Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 19:53
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 202/191.8/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Default New and need some support

Hello all,
I just happened to stumble upon this website when I was looking up the Atkins diet. I think it is awesome their are places like this for those of us needing support and ideas to reach our weightloss goals!
I am starting the Atkins diet in hopes of losing 60 pounds. I currently weigh 202...blah. Anyway, I need to do something as I am always tired before the day is over and I don't even like to look at myself in the mirror. I have gained all this weight (used to weigh 143) in the last 3 years, I think mostly due to depression coupled with a very stressful life. I have just recently went off my anti-depressants and stopped using my birth control because of the weight gain side effects. I was supposed to get married this August but that has been put on the back burner due to various reasons. I want to be able to feel good about myself again and get back into my size 8 jeans. Any support you can offer would be much appreciated! Also, if there are any people that live in my area that would like to e-mail, chat, etc. for moral support that would be great too!
Tomorrow is the first day of a new beginning for me! I have a membership to 24hour fitness and I am going to start going on a regular basis...wish me luck.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 21:44

Stats: 350/199/180 Male 5'9"
BF:52%/ 18% /10%
Progress: 89%

Hi and welcome to the forum
  #3   ^
Old Tue, May-17-05, 23:48

Stats: 140/140/125 Female 66 inches
BF:22% and shrinking
Progress: 0%

Hi and welcome . You will find loads of support and encouragement and advise here. I also went off my anti depressants when I started LCing and guess what...I dont need them anymore anyway. Not only have I had fantastic changes in my weight and my health, but emotional as well. Good luck to you
  #4   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 07:33
Registered Member

BF:

Thanks for the welcome! I am off to a good start, I went to the gym last night and worked on the elyptical for an hour...whew. It felt good! Today is my first day doing the atkins and I know that I will have a tough time as I am a big starch fan. I will try to post my weight every Sunday and let you all know the progress I am making. I am excited.
I would love any tips you have to offer that helped when you got cravings or just needed an energy boost. I really want to succeed.
Have a great day.
Jules
  #5   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 07:53

Plan: Atkins~~OWL
Stats: 294/237/150 Female 5' 6
BF:
Progress: 40%

Just wanted to say welcome I am new here too but everyone is so nice and encouraging I think this forum is gonna be a lifeboat for me during the long mths of willpower ahead. I have found the links with the recipes particularly interesting. I plan to try SF jello with some redi-whip the next time I get a sweets craving. GOOD LucK and Welcome !!

KimNWI
  #6   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 08:25

Stats: 277/260/220 Female 171 cm
BF:
Progress: 30%

Hi, Jules,

Welcome to the forum!

This is a great place for info and support!

Lots of good luck on your LC-journey!
  #7   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 13:11
Registered Member

BF:
Thumbs up Just had lunch

Thanks for the welcome, it makes me feel positive just knowing I can come here ( I can actually access it from work) to LC. I just got done eating lunch. Salad with half a baked chicken breast, 1tbs ranch dressing, water and 16oz of crystal lite. It's a great way to make it through my day, stopping in really quick to see who said what, etc.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 13:43

Plan: To Stay Sane
Stats: 275/239.4/224 Female 5'3
BF:
Progress: 70%

Hey Jules! Welcome aboard! This WOE/WOL will have you feeling better in no time! Really. It took me about 4 days of literal hell on induction before my body started to accept the change but then it just happend -- like a re-birth! All this energy that you can't help but feel GREAT! Honestly. You can do this! We're here for you and this place is such incredible motivation and support... oh and you should look into starting a journal, too! GL and have fun!!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 16:40
Registered Member

BF:
Cool You guys are all awesome!!!

Thanks for the welcome Christina! I just love how friendly everyone is here. I can tell this REALLY is a place you can come for support. I plan on using all the input as a tool to get me through this, thick or thin...heh.
I am going to head to the gym again tonight for another hour on the elyptical and I am having a hamburger patty and some veggies for dinner. Almost through day one...yeah!!!!
  #10   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 17:10
Registered Member

BF:
Default Question....

Hello again. I tried going to the chat and nothing happens. Do I need to d/l something? Can anyone help me with this? Thanks.
Jules
  #11   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 20:11
Registered Member

Stats: 220/200/135 Female 5'7
BF:31
Progress: 24%

I found another weight loss buddy! I also weigh 202 and would like to lose about 60 pounds give or take!! I am gonna be so estatic when I get down to the 190's just because it has been so long (almost a full year) since onederland! Lets kick this fat in the ***! Good luck! Keep us updated!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 21:20
Registered Member

BF:

Hey Holly,
Thanks for the welcome and I wish you success too! I put you on my buddy list although I am not sure how to access it...lol. I am still finding my way around here but enjoying all the posts of support from everyone.
  #13   ^
Old Wed, May-18-05, 22:28

Plan: general leaning toward Sb
Stats: 336/196/150 Female 5'4"
BF:gettin/down/there
Progress: 75%

I think you have to post something like 25 times before you can access all of the options on this sight. Not sure what the actual number is but just keep posting and trying. it will become available to you soon.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 07:59
Registered Member

BF:
Default 198

Morning everyone. I made it through day one...yeah! I weighed myself at 198 this morning, so I guess that's a good thing. I keep wishing I will wake up and all that excess weight will just have vanished in the night but I know that will only happen with lots of hard word and effort. I would like to lose 60 pounds by September, do you think that is enough time? Please, anyone let me know of any tips that helped you stay on track and kept you going. My life is full of so much stress and I tend to be a stress eater, which I fear is going to be my downfall. I don't want to fizzle out on this a week down the road!
I hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Jules
  #15   ^
Old Thu, May-19-05, 08:17
Registered Member

Plan: my own plan
Stats: 290/235/170 Female 5'8
BF:TOO MUCH!!!
Progress: 46%

Welcome to the forum. Without this forum I don't think I could have made it this far. I have lost almost 50 pounds in less than 3 months, make your goal attainable but not impossible. I wish you the best of luck, drop in on me anytime.