Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1651   ^
Old Wed, Nov-24-21, 06:21

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey Ladies!

Quick cup of coffee, shower up and I am out. I want to be on the road by 8-830. I have a feeling traffic will be heavy. Six hours in a car with a pup can be challenging. It is what it is!

Lori- I agree, if you can go and come home for the holiday without having to spend a night and all that crap- YES! I REALLY don't like spending the night at other peoples houses. Then ya gotta wake up and be all social before coffee. Then there is the issue of the thermostat. I like it frosty when I sleep and most people like heat.
Yup ready for the holidays to be over!

Hey NIC/ TRIG- !!!!!!

All- - I did exactly what I didn't want to happen. I am bouncing right now! Stress and cortisol are a REAL deal weight retainer/gainer! I am up 4 pounds and over the line once again dam it. Sighhhhhhhhhhhh

I know this is temporary and as soon as all this moving, driving, and holiday is over I can readjust and get into a semi routine and it will still down again.

I applied to 4 positions I am actually very interested in. One is a director job, 2 are hospital based but remote and the other is working for a pharmacy remote. I am hopeful I get a bit on one of those. I considered getting out of nursing altogether but I am addicted to a certain lifestyle that is not cheap or free. Add the cost of living these days and I am about a break even. So fingers crossed.
I would be able to live anywhere in GA for all positions. Which begs the question- where to go........

Well-

Hoping Trig is settled in beach side with her mittens and rum drink. Hoping Nic is sitting beside a toast fire with her family and Lori, you are relaxing with hubby home! All is well!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #1652   ^
Old Wed, Nov-24-21, 06:48

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Jazz, oh well there is next week to think about it all....I LOVE you saying that And yea you got time to nail down your next moves girl.

Glad you got a party group of people but sorry your son got sick. At least you can blend in and have a good time tho on the holiday....cool

Lori, new phone. ugh we chatting new phone for my kid too. and then hubby says he wants a new one....hell no. come on here people HA

Smart move. Cut down the present time, and older those kids are the money is what they can use....they can get what they want everything the older kids want now is very specific ya know, we can't fake them out like when younger with bright shiney plastic crap HAHA

Long winter ahead, you said it!

Nicco bet you can't wait to just disappear in DE on saturday, can't come fast enough for ya can it

-------------got here. nice sunny but colder than I want but still, NICE
ocean is calling my name. usual is bathing suit and boogie board....now it is coat and gloves. brrrr---will survive and enjoy tho.

I hate private campgrounds like this one. Packed in like a parking lot full of sardines. Can hear the neighbor fart in their rv next door it is that close. ugh....but it was the ONLY place that had one spot left for this time LOL

so everyone here has these dog fences around their awning areas. those low cheapy metal things and I walk Bolt and 3 massive golden retrievers storm their tiny fence, damn near knock it down and get over it before the owners came out and growling and were gonna rip Bolt to death and I picked him and hauled azz. If those any of those mutts got over that fence I was gonna kill one for sure LOL yea I could do it too LOL

Can't even walk the damn dog without death defying feats in these campgrounds. Sucks rocks big time. I told hubby I am SO done with places like this. I am state parks and COEs and boondock before I ever do a damn crap place like this again, or I won't go. But I hope we can somehow survive the time here.

then walking Bolt on the beach everyone with a damn dog thinks their dog is the best and wants to 'meet my dog' and I am like get the F away from me LOL One guy looked like a duck dynasty serial killer and kept coming closer saying his dog likes my dog and I thought, yea for a damn appetizer and I finally kept moving forward pulling my dog away and I said very loud, my dog bies so back off....he isn't friendly but the fool kept wanting his dog to meet my dog and approaching in a slinky weirdo creepy manner. I said real loud....hey back the hell off and turn around and leave me alone!~ He got the hint after that and I thought, yea me and my dog ain't gonna be no prize in some creepy box you keep under your bed People, geez louise sometimes.

restaurant good
ordered pan seared flounder and lump crab. thank god I said bernaise sauce to the side. disgusting sweet who knows what it was and I stole one big rib from hubby which was delish.

OK here we go today.... lets see what insanity hits us now
  #1653   ^
Old Wed, Nov-24-21, 15:21

BF:

Trig- You day sounds Devine!!!!!!!!!
Love the meal choices !!!!!!!! Oh yea a rum drink will warm you up and then the neighbors farting won't bother you a bit!!!!!!! :lol;

Gads on the creepy dude- take something to defend next time. I sometimes carry a side knife if I am alone. Something to think about.

Enjoy your time!!!!!!!!!!!!!
----------------------------------------
Traffic was heavy but here. Eating shrimp and drink a glass of wine. All good.

Back at ya tomorrow!!!!!!
  #1654   ^
Old Wed, Nov-24-21, 15:52

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

hi all!

Jaz I can only imagine what the traffic was like bc it is heavy here just locally. I hope you have an okay time with your mom et al. Do you stay with her? I create space by never staying at my Moms. That way I have my own area and can regulate better.

Trig I'm sorry you aren't pleased with the campground. Sounds like very close quarters for sure. That dude sounds creepy.. really glad you spoke up and let him know in no uncertain terms to back off.

