Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-14, 08:36

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 178/178/147 Female 5ft8.5
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Alpro Unsweetened Almond Milk for Induction

This is what I've bought - I love almond milk and used to get the sweetened version, and it's great they have unsweetened.

Looked at the ingredients/nutrition, and my common sense self said this should be allowed on induction..

Am I right or wrong?

http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/webapp/...BqRRVnYaMcYc%3D

I drink 100 mls a day or less. It contains almonds (obviously) but only 2% per litre, which I don't see why would affect the diet. Mentions legumes, possible hazelnuts, but again with a carb count of 0.1 g per 100 ml, should I be worried?

I also have the alternative option of the sainsburys double cream. I also found (which is interesting) that it has a significant amount of less carbs for the organic version compared to the standard non organic ones. Just incase anybody's interested.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-28-14, 11:59

Plan: Atkins (DANDR)
Stats: 290/141/130 Female 65.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Does 1992 DANDR allow nuts on induction?
If so then this is probably fine.

I am following 2002 DANDR where nuts and seeds are an option on the 4th OWL level/rung so did not use them till then.

Luckily I have never enjoyed drinking milk or milky stuff (was the only girl in the Grammar School who had a Doctor's note to be excused custard and milky puddings!!) so it was never a problem for me not to use milk on induction, but I did water cream down on occasion to use instead of milk in recipes.

Who would have guessed that organic cream has less carbs than non-organic? Makes it a better choice I think - thanks for pointing it out.
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-30-14, 11:17

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 178/178/147 Female 5ft8.5
BF:
Progress: 0%

No problem!

As far as almoond, don't think I'm stalling as of yet. Although haven't weighed myself (weigh in tomorrow).

BUT clothes are very loose at the mo and I feel fantastic. On Sunday it'll be 2 weeks.

I may do an extra week of induction, just to be sure lol