Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#901   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-19, 10:09

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Morning!

Quiet night....just not long enough! I didn't go to bed till 10:30 and then Gabby wanted me up at 5AM. Sigh.... No bats, so that's a good thing!

I thought about going for a run outside this morning as it was around 40 degrees, but when I went out to feed the birds, there was a chilly wind blowing. Not my thing. I got dressed and went to the gym. Did my 3 miles on the treadmill, stopped at the grocery store, came home and showered and then made myself a yummy bacon cheese omelet. I was a hungry chicken by that point!

Nic.....have fun with your cousins today. Sounds like a good time. Hope your cough clears up soon.

Trig.....Oh my.....I think maybe you should talk to your Dr. about your ongoing sinus stuff. That must be so miserable.

Blue....loved picturing you sitting with your Dogger and having a talk. I hope she's adjusting well to your new nest.

Jaz.....waiting to hear about the pottery class. Do tell!

I'll spend the rest of the day watching some football and doing some reading.

Have a great day!
Sponsored Links
  #902   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-19, 19:28

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all,

Trigger---Yeah girl, agree. Perhaps time to see what your options are regarding your sinuses/allergies. I usually hear you talking about your sinuses but maybe there is an allergy problem? Have you ever had your house checked for mold?

Lordy, we found it blooming all over the basement in my dad's place after he died...poor guy lived the last 15 years of his life with a runny nose and congestion. You couldn't see the mold, it was behind the drywall in the basement. Long, expensive story.

Ha, just what you want to hear right? NOT. Just saying, you do struggle w/this a lot, and now I'm starting to struggle with it too. Pretty sure it's my sinuses, which I never had problems with till about a year ago after I got that really bad sinus infection. Thinking I need to drag myself back to the Doc too, which I loathe doing. But hey, those sinus over the counter meds are expensive! And nothing else works to clear the crud/headache for me---not aspirin or aleeve, gotta be a decongestant.

Good job on heading right back for that zone post vacay. I gotta feeling you're going to have a good next weigh in. Remember pal, a pound or two down is GOOD. So hard to peel it off, that extra fat is like barnacles, One pound down is good, more pounds down is great, but WE CAN DO THIS ONE POUND AT A TIME.

Nic---I giggled when you said you locked your bedroom door when your kids were gone. Heh. Many of us did that when our kids were home.

Sounds like you've hoisted yourself back on the wagon, which I love hearing. I need the inspiration. I'm struggling.

Have you read anything by Meg Wolitzer? Just finished my first by her, "The Wife" currently a movie, and really enjoyed it. I really like her writing. Found out she's written several other books. LOVE it when that happens.

Lori---Don't fret too much about the lack of pounds dropped. I could be wrong but I'm betting that your body is pulling in w/the exercise you have resumed and will continue to. How do your clothes feel?

I get that you're up from even your "second choice low"---me too and maybe then some, as I refuse to do the scale yet. But from what you describe here I just don't hear carb binging. I hear a glass of wine here and there, and some treats hear and there, but not a carb lifestyle at all. Add the exercise and I'm truly curious---what's happening w/your clothing?

Jaz---You are such a forgiver in the end, and imo, that's the way to go. I really salute you not giving up on your mom, even though there's no doubt she's your hardest relationship, and then you have to deal w/the hubby of her choice.

Still, it really does bleed thru your words that your mom loves you, and I think often has no idea how to best express that. So she does the things she does well. Like her gorgeous quilting and great baking. (BTW, had a gaggle of gals from the old neighborhood over this last Friday night and used the beautiful runner your mom made on my buffet table. Got SO many compliments. Please pass this on to your mom...even if you're still a bit mad at her.

I get that, but your life will ALWAYS be more full of fun and joy than hers has been or will be, just because of who YOU are. That is a gift you got despite whatever happened with mom, and one that I so enjoy---just the sheer liveliness of your spirit and hopes and actions are a joy to read about.You are so not your mom, nor will you suffer her consequences.

When I read about you kissing her wet cheek, it really stirred some memories and likenesses w/my mom. AND, it was a kindness to her. I say, whenever in doubt, apply kindness, no matter how angry you are, give it some time and then apply kindness. It's an amazing antidote to the receiver, and works just as well for the giver.