Lori yay for DH being home again, Betty doing well and getting an invite for Thanksgiving so you don't have to do anything but show up!

All is fine here. Picked up C from the airport about an hour ago, and had lunch with K earlier in the day, so seeing all the kiddos today! Going to play pickleball a bit with all the Fam minus the youngest. T is having a friend come and spend the night (bonus son.)

Other than that, not much else to share. Looking forward to Thanksgiving tomorrow. Always a good time!
  #1655   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-21, 04:27

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning & Happy Thanksgiving!

This morning all I have to do is get my workout video done, hit the shower and then get ready to go to our son's for a delicious meal. I think she has 23 people coming! She does it buffet style and you just find a place to sit. Very low key, but very nice. Not going to worry about eating too much.....just going to enjoy. I made Betty candied sweet potatoes and we'll take them up to her when we get home late this afternoon and make sure she has a nice meal.

Speaking of Betty.....DH talked to her about the Dr. wanting to buy her house and she is all for it! What a relief. I didn't want her to be upset about selling, although I knew she understands that it will have to happen at some point. Now we wait for the Dr. to make an offer and provide us with a contract that our lawyer will go over. Part of the agreement will be that Betty can live there as long as she can. He has already agreed to that with no problem. I just hope he doesn't try to low ball us.....we'll see, but we're not going to give it to him. We need to be sure to have $$ to take care of Betty....either at home or in a facility if if comes to that.

Yesterday we went to get DH a new phone and I ended up ordering one too. They had DH's in stock, so he's all set, but mine had to be ordered. They had all kinds of deals and discounts and I said what the heck. My phone is 3 years old, so I'd soon have to get one anyway. It's only money, right? Hello?

---------

Jaz.....Hope you're enjoying your family time. Keep the wine flowing! I thought about you with all the traffic around the city. I'm sure it wasn't much fun.

Trig...Crowded campsites, aggressive dogs & creepy dudes? Sorry you're having to deal with that mess. Hope you're able to get in some nice walks and beach time without hassle.

Nic.....Awesome family time coming your way and then off to the beach you go! Have a great time!

--------

Time for another cup of coffee. DH is still sleeping, so I'm having some morning quiet time.

Have a great day everyone!
  #1656   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-21, 06:53

BF:

HAPPT THANKS GIVING!!!!!!!!!

Mom is sick- so I am making food on the fly for 12 people- back later........

Here we go!!!!!

Have a great one- it will work. Thankfully I am a wiz in the kitchen.

JAZ
  #1657   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-21, 07:34

BF:

Happy Thanksgiving all!

Lori, are you an iPhone or android user? I hope you love your new phone! Great news on the Dr and Betty and the house. Enjoy your meal at your son's!

Jaz, wow, I would be absolutely freaking out. I hope it goes smoothly!

Trig- I hope things are looking up a bit at the campground!

Up and enjoying some down time this morning before life kicks in for the day. DS23 is out the door to do a 5K with Fi and her family at their old school. We leave here around noon to head north of Bal'mer for Thanksgiving fun. Apps and the Lions, flag football at half-time (I'm not playing but will serve as photog!), more Lions and changing clothes, then dinner at 5. Long day but full and fun! Fi will be coming for apps and flag football so that will be very special- this is her first full family integration. Quite a big deal!

I played pickleball for the first time in ages yesterday. Only two games. The first one I was horrible and rusty. By the second one I was warming up a bit. I'm taking my racket to DE and plan to play there a couple of days this week and see how it goes.

I also want to go through the Xmas decor here and see about taking a few things up to DE. Not much but just a little something. I've been thinking more about my retreat room and what I want to do in there. I need to get a better idea of room dimensions and such.

I'll laze around here another hour or so, then get the artichoke dip mixed up and baguette sliced. Shower, then bake. DH is in charge of the fruit for the kids apps. Hardly any kids left now though!
  #1658   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-21, 07:35

BF:

BTW we may be wanting to look at starting a new thread soon. This one is getting hung up when posting a bit lately.
  #1659   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-21, 07:57

BF:

Lori will start a new thread for the new year....can we hold out that long? be cool if we could.

fast one guys

Happy Thanksgiving

off to all I can eat crab legs tonight and I am gonna enjoy myself feasting on that for sure!

sunny, bit chilly but ok. having good time goofing off.

got call from bro Greg. Mom is having bathroom issues now (ugh) and we kids all gotta start discussing some hard core crap here... (ugh)

over and out, gotta get my day going but YA'LL have a wonderful day!
  #1660   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-21, 08:19

BF:

Hugs hugs hugs Trig, I'm sorry about your mom. Try to let it all go today (no pun intended) and just enjoy the day. You can deal with that when you get back. Hugs though for sure.

Another benefit to DE house is tax free shopping. Anything shipped to DE is tax free. My current MacBook is over 6 years old and starting to slow a bit, so I am going to leave this one in DE and bought a new one for MD. I literally just saved 77 dollars in tax by shipping it to DE vs MD. SEVENTY SEVEN DOLLARS. IN TAX. I've been shipping all the xmas gifts and stuff there too. I've literally saved hundreds of dollars just doing that.
  #1661   ^
Old Thu, Nov-25-21, 16:01

BF:

Hello Ladies!

