Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-18, 15:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 216/200.5/185 Male 70 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%
Default Best Board Ever!

I have been lurking for a couple of weeks and, before I get into the intro, I'd like to say how pleasant and knowledgeable ALL the folks on here are. Even when someone perceives they've come close to the edge of conflict, all parties are apologetic.

What a breath of fresh air.

I'm a 64 year old man. Due to a death in the family I spent the last two years away from my normal M.O. and gained 30 pounds. I have always been active and athletic and take no meds. I have no unhealthy vises, unless you include a good cup of coffee in that category. I competed in body building into my 50th year.

I got back on my training regimen of clean eating. I decided I would hit the gym again after I lost a few pounds.

UH OH. Things appear to be different. I have one word for that! YOUR-BODY-DOES-NOT-RESPOND-THE-SAME!

So, after looming in the shadows here for a while, I decided to begin induction about three weeks ago

I have almost NO carbs, <15 grams per day.

I started the gym at the same time. I lift heavy - to failure - so I change my body comp pretty quickly. That means I am adding muscle at the same time I am trying to lose weight so the scale hasn't changed. Dimensions have.

I think I have an insulin belly now and am wearing 36" waist instead of 32".

I have scary willpower once the decision is made and have not had a single cheat.

I don't want to force food down but I don't seem to eat much. I eat protein and fat as in rib eye and fatty ground beef. Chicken wings and chicken breast with skin are used to modulate the fat.

I can NOT eat more than two meals, (probably 1500-1800 kCal total) yet I don't suffer from fatigue or soreness.

I will keep on doing this until I get where I'm going. I don't yet feel the need to tweak. FWIW - I am in some form of ketosis 24/7.

Any, and all, suggestions are warmly welcomed.

I'm not sure if this is background enough - or too much, but I want to close by saying that this is the most polite, most intelligent board, word-for-word, that I've been on.

So - here's a howdy y'all from Florida and thanks for the ad.
Sponsored Links