So, so, so happy you have a new boss who recognizes your hard work and abilities. I'd say 2019 is starting pretty darn well for you. YAY!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well gals, I'm in a big old funk. Not feeling great on and off due to sinuses and or/cold is not helping.

But in my heart, I know that I've reached this anti-climactic point. We were so freaking busy for the last half of last year, and it was so difficult there wasn't time for much forward thinking. And then there was settling to do in our new home and making it ready for son's visit as we tumbled into the holidays. It was a lot and as hard as a lot of it was, it kept other worries at bay...like how will this new life describe itself? Not just being in our new nest which we LOVE, but is still a big change in many ways, and my work and how much I need to go after, and for what I don't need to go after, what will fill in that space for me?

Yep, been struggling in these days since the whole enchilada seems to have come to a quiet place. I need to get my giddy up back on, and I know it. And yet, perhaps this is part of some down time I've long needed but am not completely comfortable with. Have to figure this all out.

HATE being in a funk. It is boring. Will find my way out.

Last edited by Blue52 : Sun, Jan-06-19 at 19:50.
  #903   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-19, 20:17

BF:
Progress:

Oh and Nic---

You asked for more on the dogger's progress. She has done alright here. Although any nonsense that dogs will learn their way around by hearing and smell is just that---nonsense.

Let me give you an example. We have a large square pass thru window from our kitchen to our dining room. If we talk to her from the kitchen, she gets confused. Her hearing signals her both from the pass thru window, which will give her no access, and thru the kitchen door.

We are constantly finding new ways to deal with this, and we have learned all kinds of tricks. And, luckily, we were able to teach her how to go up and down steps before we left our old house.

But here's the thing. She is in no way the spirited dog she used to be. Over and over again, vets and folks tell us sight is the least of things that dogs can lose, and that hearing or smell would be worse. I don't know about that, as that is not what we're dealing with.

Will say, our dogger was a very visual gal. When we would take her in the car, even for very long trips, she would stay perched on either of our laps, looking out for hours. We still take her in the car a lot, and it is sad to see her sit up like she used to and then just settle into our laps realizing it ain't how it used to be.

There are other things. As her disease makes her constantly thirsty, we are up and out w/her at all hours. Hubby is a total champ about doing this in the early hours of the morning.

Yes, I have researched pee pads. It's complicated and they are expensive, but at some point we might need to consider them.

It is painful to see her bumping around, or getting caught and disoriented in a corner. But still, she is so loved by both of us, and we are trying very hard to make that love make up for her loss.

But don't ever let anyone tell you, as they try to tell me, that dogs are so adaptable and really don't need their sight. Our dog w/out her sight is a very different dog.

We of course, are committed to her and making her as happy as we can. When you take on a living thing, you do not back out when it gets inconvenient.
  #904   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-19, 04:45

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good morning Ladies- A Monday I need to roll into the office!

TRIG- I was thinking. Have you ever used a Nettie pot? As gross as the process- they have come a long way. I saw that Walgreens has this device that totally "cleans" you out. It's a machine you plug into your nose and warm salt water does it's job with no mess!Just something to thing about before you get into a bunch of doctors and drugs. I do agree with the amount of "sinus" crap you have it does sound like an allergy of some sort. Did you totally get rid of all those fragrances in your house? I know those were driving you crazy! Just a thought- also do you you use any type of nose spray? Anything but Afrin. But those can be helpful.
I know you are on the WOE like no other! - you go gal. You are going to make 2019- the year you make it to maintenance.

Blue
- your post was very touching! I was wondering if you dug out that table runner! Speaking of relationships this is the way I look at it. Boundaries with grace is the way to go. Otherwise, bitterness and anger takes hold and that is no way to live. In a way I see people who choose to hang onto grudges and anger. The only one it hurts is their spirit. I learned this early. We all have choices! I choose joy and like you said kindness. However, I have found that when I don't maintain the boundary the balance if off.
You know I was reading about kindness and choices from Berne Brown in her new book "Braving the Wilderness". I highly recommend this book for you. It will speak to where you are right now. I also have her other ones Daring Greatly and Rise Strong, although I have not started those yet. I know you would love her books- the Wilderness is sorta where I see you right now. But she goes onto explain that is where some of the strongest people get their strength- in the wilderness.
She also goes one to say I love this quote " True belonging does not require us to change WHO we are; It requires us to BE who we are".
Sometimes that means walking where others choose not to go and embrace where we are and be who we are doing it! - Recommend!!!

