Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-02-02, 23:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/205/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Unhappy Discouraged Newbie

Hello Everyone! I posted on another board, then I found this one. It has been hard for me to find others on CAD. I can't believe I found this one. Here is my situation: I started CAD on March 3rd. I lost three pounds in the first two weeks. Since then I have gained back a pound. Am I stalled? The Atkins WOL scares me with the quick weight loss in the beginning. I don't mind the slow weight loss if it means a better chance of keeping it off, but I'm wondering if I'm slower than I should be. Thanks all!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 05:25

Plan: CAD/CALP
Stats: 184/181/150
BF:
Progress: 9%
Default FloJo

Hi,

What ever you do, don't get discouraged. Don't forget that this is new to your body and everyone reacts differently.

Which CAD book to you have? The old one or the new Lifespan Program one??? In the CALP there's tips and the such to help you eliminate possible triggers or weight loss stallers.

Also.. why don't you come join our 6 week challenge and post your meals every day. Then we can maybe see what you're lacking or should change. We also encourage each other through our weight loss on a daily basis and trust me when I say it makes a difference.

Hope you come and join us...
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 11:35

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default Welcome Flo

Nice to meet you Flo!

Josee is right... don't get discouraged.

Personally, I like the CALP book..... same principles, just easier IMO to understand.

I have trigger foods..... took me a while to find them. So be encouraged. You can do this!

Libby
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 12:07

BF:
Default Yup

I agree with Libby. I also like the CALP better. I find that it's better explained.

Trigger foods... I know some of mine but it also depends on the day. Carbs have a way of sneaking up on us it seems.

Anyhoo... come join us in our challenge week 6... you'll love it there.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 12:10
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 228/205/140
BF:
Progress: 26%
Unhappy

Thanks for your replies! The book I have read is the CAD book. I have not read CALP. Are there that many differences between the two? Libby: What is IMO? Remember I'm new! Josee: How do I join the challenge and post my meals?
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-03-02, 12:23

BF:
Default GO Here

(on top of this screen you'll see in what room you're in, it will say active low-carber forums > main low-carb diets forums & support > daily low-carb support > CAD/CALP) click on CAD/CALP... then scroll down a little and you'll see the topic challenge week 6... just click on it and you'll be there. You'll see my name and Libby's as well as others.
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-04-02, 09:20

Plan: The Carbohydrate Addict's Lifespan Program
Stats: 190/140/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 91%
Default IMO

In My Opinion....... you should stick around for a while! You might like us.

Libby