Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-12, 15:18

Plan: Atkins/M&E
Stats: 165/127.1/115 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 76%

DoreenT, my apologies. Won't happen again.

Colipdx, sorry to have put you on the spot like that. It was entirely my fault. Peace.

Good going, everyone. This is a very exciting thread to read.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-12, 20:55

Plan: Atkins, hCG Diet
Stats: 168/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:30%/25%/23%
Progress: 100%

Beth - Sounds like you are referring to MY husband. Reads rules, reminds everyone of the rules etc.

4beatgaits - This IS an amazing diet! It has not been easy for me (hunger/low blood sugar issues/grumpy) but the results can't be beat!

Jande2211 - No worries. I sorta knew the rules but forgot in all the excitement.

Rough day but I am at the end. Feels so good to be moving in the right direction. Just wish I had the "no hunger" effect everyone keeps talking about! I was nervous driving on the freeway today around noon as my mind was on the fritz so close to lunch. I added more protein today and less fruit. I'll see tomorrow how my body reacts to it. Goodnight everyone.
  #33   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-12, 21:19

Plan: hcg diet
Stats: 177/177/130 Female 5'5"
BF:globs
Progress: 0%

Well I'm pretty upset. I went out and got a pregnancy test from the .99 cent store. My bottle of 'homeopathic HCG' is NOT pregnant. Mmmm. So what should I do? Ask for my money back? Throw it away? (Cost 89 bucks for 4 oz.) Threaten to report them to the Better Business bureau?

I've already ordered HCG pellets from the source doxiemama uses so it will be interesting to see if those are negative as well.

Should I stop the diet as I am probably losing muscle? WAH and I was doing SO WELL!

4beatgaits
  #34   ^
Old Thu, Mar-22-12, 22:47

Plan: My own
Stats: 250/161.4/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 74%

As I understand it, the homeopathic HCG does not show up on a pregnancy test... only the prescription HCG does. I wouldn't worry about it. I got my homeopathic HCG over the interenet and it's working just fine... been losing a pound a day so far!
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-12, 02:44
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/129/114 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%

Congrats to everyone, the losses posted are all amazing.

Does anyone eat the lowfat cottage cheese occasionally? If so, what %? According to the Simeons protocol I read, it's allowed 1-2 times per week.
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-12, 05:50

BF:

Probably a dumb question, but that's never stopped me. . .

Has anyone read of a woman who did the hcg diet then later went into menopause and didn't gain the usual wt that comes with it? Just curious if the hypothalamus (sp?) is so reset that it just doesn't get affected by that aspect of meno. I'm not peri or menopaused yet but am wondering if I'd have to do this all over again.
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-12, 05:51

BF:

Just an add on. The hardest part of this diet for me was giving up good quality olive oil. Wow, that's tough. I practically drink that stuff.
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-12, 06:36

Plan: Atkins, hCG Diet
Stats: 168/120/120 Female 64 inches
BF:30%/25%/23%
Progress: 100%

So here are the results of my higher protein/fewer carb diets choices yesterday:

Preload: 139.4
post load: 141.4
VLCD1: 138.4 (-3)
VLCD2: 137 (-1.4) ate 2 hb eggs
VLCD3: 136 (-1) ate 2 hb eggs upped my beef portions slightly, skipped Melba and strawberries. Calories were around 617.
VLCD 4: 134.4 (-1.6) - Whoa!

So that is 7 pounds down for me in four diet days! 5 pounds from my pre-load weight. Super excited.
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-12, 06:43

BF:

Dairy has been the very hardest for me... I milk a Jersey cow every day. I use a straining ladle to scoop the heavy cream off the bucket every morning to put in the freezer, but it's soooo hard not to lick the ladle when I'm done! LOL

I'm refraining from all dairy, even the cottage cheese and the tiny bit of milk allowed until P3, because it's a good way to see if dairy is what's been stalling me all these months, even years.
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-12, 08:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 158/129/114 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 66%

colipdx,

Your doing amazing! I hope I do half as well as you.
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-12, 09:01
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

jande, that's an interesting question. I'm pretty much through with menopause (been in it about 4 years now) and it caused me a lot of weight gain, no matter how hard I tried to stop it. It's only since the first of the year I've been able to get the scale moving (downward!) again, and that was after 6 months of bio-identical hrt, which I think had a lot to do with it.
We probably don't have enough hcG users here to find one with that particular experience. Are you a member of the hCGdietinfo forum? There's 1000's of users there.

Monique, I tried fat free cottage cheese, and it was the nastiest thing I ever tasted, like milky water with styrofoam pellets in it. So I went up to the lowfat, and it's pretty good. I have used it during the protocol. I'll have it once a day for several days until the carton is gone, and then I won't purchase it for a while. I don't see any difference in my rate of loss whether i am or am not eating any.
Colipdx, great going!

I'm down a pound today, although week 5 has been a slow one. I think I'm losing, but it's being hidden by day 6 of constipation!
  #42   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-12, 09:16

Plan: HCG R2 10/17/11
Stats: 176/159.6/155 Female 5.5
BF:
Progress: 78%

Checking in and saying Whoot

I found this diet so empowering. I know that it's there for me anytime in the future that I may need it. I know that I CAN do this. I love that. I don't feel like I'm a victim of my weight anymore. Struggling my entire life...........I've come along way
And I'd like to add that this thread.......sharing this experience has been probably THE most important part of my success. Glad you are all around
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-12, 09:54

Plan: VLC
Stats: 270/201/160 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 63%

I'm starting this. I'm loading today and will start VLC day1 tomorrow. i have done this before and did great but messed up seince and gained it all back. This time I am determined! i have had some problems with my sugars going low but gonna keep some fruit on hand if I need it and maybe it will all even out after a bit. We will see how it goes. I have a wedding to go to in 2 months to meet my husbands family which I have never met and i want to lose as much as i can before then. I have some drops left that I will be using but with the new law i just read about here i'm really worried about getting more that will work.
  #44   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-12, 10:13
95% Sugar Free!

Plan: Very high fat LC/HCG
Stats: 310/155.4/159 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 102%

Welcome Momma!

4beatgaits, I found some info about the pregnancy test and hhcg, Jenny was correct, so don't quit!
(oops, i think posting that link may violate forum rules, but just google "will homeopathic hcg test positive on a pregnancy test kit?")

doxie, your "tweaks" sound just like mine.

Last edited by MizKitty : Fri, Mar-23-12 at 11:09.
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Mar-23-12, 11:39

BF:

Unlike my usual tendency to blab to everyone that I'm now on a diet, this time I've been very quiet about it (off the forum, anyway), mostly because I don't want the flak about starving myself, whether HCG is dangerous, blah blah blah... but also because I want to see how long it takes for someone to notice the weight loss.

How many people have you told about doing the HCG diet?