and ran across this pizza dough recipe. Looks good. I haven’t tried but Kristie does well with her low carb recipes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYX3LEsFU8s
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-19, 00:55

Plan: Generic low carb
Stats: 212/167/135 Female 66.75
BF:
Progress: 58%

Quote:
...we certainly miss our Red Robin...

Red Robin does a great lettuce-wrapped burger.
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jul-14-19, 11:30
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyLC
Red Robin does a great lettuce-wrapped burger.

Thank you for letting us know! May have to check that out soon!!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-19, 09:21

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Quote:
6 weeks in and Atkins is definitely working for us. We have stuck with the Induction phase since we have so much to lose. Hoping the rest of you are also experiencing the same success. Love seeing others success as well!!

Losing 37.5 pounds in 6 weeks!
That's 6 1/4 pounds a week!
Incredible!

Your wife's weight loss seems more in line with the usual pattern, but your loss is miraculous

Of course I have no idea of how much weight you need to lose but this is impressive!

Congratulations!
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Dec-26-19, 11:12

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Benay, you can see his Stats in the upper right of post, starting at 395. and you can read every post by clicking on his profile name. Last heard, down over 100 pounds, that was in October. https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=483099
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Dec-27-19, 09:42

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Jey, so you are saying "Losing 37.5 pounds in 6 weeks!" is not unusual?