This sorta speaks as well to maybe your last comments in your post! I know you will get your MOJO back. But maybe for this season at this time you are to be exactly where you are. I also think though that this might be the time that you really take care of you. We all need seasons where we retreat and then get back up and pull up the big girl britches and get on with it sword flying. But even the warriors need rest.
I am glad to hear you are still hanging and playing with your gal pals! HUGE!!!!

LORI- Yes I did go to pottery class! See below! So glad you are becoming a gym rat! Nothing but good things about that! keep going as long as you can and keep on it!
I was told yesterday I HAD to start some stretching and light Yoga. I will look to you for some feedback on this. I can't do a class right now- but something off You tube you recommend or a video to buy?
I beat you to the post this morning. Got up and having my coffee before I hit the traffic. Up at 4:05- leaving here at 630. Hope you get some sunshine today!
Did you say you were driving to Charleston?

NiC- Do you have your house cleaned up and all put away? I know you have several trees you decorate! Nothing wrong with keep them up and enjoying through the dark days of winter. I am so glad we have passed the hump and are treading to longer days!
I bet you are getting back into the routine of things. Are you over your cold? Those can be annoying! Just enough to drain ya but not enough to give the excuse to hang on the couch and Netflix it for a day or two.
I hear you loud and clear on getting back on the WOE bandwagon. Do you like going through cook books? I went on the library website and checked out every book on Keto I could find. I have a stack of books to go through!
---------------------------------------------
Loved loved loved this weekend! Hate its over!
I shared I am into a great book! - See Blue's comments! I have a huge stack of books to go through! Words can truly feed the soul at times if you are in a position to hear them!

So - a couple things. I have been having some pretty significant neck pain. It is progressing to a point I can no long ignore it- I also have a pinched nerve that makes my arm fall asleep of I move my head a certain way.
Sucked it up and gave it a ton of thought and went to a highly rated Chiropractor yesterday. I had to get over my "bias". So there I was. The doctor ask me to lay flat on my stomach. So she was at my feet looking me over and said please lay flat. I told her I was.
She then tugged on my right leg a bit and I heard her go HUMMMMMMM.......... long pause.
I sat up and she told me I was one of the worst cases of "twisted" spines she has seen in a long time. To the point my right hip is so jacked that one leg is a good inch longer that the other.
SAY WHAT???????????
She also said my neck and shoulders we SO TIGHT. Her recommendation: sessions 2x week for 8 weeks, yoga, stretching, different pillow, massage for muscles, and walking walking walking.

I sat up and sat up straight and looked down at my legs- sure enough- my right leg is a GOOD inch longer than my left. I also hear "cracking" and popping when I turn my head. It's annoying.
The good news- She and I both think this is FIXABLE with the above suggestions. So I am on board.
Not only that, I bought this early enough that if I get this "worked out"- I will be in a good way going forward in my 50's and onward. It is when people just let stuff go they end up in a really bad way.
I am good with all of it. I actually had some range of motion when I walked out.

From there I went to a place that does foot massage. OMG it was amazing. I was in a huge recliner in a dim room with peaceful music and this Chinese guy was pressing on pressure points on my feet for a solid hour! I made an appt. For next week! Pure bliss.

From there I hit up my pottery class! I was told I needed to not be SO STRESSED and FEEL the clay! Ok, I really like the instructor. She is really good and slightly sarcastic, my love language! HAHAHAH
However, it is HARD! Not like the scene from Ghost! Remember that one!
I did however make 2 small bowels. They are sitting on the "drying" rack and ready for me next week. Then we will decorate it and the following week glazing. It was SO messy. That was the hardest part for me. It was like shoving my hands in mud. I was COVERED when I left in clay. Thankfully I wore leggings and a tie-dyed shirt, ponytail. That is pretty much what everyone was wearing. Making a MESS.

Ok- my morning is escaping me! Sunshine and warm today- close to 70 today! I will put away the boots and grab my heels for today. I have a cute pair of bright orange platforms I love. Gives me height without killing my feet and they are super cute. They have a little bow on the side! Not bad for a twisted spine!

Totally on plan today- Totally!!!!! I am so committed to get myself in shape. The less weight I have to drag around the more my spine will love me! I HAVE to do this. I am standing at the fork in the road. I am taking the one that will be a bit rough- but well worth it.

