Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > My P.L.A.N. Tool Support Forum
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 12:58
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%
Default post suggestions and feature requests here

This thread can be used to suggest any new features and enhancements to the current version of the tool.

Please explain in detail what the feature or enhancement does.

For example: "It would be nice to have our oun custom meal names, instead of the current meal names available. Users may choose to use the default meal names, or may enter their own names for each meal. So instead of "Snack 1", the user can replace it with "Meal 1" or "Meal 9am" etc.

Wa'il
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 19:40
Forum Founder

These are the most frequent request I've heard,:

1. Allow custom names for meals
2. Allow custom exercise entries
3. Allow food listings per ounces, instead of the default 100 grams
4. List fiber/ECC and water total in the monthly view
5. Allow sorting by name, in addition to nutrients

Those are now on the list of new features to add.

Feel free to add more suggestions here

Wa'il
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 19:46
Don't dream it be it

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 292.4/272.0/165 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%

I see we have little pie charts showing fat, protein and carbs and alcohol. Can we get a daily breakdown by percentages to see if we hit our desired goals, ie 70%/25%/5% or 30/30/40 etc.?

Beth
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 19:58
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elihnig
I see we have little pie charts showing fat, protein and carbs and alcohol. Can we get a daily breakdown by percentages to see if we hit our desired goals, ie 70%/25%/5% or 30/30/40 etc.?

This is currently shown in the monthly view. But yes, it would be helpful to see it in the daily view as well.

Wa'il
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Jan-14-05, 21:44

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

On the food search screen, in the order by drop down, can we have a choice for alphabetical? So when I search on "beans", it just pulls up all the entries that start with the word beans.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 04:58
muscle bound

Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%

I second Diemde's request. Also, in references to amounts eaten: while I'm happy enough with the 100g option, and wouldn't mind ounces, since I do both......I think that an option in just "grams" would be really awesome, for those who don't have cups, ounces, etc.

This is one of my major complaints about FitDay.
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 08:18
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by dane
I think that an option in just "grams" would be really awesome, for those who don't have cups, ounces, etc.

I'm not sure if I understood this. Grams are very small, if the default listing is one gram, all nutrient contents would be in small fractions, and hard to figure out.

Wa'il
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 08:18
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by diemde
On the food search screen, in the order by drop down, can we have a choice for alphabetical? So when I search on "beans", it just pulls up all the entries that start with the word beans.

Done

Wa'il
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 13:37
muscle bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
I'm not sure if I understood this. Grams are very small, if the default listing is one gram, all nutrient contents would be in small fractions, and hard to figure out.

Alright. Maybe it's just a daydream of mine. When I make stuff, I just toss it on my digital scale. So I get 44g strawberries. When I go to enter it in FitDay, I have to estimate that it's approx 1 and 1/2 oz. It'd be nice to just pull down "grams" and type in 44. But if this creates a problem for your default listing, then never mind. I think I see my perfectionism kicking in.
ETA I don't need it set as the default, just as an option in the pull down menu.

Last edited by dane : Sat, Jan-15-05 at 13:41. Reason: last line
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 13:46
Forum Founder

Quote:
Alright. Maybe it's just a daydream of mine. When I make stuff, I just toss it on my digital scale. So I get 44g strawberries. When I go to enter it in FitDay, I have to estimate that it's approx 1 and 1/2 oz. It'd be nice to just pull down "grams" and type in 44. But if this creates a problem for your default listing, then never mind. I think I see my perfectionism kicking in.
ETA I don't need it set as the default, just as an option in the pull down menu.

This is actually available I thought you meant when displaying a list of results from a search.

To enter exactly 44 grams, simply select the 100 gram selection, and enter 0.44 in the amount box. This way it's exactly 44 grams.

Wa'il
  #11   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 14:12
muscle bound

Ok

Now another silly thing. With the "search for more ingredients" spot, I can't find tomatoes. I've typed in "tomato" and "tom", and all I get are entries for babyfood, soup, canned products, and tom turkeys . I just want regular fresh red tomatoes.

Ok, I found them by searching the vegetable list; they're on page 6. But it would save alot of time if they'd pop up with the above search.

By the way, I just finished entering a recipe, and it worked great! Really like this option.
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 14:24
muscle bound

Here's the last thing, and I'm off to bed. I was comparing my day's totals with the same from FitDay, and they are pretty close. One big difference...FD lets you enter the size of the eggs. I have md/sm. The only option for size here is large. For 2 eggs it's a 70 cal difference. Not a big deal for me right now, but if I was carefully watching calories, it would matter. I suppose I could weigh my eggs! 'Night.
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 14:25
Forum Founder

Quote:
Now another silly thing. With the "search for more ingredients" spot, I can't find tomatoes. I've typed in "tomato" and "tom", and all I get are entries for babyfood, soup, canned products, and tom turkeys . I just want regular fresh red tomatoes.

Ok, I found them by searching the vegetable list; they're on page 6. But it would save alot of time if they'd pop up with the above search.

The search box so far is very limited. It will be enhanced, with some advanced options and tips to help narrow the search, and return the most relevant items.

Wa'il
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 14:28
Forum Founder

Quote:
Here's the last thing, and I'm off to bed. I was comparing my day's totals with the same from FitDay, and they are pretty close. One big difference...FD lets you enter the size of the eggs. I have md/sm. The only option for size here is large. For 2 eggs it's a 70 cal difference. Not a big deal for me right now, but if I was carefully watching calories, it would matter. I suppose I could weigh my eggs! 'Night.

This should go to the nutritional content thread Hopefully this will be covered with member's entries.

Wa'il
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jan-15-05, 16:49

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

On the daily view, can you add an option to delete an item from favorites?

Also, entries in the favorites box don't seem to be in any particular order. Can you have them alphabetized so that it's easier to find an item?

Last edited by diemde : Sat, Jan-15-05 at 16:56.