Whew and Whew - I got up and peeled 10 pounds of potatoes as I was sipping coffee and have been super busy for almost 11 hours straight. I DID IT. Pulled it together.

It super helped mom had a ham and I brought a pre-cooked smoked turkey. So it was just sides, and setting up and tossing everything in the oven and clean up. The beef and noodles I just tossed in a crock pot and boom. (it smelled like DOG FOOD to me but hey she loved it and my aunt loved it.

Seems I am following suit in now what with the mom. Difference though is that she does have a husband. I am thinking unless I want to make trip after trip after trip at 6 hours each way I need to think about a closer move. Coming sooner than later. SIGHHHHHH

I was able to STAY on point and no cheats! No cheese cake either. No taters, no junk.
I stuck with 1 deviled egg, turkey and steamed broccoli. PERIOD.

Well- I will help her get the Autumn stuff put away and the tree up and see a friend of mine tomorrow and head "home" Sat. AM.

Trig- - sorry to hear about your mom. DO try to enjoy yourself. It will be there when you get back!!!!!!!!!

Lori/ NIC hope you are having a wonderful time.
------------------------------------------
All good.

Feet propped up- kitchen cleaned up. It was nice seeing my aunt and cousins. Rugar of course was the STAR of the day.

Have a great day!!!!
  #1662   ^
Old Fri, Nov-26-21, 04:35

BF:

Good Morning!

The day after.....all quiet here after a nice day. Best part was that I didn't have to do anything! I drank too much wine and ate too much stuffing, but not worrying about it. This too shall pass!

Jaz......WOW! You got thrown into the fire girl! Sounds like you handled it all like a Pro. Hope your Mom is feeling a bit better today.

Nic.....I'm sure you had a busy & happy day with all the family. I bet you're anxious to head for DE tomorrow. Enjoy!

Trig...Sorry about the report from your brother about Mom. Maybe she was just having a bad day and things will improve a bit. It's rough, but you'll get things worked out when you get home. ((Hugs))

---------

I'm going to run to the grocery store today and pick up a few things. I have to figure out what to feed DH for the next couple days. He wants fruit salad again, so I'll get stuff to throw that together. I also found a recipe for shrimp stir fry using broccoli slaw and frozen shrimp that I want to try. I'm hoping all the shopping crazies will be somewhere other than the grocery store.

Have good days!
  #1663   ^
Old Fri, Nov-26-21, 06:19

BF:

Sounds like Jaz and Lori had good Tdays

Me too.

Waiting on report from Nicco

Attached a pic of my crab legs and 'somewhat chewy' sirloin steak. I ate 2 plates of this, not that steak, the crab and peel/eat shrimp. tried a piece of turkey, so boring, so bland but juicy

bit of rain, hope it moves out sooner than later...they said it would, we shall see. If rain stays we might just go to Ripleys aquarium for something to do.

over and out, be good all, happy you enjoyed your days and even tho Nicco hasn't posted yet, I know she had a good Tday with family too

https://forum.lowcarber.org/attachm...achmentid=14038

Last edited by Whirrlly : Fri, Nov-26-21 at 06:25.
  #1664   ^
Old Fri, Nov-26-21, 07:19

BF:

Good Morning!

I am one tired gal. I am here one more day. I am helping her put up her tree and seeing my neighbor. I will head out first thing tomorrow.

Trig- Your dinner looked awesome! No clean up! How is the beach??? It sure is a cold week!!!!!

Lori- Love that you have no clean up and it's a nice and quiet day! I hear ya on too much wine and stuffing! I had to avoid that or it would be a carb nightmare for me!
Glad you are settled in.

NIC-
YAY on family time. I know you are having a grand time!
---------------------------------------------------------
I was so busy yesterday I was able to stay on track. Sent you a pick of me and my mother. She looks great in the pic- but she wasn't. More on that later.........

Today's menu:
Ham and mushroom omelette - BIG omelette!!!!! That just sounds so good to me. They have left over shrimp and salami if I get munchies. ALL LC good!

check in later
  #1665   ^
Old Sat, Nov-27-21, 04:31

BF:

Good Morning!

Today the cat wasn't ready to get up(sleeping at the foot of our bed), but DH wanted to get up at 4:30 to meet DS & DGS to go hunting. Good grief....I can't catch a break. I didn't sleep very well either...restless. Long day ahead.

I'll stop up at Betty's a bit later and then DH wants me to go to a soup sale at a local church and get some chicken corn soup, ham & bean and beef vegetable. They make the soup in big kettles and you buy it by the quart. It is delicious.

The scale is starting to scare me. Up a half pound every day. Time to tighten things up NOW. I've been letting too many carbs sneak in and not eating enough protein. Feeling as round as a balloon. What a PITA.

Jaz & Nic....both on the road today. Safe travels! Trig......do you come home today too? I've lost track.

That's it from here. I have my food planned out for the day. Now to stick to it!