Have a great day all!
  #905   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-19, 05:49

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

reading along and love what I read for ya'll

just tired.
my nose is Rudolph. Hurts too from all the blowing. I am getting sneezing attacks also...crazy.
Yea I think Dr for allergy might happen, but I am one to not go either so....we shall see. I just live thru it all as usual.
Woke up better today but tired. I didn't sleep good last night.

Completed my 3rd day fast.

I have to eat today. Tuna and mayo at brunch time, a lb. of crab legs and melted butter for dinner time. I need food!!!

I actually can't wait til Friday for weigh in day LOL
yea, who would think. I know I am dropping lbs. I got that thin feeling and pants are looser etc., so interested to see how many more lbs I can drop before weigh in.

I am in the zone again. I struggled to get back here a bit after holiday and vacation, but I am here now

whew, that tired me out typing, will chat up later with ya'll...right now signing off to go maybe take a nap HAHA
  #906   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-19, 06:00

BF:

Good Morning!

DH made it home early afternoon yesterday. He, DS, and DGS had a good time at the Farm Show, but they said it was so crowded that they could hardly walk around. DGS worked a Fish Commission booth from 10-12 and then they got the heck out of there!

DH is leaving early for his part-time Rec Auth job this morning because the fire company is coming to flood their ice rink. They're hoping to be able to offer some ice skating in a couple weeks. We have some cold nights coming this week, so it should freeze fairly quickly.

Today I'm going to go to the gym for a quick light weight lifting session and then to a Chiro appt. This afternoon DH and I are going to go to Lowe's to return something and then to Texas Roadhouse for dinner. That's my day!

Such great posts last night and this morning!

Blue...your posts are always so eloquent and thought provoking. I loved your message to Jaz about her Mother. You are so right on all points.

You asked about how my clothes are fitting. Well, since I'm usually in sweat pants or workout clothes, it's kind of hard to tell. I do have a pair of jeans that I wear occasionally that fit ok, but they have a good bit of stretch in them and I can tell they are a bit tighter than they used to be. Sigh...when I need to try on shorts for Key West, the truth will be told!

Jaz....I'm glad you had a good experience with the Chiro. I have been going fairly regularly for most of my life. There are good ones and not so good ones, just like MD's. I don't like the ones who make crazy promises about what they can help with and charge fees in advance of treatment etc. I like that the woman I go to does some light massage along with the treatment and is not rough. It sounds like the recommendations you received make a lot of sense and will all be good for you.

The foot massage sounds fabulous! I love a good foot massage. It's been a long time since I've had one.

I can picture you at the pottery class, slinging "mud" all over the place! I do remember the scene from "Ghost" Yowza!

Hope you have a good day at the office today.

Tomorrow I'm going to have my first "fast" day. It won't be a true fast as I'm going to have broth and probably a bit of fat in the form of cream and/or butter. I've chosen Tues & Thurs as my fast days. I may also add a weekend day to the mix...we'll see. I have to do something and this is the next thing I'm going to try. You've done so well with it Trig...I just have to put my head down and do it!

On my eating days, I'm going to fast until at least 10AM and hopefully push it to Noon or so before I eat. I need to learn to embrace the hunger....it's not going to be easy at first, that much I know.

Hope it's a good Monday for all!
  #907   ^
Old Mon, Jan-07-19, 19:32

BF:
Progress:

Hi gals,

Jaz---I LOVE LOVE your term "boundaries with grace." Enough to protect you, enough to make you the person you want to be.

Glad you made your pottery class. I did one once too, and couldn't believe how hard it was, and how much it takes your total focus and a lot learning the feel of the clay and the balance. But that's what makes it interesting---doing it well is not like scrap booking or other "crafts." You gotta love trying to do it and getting better at it. It is in the end, a form of sculpture.

And I absolutely LOVE my many pottery pieces, but I learned I'm not the one to create them. No patience. But I am a fan of beautiful pottery, and as such I put money in the pockets of those who get really good at it. I think it's cool you're trying it. But, LOL, not sure the inherent messiness of it will work for you. Still, just like w/love and mates, you throw your penny down and try it out and find out what makes your heart sing where you're at. The heart may say, fun, but meh. Or it might say, I want to do more of this! SO great to explore, and that's what you're doing.

