Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Australia / New Zealand
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-01, 20:30

Plan: Carbohydrate Addicts Diet
Stats: 120/120/105
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default How Did You Find Out About Low-Carbing?

I'm the only person I know on a low-carbohydrate diet, and the concept is foreign to my family and friends. Low-carb dieting is so unheard of in Western Australia, is it the same in the eastern states? How did other Aussies find out about low-carbing?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Nov-05-01, 18:19
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 174/161/141
BF:
Progress: 39%

Hi there.

I found out about low carbing initially from a sales rep that used to call on me. He has been doing Atkins for nearly 3 years and when he first told me what he ate I thought he was nuts! He had been doing it for almost 2 years by then, so I didn't see the before & after. Then my neighbour across the road started it and lost a heap of weight, so I thought I would look into it.Both followed Atkins. Lots of people I know have seen the success I have had and are now trying it. I have been going since April 2001.

Cheers,

Joanne
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-01, 05:01
Registered Member

Stats: 209/177/132
BF:
Progress: 42%

I sort of came across it by accident.

A friend of mine owns a low carb diet business here in Australia. It is called Ultralite. He just happened to mention to me about the amount of carbs we eat and then someone changed the subject. Next time I was down town I had a look in the book store for anything about low carb and came across Atkins.

I am actually going to start ultralite in a couple of days after being stalled on Atkins for 6 weeks. It is the same concepts only I think it is really more structured for Australia and the food we have available here. Natropaths are only allowed to buy the franchises as far as I am aware. But if you are interested they have a web site that you could look at. I will let you all know how I go on it.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Nov-19-01, 06:43

BF:

Congratulations on your success so far guys, I'm sure you're as happy to have stumbled upon this WOE as I am. td2227 could you tell me a bit more about Ultralite?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Nov-20-01, 05:12
Registered Member

Stats: 209/177/132
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default sure can!!!

I am just learning about it myself. But basically it is low carb and low protien. (Which I dont get). I have a million questions to ask these people. I am reallyyy hungry all the time so far and they are saying that because I am not into a dark ketosis, I will feel hungry. I am waiting on a phone call back - I have not cheated at all and find it really hard to get into a deep level of ketosis.

I will let you know more when I have the answers and I have it all figured out. I must be doing something wrong.

You also drink 4 satchets of stuff a day, they have heaps of different flavours - choc, strawberry, banana (these taste like banana paddle pops, yum), vanilla, coffee, soup flavours are chicken, beef, curried veges and a nil flavour for receipes.

The diet seems to work really well and easily. I like having an exact plan with certain amounts of food to eat. But I must be doing something wrong, not to be in ketosis.

I will let you know how I go.

Tracie
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Nov-22-01, 04:11

BF:

It does sound a bit strange, being low carb and low protein - how does that work?! What do you eat?! Congrats for keeping determined despite the hunger though.