Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#181   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-07, 13:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 274/208/180 Male 69.5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey look! My first picture uploaded to my gallery!

Maybe a little over done, but we'll see after they've been in the fridge. They were very light and seemed fragile. But a nice dark color and the bottoms were somewhat concave (great for making a sandwich!). I used parchment paper and they slid right off!
Sponsored Links
  #182   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-07, 14:11

Plan: Controlled carbs
Stats: 218/195/150 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 34%

They look beautiful.
How many inches across are they and how many eggs did you use?
  #183   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-07, 16:23

Stats: 274/208/180 Male 69.5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Thank you Penelope! They're all about 4" to 4.5" across. And now that they've been in the fridge, they getting soft. (I was worried about over baking because they were pretty hard when I took them out of the oven.)

As far was what I used,
Quote:
6 egg whites (1.8)
1/4 tsp cream of tartar (.5)
4 egg yolks (1.2)
2 oz cream cheese (1.6)
1 package Splenda (1)
dash of salt (0)

(Total net carb count 6.1)
Made 8 Rev Rolls. (at .76 per roll)

I baked them for almost an hour at about 290° (my oven is a little hot, I think). Can't wait to have a sandwich tomorrow!
  #184   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-07, 18:37
~writes for Him~

Stats: 120/120/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Just made my first batch, and they look just like that! Only difference is we used all 6 yolks (dh was helping with the eggs) instead of just 4.

I want to try them now but will wait until tomorrow. *sigh*
  #185   ^
Old Fri, Jan-26-07, 19:14
~writes for Him~

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyJourney
This is my new favorite version! I have given up on cream cheese. All my rolls will now be made with butter! I love it! I kept them out all day and they taste even better! I have eaten 4 rolls! The only thing I would do is add a little more salt next time or use salted butter. The cream cheese usually was salty enough for me but I found these needed a touch more.

How much butter??
  #186   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-07, 04:57
Sugar Free & Sober!

Plan: Atkins/maintenance
Stats: 186/155/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 67%

My question exactly, how much butter?? Im trying to follow all the ways to make the rev roll but the one above is the one I like the best. I would like to try it with butter though. Sounds Tasty...
  #187   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-07, 09:51
Registered Member

Plan: PP/Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 178/137/137 Female 5'6"
BF:28%
Progress: 100%

There's a recipe in one of these 2 threads going that contains the butter recipe that MyJourney uses.
  #188   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-07, 16:56
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

I used just over 3T with 6 eggs.
  #189   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-07, 18:37
Registered Member

My batch tonight came out "flatter." They still look good though! Every time I try to do a 4-egg batch, they come out flatter. Mine were always really puffy, though and I was trying to figure out how to get them a little bit flatter.

Anyone else notice they REALLY shrink up in the freezer? I swear my last batch each roll got smaller each day!
  #190   ^
Old Sat, Jan-27-07, 19:45

Plan: ZC
Stats: 260/222/170 Male 5-10
BF:Huh?
Progress: 42%

For someone who never expected to eat bread again, this thread looks like a Godsend. Thanks to all of you brave souls!
  #191   ^
Old Sun, Jan-28-07, 21:21

Plan: God's Will Be Done
Stats: 306/189/162 Female 5'7
BF:Morris Chestnut
Progress: 81%

Ok. I just couldn't take it anymore. My oven is on the fritz. I can't bake anything. It's been driving me crazy. Cheaper to buy a large convection oven than get the stove fixed right now. So went and bought me a new convection oven just so I could make these rev rolls. All the teasing, looking at the pics, and the simple recipe I just had to have them. Just whipped up my first batch and got them in the new oven now. I was able to get 8 out of them, probably could have got 9 or 10, but I piled them up as high as I could. I've got my fingers crossed; hoping they come out perfect. We'll see what happens because I can never just follow a simple recipe - I've got to add my own little something so I added 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter to the 3 ounces of cream cheese and 1/4 Lawrys garlic powder with parsley. Yum...their smelling good already. Now the hard part; waiting until tomorrow to taste them.

Next, adventure - DEEP DISH PIZZA BAKE

:::::::::::::::::::

...an hour and 15 minutes later:

Ok well their ready now. They look and smell wonderful. Next time I need to set the convection oven at 325 instead of 300 because it took 15 minutes longer than I anticipated. Anyway, no sticking (used wax paper sprayed with non-stick spray). They are somewhat hard, but not rock hard and the color is golden brown (I believe the texture came out just right due to the convection oven because it heats by circulating hot air). Ok, I couldn't wait. I had to taste one. I tasted a bite as you will see in the pic below. It was good. I know I'm suppose to wait until the next day to let them soften, but heck I had to try so now I end up eating two of them. I put some cheddar and parmesan cheese, a pat of butter, and some garlic powder w/parsley on top and nuked it for 20 seconds. Oh man! This was really good. Not bad at all for my first try at Rev Rolls. I know if they taste that good tonight then tomorrow they will be the bomb! Tomorrow I will make a batch with FiberSure added to them so that they are loaded with at least 15 grams of fiber each. Ha! Ha! Ha! I'm gonna be so full from eating one Rev Roll. Plus I'm gonna play around with some different seasonings. Has anyone tried filling these Rev Rolls with meat or anything while baking. I want to try to use them to make a low-carb version of Jamaican Beef Patties. Heck. I'm gonna try it and see what happens. I may have to wait until there completely baked and then inject them with the meat filler. Hmmm...will see. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Dive deeply into who you really are, and have the courage to explore your most treasured dreams. Keep yourself connected to those dreams, and they will play out upon the stage of your life. ~ Ralph Marston

Delight yourself in the Lord and He will grant you the desires of you heart ~Psalms 37:4

Last edited by 2007 : Mon, Jan-29-07 at 00:28.
  #192   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-07, 09:46
~writes for Him~

BF:

Made my first batch! They looked just like the ones in the photos, even though mine had 6 yolks instead of 4 (dh was helping crack the eggs and got carried away)

They were very good as bread for my tuna sandwich!!! I also wanted to dip them in olive oil with dinner, but when I reheated in the oven they went back to the dry, sandy-like texture. So I won't be reheating them again.

I'd love to hear how the ones turn out with added fiber!!
  #193   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-07, 09:50
Registered Member

Reheat them in microwave, not the oven. 5-8 seconds should do it.
  #194   ^
Old Mon, Jan-29-07, 13:25
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenn07
I have asked 3 times before, but it seems to get lost all the time

Can you Toast a Rev Roll in the toaster? Does it work?

Hope someone has tried it this way, or if not mabie they will now

Please post your results
Thanks so much,
Jenn

I split mine and grill the cut side in butter for toast.