Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-21, 06:33

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%
Default Magic Spoon cereal

I am living the dream!

The downside is the price. It's twice what we'd pay for a somewhat larger, name-brand box of cereal. This is especially shocking if we grew up, as I did, mostly eating from those big bags of cereal stocked near the floor of the grocery store, aka People Chow.

On the considerable other hand: this stuff is delicious.

My own journey has most recently uncovered just what array of foods I can and cannot eat. Almost inevitably, the dirt-cheap foods I was raised on turn out to be forbidden now. Of course, this is more than weight control, even more than the diabetes which runs in my family. I had other factors which resulted in a final desperation move -- evaluating every single food -- from the jump -- to get my autoimmune issues under control.

And I did it! And I'd still rather pay for good food than terrible drugs: for one thing, it not only feels better to manage my condition with food, it's cheaper, too.

Per "meal" I pay about what I was paying for high quality protein bars using whey protein instead of soy, using sweeteners I get along with instead of bad ones. Once I started working it out that way the picture got clearer. I eat considerable hamburger, inexpensive cheese from Aldi's, and the store brand Greek yogurt. Even so, the rice and beans crowd would be shocked, I'm sure. Especially when I spend more for things that help keep me keto.

I'm still sick and while the Pandemic has done me good in many ways, even though it took away my job, I am getting unemployment, and after 20 years of continuous employment, I haven't the slightest bit of anything but gratitude. So the rest helped, but probably was offset by the continual stress

In any case, not having health insurance for a while also hardened my resolve to stick with what works. When I started seeing a personal steak as the same price as a good-sized frozen meal, or how -- when I'm low -- grabbing something easy and quick will keep me on my special eating plan, I began thinking in terms of money/satiety ratio.

That is where this particular keto cereal really shines. For less than what I pay for a protein bar, I get an almost-as-easy meal (I use heavy cream) that is more tasty, and more satiating. A bowl of this stuff (1 cup = $2, per the website) IS a meal. That's amazing. Unlike the Kellogg's kind, I eat my bowl of cereal and happily stop.

I find that by working from their website and using automatic deliveries, I get the lowest possible price. Also, as a new item, there's many discount codes floating around: worth search-engine-ing for.

Magic Spoon keto cereal

Last edited by WereBear : Sat, Jul-17-21 at 07:13.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-21, 06:51

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

You are a shining example of changing your foods for a healthier happier outcome.

Went down memory lane with my son talking boxed cereals. A whole box of Capt Crunch was my favorite. A close second was Sugar Pops. Ditched all that crap when kids were little. Son still gets that crap when outside the house at friends, school etc.

Nice to have a safe alternative!!
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-21, 07:16

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
You are a shining example of changing your foods for a healthier happier outcome.

Aww, thanks. I had considerable incentive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Went down memory lane with my son talking boxed cereals. A whole box of Capt Crunch was my favorite. A close second was Sugar Pops. Ditched all that crap when kids were little. Son still gets that crap when outside the house at friends, school etc.

Nice to have a safe alternative!!

I was a Quisp fan But yeah, that Captain Crunch... a few bowls of that would have your upper palate hanging down in shreds

It's like any other junk food: you eat until it's gone. No matter what! At least, that's what cereal did to me.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Dec-18-21, 10:19

Plan: RNY (small portions)
Stats: 306/225/120 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 44%

I'm going to try it! If my kids can switch to this instead of the poison they eat, it would be a great thing!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-18-21, 14:18

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Great idea!! Everything we can do to prevent the next generation from a future of chronic disease!!!