Trig---YES, you have to eat when you feel like you quoted. Starving ourselves is NEVER a long term weight loss program. But I don't think you've starved yourself ever here. Maybe a couple of times when your need for food has hit you suddenly, and you have answered to that by eating every time.

I am thrilled for you that your clothes are feeling looser and that you've got that thinner feeling. Don't need to tell you that however well this works for you, it will take a lot of fine tuning to make a lifestyle out of it. I really believe one CAN have fast days here and there, and then eat normally, in our case LC, in-between.

I mean sometimes we just really are not hungry, and eat out of habit or for need of entertainment. On those days when one isn't that hungry, and they do happen, I think it's good to eat the least we need. If hunger isn't beating on our back, why not? So much of when and why we eat is out of habit.

Lori---let us know about your first "true fast day as you see it." I think for any of us fast does NOT MEAN STARVE. I think of it as simply meaning we need less on some days, and so we eat a lot less.

Nic--- Hope all is good in your world.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well wouldn't you know it, the minute I mention our gorgeous weather, it gets gloomy. However, we are still VERY warm here for January w/hardly any snow left. It was a great treat to have the sun AND the high temps before today.

I am so happy to have virtually no snow or ice or cold temps so far. I know we will at some point, but every day w/out it is a gift, and winter is half over.

The Carpenters made a hit song out of "Rainy days and Mondays always get me down." I feel it. So today I did some more uglies because it is Monday. Will do more tomorrow but won't seem so bad. Mondays are just hard I think, as we feel we have no weekend excuse not to get going.

I am doing better w/the woe, but not totally in yet. Trusting that as my good pal Trig told me, the right time WILL HAPPEN. I can feel I'm getting there. Sorry if that is disappointing to those who expect the turning of a new year to make it easy.

But, its never easy. And as I've said, I'm struggling with some stuff right now. I think I need rest, and lots of it, but this is not a comfortable thing for me. I'm the one whose knee is always bumping and jiggling the table, LOL.

This quieter and less energetic gal is new to me. Gotta figure that out.
  #908   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-19, 07:23

BF:

mine is boundaries with the safety on Don't make me click off the safety

I truly think everyone has a mental illness. Point blank. We see it all the time. AND THIS IS NOT directed at anyone. Every person on this planet has 'their thing', 'their way to cope' thru life and daily struggles. Everyone has quirks, experiences not shared by others, opinions out the a-hole on every darn thing in this life. And rarely does anyone agree on finer points, the general big concept sure, how to fix it, nope! Isn't it why humans are screwing everything up literally on this planet? Yup it is We all need personal shrinks and then I think the shrinks need a shrink also HAHA We ain't got a prayer in reality if you let any of this get to us. My new motto of blow it the hell off and let it go and move forward as I want is what is working best for me now.

omg I was chatting out thoughts too much!!

anywho
feeling better
will catch up on personals later
hitting some stores for things, on the road in a bit

will come back and chat up
food was delish yesterday, eating is a darn good thing

today, not hungry....so will go as a fast day but if tonight I want dinner and I can't easily say no, then I will eat. If I can say no easily, total fast day.

oh Lori....any day without food is a fast day and a darn good one also There are no rules at all. You can water fast, juice fast, '''dirty fast''' as in broths and other liquids you might allow and it is all good!! Never think you are doing something wrong in any way. You drink anything you want on your fast that is approved, like ya can't go slopping down high sugar juices---wink wink---and you will do great. Make this fasting fit you perfectly, you personally. If you do that and don't look at what others are doing as some kind of 'perfect fast' then you got it whipped. Do your own thing to work it all into your life.

ok gotta run....head clearing up finally, weeeee….all good here
  #909   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-19, 08:34

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey there Girlie Friends!

Trig, aren't you saying the truth? I tell my kids all the time that there is no one walking this earth who doesn't have "their stuff." Stuff on the outside that we can see, sometimes, stuff on the inside that we can't, whatever. It is there and no one gets a free painless trip. That being said, it is usually part of my Man-Up speech, but still...

Also agree on the fasting. I have decided that all the rules associated with all the different ways of eating are part of what is tripping me up. They really feed into my "all or nothing" "pass or fail" mentality that can trip me up. I mean, it is really really helpful up to a point, but then after a while it can backfire. This is just me personally though.

