Tue, Oct-31-17, 03:29
Plan: very low carb real food
Originally Posted by TiredFedUP
Thanks Momma Bear, nancy and Kristine. I've added your thoughts, plus "coconut oil".... I had forgotten how effective it can be in preventing hunger.
The arsenal in the war on the evening:
1. Intermittent fasting (either excluding dinner, or eating only gourmet dinner, or rules like no eating after XX pm). (OR NOT.... intermittent fasting results in bingeing for some people. Try eating more at breakfast/lunch to not be so hungry in the evening if you are one of those....).
2. Very-low carb limits (helps control appetite)
3. Talk to your cravings/behaviour issues. Learn to recognize them and address them. Let them know they are not important and can be dealt with. Watch them come and go.
4. Eat before bed (in a planned manner) to control sleepy-time hunger issues.
5. Respect a decent sleep cycle; avoid circadian perturbation.
6. Fiber maximization (including soluble fiber supplements)
7. Avoidance behaviour. Avoid evening eating. Avoid the kitchen.
8. Do things that provoke joy in the evening (music, exercise, ...).
9. Brush teeth and floss early in the evening, a concrete signal to brain that eating is over.
10. Have a convenient tea station handy. Herby hot water can calm eating urges.
11. Visualize the future: the scale going down, etc.
12. Try on tomorrow's outfit in the evening. Clothes planning, which helps visualization and confidence.
13. Drink a lot of water, often.
14. If you are trying vitamins/supplements, be compliant dammit. Find a routine that ensures regular dosing and notetaking.
15. Have a "close the kitchen routine". E.g. clean the kitchen and put everthing away for the evening.... dry the pots and pans and put them away. (and then terrorize anybody in the house who dares touch the kitchen before tomorrow morning!!... could be fun)
16. Remove the moral judgment from oneself. Accidents happen, but everyday is new and not pre-determined (kill the guilt ferrets).
17. Is binging/eating a form of avoidance behaviour or procastination? Address issues outstanding.
18. Try coconut oil. It prevents hunger for many people.
This is a great list. Thanks for compiling it. Not all of them will apply to everyone but everyone can probably find things that will work for them.There sure is a lot of wisdom and experience on this forum.