Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-04-06, 11:13

Plan: Kimkins Bootcamp
Stats: 185/145.2/140 Female 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%
Default Hi! I am new!!

Hello Everyone!

I am new to the Protein Power diet. I am very excited about it. My husband did it a few years ago and had success. I have been doing Weight Watchers for the past year now and I had great success losing 20 lbs. or so. For the past 6 months I have been on a plateau I would lose and gain the same 4-5 pounds over and over again.

So I decided to give my body a shock and try something totally different. I have been doing this diet for 2 days and find it pretty easy to follow.

Although, I eat alot of protein. Like more that 120+grams a day. Is that OK? I drink protein drinks that have 40 grams of protein in it and only 4 carbs. I work out alot and needed to change things up a bit.

Anyway...thanks for listening and I will continue to check in and ask questions.

SBC
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-04-06, 18:24

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 216/166/150 Female 60 inches
BF:45%/33.5%/28%
Progress: 76%

SBC, have you done the calcs in any of the Protein Power books to estimate your lean body mass, or estimate by weight plus height what the Drs. Eades recommend for your daily minimum protein requirement?

It's important to remember that the recommended protein is only a minimum guideline, and it's not really a problem to go 'over' your requirement, unless you're very small and/or very close to your goal weight. Here's a protein calculator that makes recommendations about intake very close to the ones I get when I calculate my LBM from the original Protein Power book...hope it helps. Scroll down to get to the Protein Calculator
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jun-05-06, 05:19

BF:

I have read the first book cover to cover, however I need to purchase the 2nd book!

I did do the calculations, however I was just curious regarding the protein. I tend to go over and was wondering if that was ok. Thanks for the reply! It is nice to know that others are out there doing the same thing.

I am a newbie to this, so I am sure I will have many questions.

Have a good Day!

SBC
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-05-06, 07:13

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 216/166/150 Female 60 inches
BF:45%/33.5%/28%
Progress: 76%

SBC, since the protein recommendations from the calcs in Protein Power are about 20-25% lower than the much rougher estimates in Protein Power Lifeplan, you're all in the clear for going 'over' on your protein requirement on a daily basis. The PP book gives me what I consider a 'bottom-line' number, but my normal intake is usually 20-30% above that, closer to the estimated recommendations in PPLP. Hope that helps.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jun-05-06, 11:22

BF:

Yeah, that helps a ton! I am finding this diet to be so fulfilling. By that I mean that I am not hungry. I actually have to feed myself every few hours, just because I know I should eat then. But I am really not that hungry.

So I will grab a slice of cheese or some chicken breast that I cooked on the grill ahead of time or a small salad. I hope I get the results that I need!

SBC