Lori- the jeans that stretch.. those are the best, and I love them, but I think they also let me deceive myself about my size, especially once they get stretched out. I discovered over Xmas break that I am up a higher size than I thought bc my stretchy jeans were still working for me. Not so fast!

Good luck and a high five for your eating plan. I am absolutely rooting you on all the way!

Jaz- "Boundaries with Grace." Girl, I could learn from you. One of the things I am going to focus on this year is trying to learn to be more accepting of my Mom as she is and not who I think she should be or is capable of being. Just trying to let go of some of that anger and resentment. It is only hurting me and I don't want to be left with regret.

LOVE that you are doing the pottery class although I know it is really hard. I haven't done it (yet) but I follow a blogger who did it and was MISERABLE with the learning curve until all of the sudden things started falling into place for her. It was fun to watch her process!

I am glad you are finding a chiropractor helps. DEFINITELY helps with range of motion FOR SURE and quickly too. That being said, I have yet to know of a single person who goes to a Chiro and isn't told/shown (myself included) that a shoulder is high, or a hip is high, or your neck goes forward too much, or your spine has a curve, or whatever. I honestly don't think the perfect picture of a spine etc even exists. That does NOT mean there isn't a problem or a chiro doesn't help- I have one too!- but just to help you not get too worried about it.

Blue- Hugs hugs and more hugs to you and your sweet Dogger. Oh Lord, what a honey bun she is and her parents love her so!! You guys are the biggest blessings to each other.

Meg Wolitzer- I have read one book by her- The Belzhar- and I thought it was just okay. I am excited for you, though, that you found an author that you are really enjoying. Best feeling, when you click with an author and then see a whole list of books you can look forward to reading!

As for being in a quiet place, it is unsettling and a little scary, but you know enough to know that times of introspection can lead to amazing growth. You are growing the bud right now, my friend, and the bloom that comes will be breathtaking.

••••••

I think I covered most of it, but I fell a bit behind and that's my time limit for now. I've got MoW this morning so I gotta skedaddle in a bit.

I've hardly left the house in days. I went out briefly on a think Thursday and Saturday? Wednesday and Friday? I don't even know. But today I will attempt to join the real world again. I really gave myself a solid window of time to get better and hopefully that did the trick. No more chills, stuffiness has greatly abated, still some night coughing but I would say I've come around the corner. Bailed on the book club yesterday which was the right thing to do.

Ravens got decimated in the playoffs so we are out. Still, even getting there was a nice and unexpected accomplishment. Until next year!

Sophie is in for her dental cleaning and lipoma removal today. Hopefully that goes smoothly.

Oh! SoIL got a new job and gave notice at his other one. He will now be working near us instead of out near DC. So DD and SoIL will be looking to move nearby come April. I think overall this will be a good thing - I think there will be a good bit of dropping in, but fewer overnight visits, plus now we can help each other more readily (read: take care of your brother, take out my dogs etc!) lol and then of course hopefully one day a little grand baby in the mix!!

Things are going generally well.. DH is in a phase of working hard and a lot of upcoming travel, so he's pretty stressed. DS17 is a moody son of a gun who lives in his room and speaks to us on occasion. This too will pass.

On plan except for Cousins Christmas dinner on Sunday. Feeling pretty good about how all that is going. Definitely dropped some water weight, although haven't weighed in a bit. Started TOM last night so was going to weigh Wed but may give that another day or two...
  #910   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-19, 09:03

BF:

Nicco your DD and SIL are moving closer. That is so cool. A new type of activity with them in your life. I am sure you will love that Glad he is doing so well and they are in good shape heading into their life.

Yea I SO AGREE I will scream it from the rooftop now.

I am the same. If it says eat 1/2 slice grapefruit and 1/2 cup cottage cheese and then I go and eat pop 1 grape into my mouth from my kid's plate...to me I failed point blank. MY MIND is truly like that also. I wake up and say, something like, eat only 800 kcals today and I eat 810 I BLEW IT!

I have no idea why I am SO insane on something in such rigid form? Eating is life is not truly a rigid form is it? I mean OLD ways it was eat whatever was in season. Winter you needed a lot of meat point blank to survive. Summer you could easily eat all the berries and fruits. Before canning etc...you would then just follow the seaons and eat whatever the heck was in season and what meat you could hunt to handle surviving. Animals do it every damn day out there in the wild. Follow nature....but boy we are SO far from that now. Sad. But I also think since we are so far from nature, food 24/7 and all kinds of chemicals and junk, I mean HOW can a person truly go back to nature in a way? We can't so we must 'follow a regimen, a diet plan worked out for us and AGAIN it doesn't work at all in our minds, cause our minds KNOW it is wrong.

Thur the sea of crap food we all must find what we can build from any plan and take what we need and throw away the rest. We must build and customize to suit us point blank. I get that now. I won't ever say I failed again IF I just hold so true and close to what I know works for me. I mean, seriously, at some point my tiny dumbo brain has to work out this problem!!

thing is I know what works for me and I know what to do and now I am making my brain deal with the acceptance of it all.

but yea I am so there on that with ya Nicco. I so get it.

now we gotta change that problem and customize eating plans to suit us only and ones we are happy with! I am definitely working on that right now LOL
  #911   ^
Old Tue, Jan-08-19, 09:39

BF:

Good morning!

Late check-in for me. We had kind of a whirlwind morning. Last night the cat woke me at midnight and wanted out, so this morning, DH and I were blissfully sleeping away and didn't wake up until 6:45!! We leaped out of bed to get our day started.

I like to have 2 cups of coffee and a glass of water before going to Yoga, but no time. I had a little water and 1 cup of coffee and off I went. Car was totally iced in and sidewalks were slippery, so had to start the car and watch my step going out at 7:45. Back home now, showered and having my 2nd cup of coffee with the cat on my lap. I do have some errands to run in about an hour....all in due time.

I signed up for yet another activity! I'm going to Pickleball 101 tomorrow morning at 8:15. It is a session to teach you how to play Pickleball. Not sure why they call it PB...you use a small paddle and the ball is similar to a whiffle ball that you hit back and forth across the net. They play it at my gym all the time, so I thought, why not? For the next 4 Wednesday mornings, they have a beginner's session. Then I'll have to decide if I want to play on a regular basis. They provide all the equipment, so no expense to give it a try.

I so hear you guys on the rigidity of some eating plans....nope....just can't do it anymore. I refuse to write down everything I eat etc etc. My fasting plan is going to be based on the 5:2 plan, or possibly the Alternate Day diet. At least 2 days a week, I will eat VERY low cal. I'm not keeping strict count...just in my head.....to keep it under 500 calories. On the eating days, I will just do LC as usual, but eat when hungry with no thought to calories. We'll see how it goes. I'll be sure to report in!

OMG...yesterday afternoon I was sitting here in my recliner with a cup of "fat" coffee beside me on the coffee table as usual. I reached over to get my laptop and when I brought it from the table to my lap, I knocked my coffee onto the carpeted floor!! Good grief! Not just coffee, but coffee with cream, butter & collagen in it! ARGHHHH!!! That was the first time I've ever done that. Our carpet is camel colored, so that's a good thing. I soaked it up and used carpet cleaner on it, but think I might have to clean it again. What a dope!

Trig...so glad you're feeling better today. Hope the trend continues. Like you, I'm trying to have a "let it go" attitude about most things. Not worth stressing over most of the stuff that plagues us.

Nic....hope your dogger comes thru her procedure fine. Will she come home with the "cone of shame"?

Blue....we have had more gloomy days than I can count. The sun has been scarce around here for months. It does get depressing, that's for sure.

Jaz...are you back in the office today? Did you remember to take the goodies your Mom made for your staff?

Our plans got changed yesterday. DH had to work until after 5 o'clock, so our trip to Lowe's and Texas Roadhouse did not happen....maybe tomorrow. DH said about going today, but I told him I can't since I'm not eating today!

Ok.....DH wants to go along with me for errands and he's chomping at the bit! I'll check in later!

Edited to add: A VERY successful fast day! I just had my dinner broth....chicken & mushroom bone broth with 1/2 can of sliced mushrooms in it. I had thought to have 2 cups of the broth today, but just wasn't hungry. I added too much Cayenne pepper to my broth and whoa...my mouth is on fire! If I'm too hungry to sleep, I'll have my cashew milk with protein powder mixed in. Wish all fast days could be this easy!

