Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Feb-03-10, 13:39

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 275/273/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily1
Weez, Katelyn doesn't add any seasoning, also she never needed to lose weight, so she started this woe weighing 100lb and she is at the same weight now.
Recently Katelyn is adding raw eggs to her ground beef to ensure that she is getting all the vitamins and minerals required.

yeah i think i noticed that but who is on zc and who is losing? i want to exercise too
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Feb-03-10, 13:54

Plan: No idea
Stats: 145/-/125 Female 165
BF:
Progress: 125%

Weez, I have been on a no carb plan for over a year, just in the last week I added parsley and seaweeds, but before that I was totally carnivore for 13 months, I started just over 140lb, and reached goal within 4 months. At the start I suffered induction flue, so couldn’t exercise, but after the induction pssed, I went to the gym about 3 or 4 times a week, I only did like 45 minutes simple workout, so nothing too high intensity.

I didn't eat any raw meat, you don't have to if you are doing this for weight loss, I ate steak, roast, chicken, fish and duck. For drinks while I wanted to lose I stuck to water.
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Feb-03-10, 23:19

BF:

i know it doesnt have to be raw i just always liked it raw.. well raw ground meat.. may buy it in one of those tubular package or like its in a plastic wrap you know what i mean i like raw ground meat but i may needs some salt and pepper and herbs
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Feb-05-10, 05:49
Independent Thinker

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 198/186/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

I love ground beef. I'm not a germaphobic in any way.

But I would not eat raw grain-fed ground beef as it is washed in ammonia before packaging to prevent e-coli. As far as I know, an ammonia wash isn't done to grass-fed ground beef, especially if it's from a local source.

In addition, grain fed cattle feedlots are an awful thing-have you ever seen one? Horrid. The cows stand thigh deep in their own sh**, they are fed ground up candy, and all sorts of crappy high-carb grains, including corn and soy - not grass, like they are supposed to eat. They are all sickly from that diet so they are pumped full of antibiotics. I try to avoid eating even cooked beef from that source. I don't want to support it in any way.

When people eat grain-fed beef, they aren't eating the plants that the cows eat, but instead are eating the candy, corn and soy that the cows eat. Even if people don't care about feedlots or what the cows ingest, eating ammonia on a long term basis isn't beneficial to a human body.

JMO
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Feb-05-10, 10:55
Wag more, bark less.

Plan: Meat.
Stats: 216/149/145 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerchic
yeah i think i noticed that but who is on zc and who is losing? i want to exercise too

I've been ZC for almost five months and have been losing steadily. I started carnivory in the low 170s and am now 149 pounds. I don't exercise, but I'm probably going to start soon; my body wants to move. More details in my signature.
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Feb-05-10, 19:11

Plan: ZC carnivore
Stats: 220/194.5/180 Male 5'9
BF:
Progress: 64%

I lost 20 lbs in 1.25 months on ZC carnivore
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Feb-06-10, 06:13

Plan: paleo adaptation
Stats: 248/215/200 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 69%

I am curious how people on a ZC diet with a ratio of 60/40 or even 80/20 fat/protein say they don't drink alot of water. Charles of ZIOH says when he races (5K, 10K, half marathons) he does not drink any water at all. Curious as to how this all works. I would love to not have to drink so much water- as I pee alot!!
  #53   ^
Old Sat, Feb-06-10, 07:56
Wag more, bark less.

Plan: Meat.
Stats: 216/149/145 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

That's interesting, Rob. I rarely read Charles's running journal when I was over there, so I must have missed that. I drink water all day long, but I have to say, I've only been peeing a lot since I started back on coffee again .
  #54   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 10:25

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily1
Weez, I have been on a no carb plan for over a year, just in the last week I added parsley and seaweeds, but before that I was totally carnivore for 13 months, I started just over 140lb, and reached goal within 4 months. At the start I suffered induction flue, so couldn’t exercise, but after the induction pssed, I went to the gym about 3 or 4 times a week, I only did like 45 minutes simple workout, so nothing too high intensity.

I didn't eat any raw meat, you don't have to if you are doing this for weight loss, I ate steak, roast, chicken, fish and duck. For drinks while I wanted to lose I stuck to water.
you lost 140 in 4 months?
  #55   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 10:28

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Water Lily
I love ground beef. I'm not a germaphobic in any way.

But I would not eat raw grain-fed ground beef as it is washed in ammonia before packaging to prevent e-coli. As far as I know, an ammonia wash isn't done to grass-fed ground beef, especially if it's from a local source.

In addition, grain fed cattle feedlots are an awful thing-have you ever seen one? Horrid. The cows stand thigh deep in their own sh**, they are fed ground up candy, and all sorts of crappy high-carb grains, including corn and soy - not grass, like they are supposed to eat. They are all sickly from that diet so they are pumped full of antibiotics. I try to avoid eating even cooked beef from that source. I don't want to support it in any way.

When people eat grain-fed beef, they aren't eating the plants that the cows eat, but instead are eating the candy, corn and soy that the cows eat. Even if people don't care about feedlots or what the cows ingest, eating ammonia on a long term basis isn't beneficial to a human body.

JMO

wow so how do i get my hands on the good stuff? i dont know of any local markets where i live would love to get the good stuff
  #56   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 11:14
Independent Thinker

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 198/186/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

If you are in the US, check out these links:

Local Harvest

Eat Wild

US Wellness Meat

Wilderness Family Naturals

LaCense Beef

I hope this helps.
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Apr-08-14, 06:32
Registered Member

Plan: raw fatty meat
Stats: 166/151.2/155 Male 180
BF:
Progress: 135%

ZC is the best diet, I'm growing up(muscle) very fast.

my workouts are very hard.
fat is a good energy.

I love ZC. XD
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-14, 20:04
Glutton for Grease!

Plan: Primal-VLC
Stats: 295/190/190 Male 76
BF:don't/really/care
Progress: 100%

I find this thread very interesting. My diet, most of the time, is effectively zero carb. I look and feel much better this way!
  #59   ^
Old Sat, Aug-02-14, 07:17
Registered Member

Plan: raw fatty meat
Stats: 166/151.2/155 Male 180
BF:
Progress: 135%

I and my father are strong, healthy and full of energy.
no more acne for my father.
no more high blood glucose for me.
my father have -30 pounds.
I'm a good athlete.
this is a carnivore diet.
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Aug-12-14, 14:19

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

Quote: