Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Advanced/High Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-09-04, 19:38
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 305/250/210 Male 75 inches
BF:leaner
Progress: 58%
Default ProHormones

I was wondering if any of you have any experience with the various Dion and Diols out there until January (at which point they wil be banned). I am interested in trying them on a cutting cycle as an anti-catabolic.

I know this may go in the supplement section, but most of the people here would tend to know about prohormones.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Dec-11-04, 18:06
Registered Member

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 250/220/220 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:
Progress:

There are dozens of various pro-hormones and legal prosteroids out there available until the ban.

Each has a different hormonal milieu and cause various and differing effects, and side effects.

You'll need to do some basic reading to narrow down the field and determine whether for you the risks are worth the reward.

If you are simply looking for something "anti-catabolic" as opposed to something anabolic (like the various PHs and PSs), you should like at things such as BCAAs, EAAs, and 7-OH.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Dec-13-04, 12:52
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 305/250/210 Male 75 inches
BF:leaner
Progress: 58%
Default Thanks for the reply!

I cannot find any consensus on the net wheter or not there are any side effects (i.e., some say they experienced testicle shrinkage and puffiness in the nipple area and some say that is bogus) Have you or anyone you have known used prohormones? If so, what was the experience

Thanks!
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-05, 20:10
Registered Member

Plan: Carb Cycling
Stats: 250/220/220 Male 5 feet 10 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchems
I cannot find any consensus on the net wheter or not there are any side effects (i.e., some say they experienced testicle shrinkage and puffiness in the nipple area and some say that is bogus) Have you or anyone you have known used prohormones? If so, what was the experience

Thanks!

Yes, in the circles and the boards I typically frequent, hundreds of folks I know have used "prohormones" with various degrees of success; and at times side effects.

A "prohormone" literally is a precursor to a hormone. It is converted in the body by an enzyme into an active steroid.

There are also many legal "steroids" that are already active, that are being sold now. All of these and all of the precursors will be illegal starting Jan. 21 when the amendment to the anabolic control act comes into effect.

Your questions on effects/side effects cannot be easily answered because (1) there are many compounds that are referred to as "prohormones" with varying degrees of efficacy (and side effects), and (2) ones response is highly individualistic.

In general, however, these are exogenous (outside the body) hormones. As a result, your body, after time, will shut down its own endogenous test production -- this causing "shrinkage". Almost any anabolic hormone will cause this.

Puffy nipples or gyno is possible by some, but not all compounds. Gyno occurs when there is too much estorgen. This can occur when the hormone you are taking at supraphysiological levels aromatizes into estrogen. Not all compounds will do this. It can also occur when test levels are very low (and the body then increases its own estrogenn and test at the same time). To combat this, and the shrinkage issue many take grey market items like tamixophen (nolva) or clomid, or the over the counter anti-estrogen 6-Oxo by ErgoPharm.

Probably the most widely used prohormone is 1-AD by ErgoPharm. That stands for the PH 1-androstendiol; which converts to 1-testosterone in the body. It is a popular product. I have used many, but not that one.