Last edited by Lori_:) : Tue, Jan-08-19 at 16:03.
  #912   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-19, 04:40

BF:

Good Morning Ladies!
I love the fact a few of you are trying out the fasting. I agree that there is NO WRONG way to do it. The result is that you shrink your stomach and reduce calories! It really doesn't matter if you do smoothies, broth, or "soup" broth like TRIG does! It's all good!
A smaller stomach is a GREAT thing! People who get bariatric surgery have to fast for a solid month PRIOR to get their stomach smaller. So a day here and there is a very good thing.
Another thing is that fasting is associated with longevity. So YAY- on fasting!

Last day in the office- OMG I am tired. Up again at 430 this morning! Yes I did take all those goodies in and it was something to sit and watch people just gobbling up the sugar all day long.
OMG the drive in is brutal- so glad I do not have to do do this everyday- I couldn't. I know that people do and get used to it. I am not one to sit in a car 1-2 hours EACH way- that is 3-4 hours behind a wheel of your car just to go to an office and SIT for another 8 hours. NO thank you! LOVE LOVE LOVE telecommute.

I am short on time right now. They are catering breakfast and lunch in every day. I have been golden so far so good. I skip the garbage at breakfast and they are offering a salad with whatever else as well . Yesterday they had a soup and salad buffet. I just had a small salad. A few bites and tossed the rest. It was romaine and had a dressing I didn't go for it. - I passed on the soup. They were all cream/dairy based/ and totally looked the other way on the break, cookies.

Anyway- not straying. Back with personals- I have run out of time- SIGHHHHHHHHHH again
  #913   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-19, 17:33

BF:

So quiet here today.....hope all is well with everyone.

Jaz....I know you're busy traveling to work etc, glad today is the last day you have to do that this week!

Today was an eating day and I'm stuffed! I really don't think I ate that much, but after fasting yesterday, any bit of food fills me up!

I went to Pickleball class this morning and am hoping to actually go play Friday morning. They have open sessions Mon, Wed, & Fri from 9:30-11:30AM. Some of the people think they are pros and don't want beginners like me to play with them, but hopefully I'll find someone willing to let me learn!

We did our running around this afternoon and had an early dinner at Texas Roadhouse. I had a chicken breast(grilled), with pepper jack cheese and portabella mushrooms on it...yum. I ate half of that and an order of green beans and part of a salad.

Yoga in the morning and another fast day!
  #914   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-19, 17:42

Plan: 20 net carbs
Stats: 250/210/175 Female 5 feet 8 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hi!
Miss You guys! I come here once in a while to read what’s happening. It still is not the right time for me to be a part of this, but I sure love what is going on here.

I have been out of town a lot and subsequently gained some weight. I am very happy that as of yesterday I am back to where I started. I was in Hawaii for a few weeks and then in Texas for 11 days. We have something kinda big happening with our family, and I’ll share it when I can. I may be off to Australia next month.

I Love hearing your stories about fasting and what is working for you. I still am basically just eating 25 or less net carbs. I have had a lot of success with that recently.

The only thing that I have found that I wanted to share with you is a gadget I bought that I saw on FB. Those gadgets are really luring me in! Anyway, the gadget is a thing for microwaving eggs. It’s two round containers that fold together. I put a little butter in one side and then two eggs. I break the yokes just a little bit. Then I cook it in the microwave for one minute. When it’s done I add some cheese on top and some little pieces of bacon. So easy and fast and yummy.

K-Mom
  #915   ^
Old Wed, Jan-09-19, 18:01

BF:

Hey all!
OMG- Kmom- Loved seeing you here. I wish you would come back. But I understand - everybody has a season right!

GALS- I am dog tired- I will write a full post tomorrow! It has been crazy busy work! - Tomorrow home- Friday home-
I LOVE being home to work!

I have some thing I need to catch up on. My house is a mess - believe it or not same dishes sitting in sink from 3 days ago!!!!!! UNHEARD of for me- just not ok!

Fell asleep 745 last night- and just as tired tonight. I fell off wagon one meal today- had been so dam good.
Back at it tomorrow where I have more control over my environment and time

Back with personals! I have some stuff to comment!

All ok- not great- but not a off on a bender either. One meal is not a killer. Just not expected or wanted. Sighhhhhhhhh back at it tomorrow.
Not going to be a fast patsy I Charleston- 9 weeks out
Closed Thread