Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sat, Jun-08-13, 15:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 329/323/170 Female 5"7
BF:
Progress: 4%
Default Over 300lbs Disney World

Im curious if anyone near my size have gone to DW this year? If so what rides will I be able to fit? What rides should I avoid in 2013? I asked this question in 2011 but I know things change. Any help that you could give me about your experience this year or last year will be helpful.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jun-08-13, 16:34

Stats: 315/315/240 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Yes! Exactly my situation! We went in September and I was 315. The GOOD news - you should fit on virtually every Disney ride. They are all built pretty generously. I can give you specific feedback on specific attractions, if you like! (talking about Disney is my absolute favourite thing in the world, LOL). The bad news is that if you are planning to go to Universal or SeaWorld there are a lot more things that won't work out :-( Also, I completely wrecked my feet - I was so blistered and in pain that it did really spoil my trip to an extent - which is why I finally got it together to start dieting (although it took me until February). But as I say - ask ANYTHING because I've been to Disney enough to know lots, and have that 300 pound perspective. ps - assuming you are female and similar height to me - Im 5'5 or so, but if you are male or much taller you will have quite a different shape from me ;-)
  #3   ^
Old Sat, Jun-08-13, 17:07

BF:

Thanks 2thinchix!! Yes I am a female. I am 5'7. My heaviest area is my waistline. I plan on going to the 4 major Disney parks ( MK, epcot, AK and Hollywood Studios) I plan to have motrin and lorcet in my system for pain. It really helped me last time. What did you ride at each park?
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jun-08-13, 17:29

BF:

I think we rode absolutely everything that was open...let's see if I remember:
MK - Splash, Big Thunder, Space (I always find that one to be a bit of a snug fit, but doable), Haunted Mansion, Pirates...did some of the "kids" rides...and you know, the only one I had any trouble with was Small World - since we were in the front of the boat there was no legroom, and since you sit low with your knees up, my knees really bothered me. I had to keep shifting and couldn't wait for it to be over. They had not opened the new Fanatasyland at that time, so I didn't get to try those out.
Hollywood Studios we did Tower of Terror (repeatedly - it's my favourite), Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Toy Story, Great Movie Ride... all with no problems.
Epcot we did Spaceship Earth and Soarin', and Mission Space (I "fit" but ended up REALLY claustrophobic!) - Test Track was closed.
Animal Kingdom - did Kilimanjaro, Everest, Dinosaur. Didn't do any of the "midway" type rides in the dino section, so I can't really speak to those.
The only size related concern I had was that my husband and I really couldn't ride much comfortably together- way to squished, and on a couple of rides where the restraint is a lap bar (rather than individual restraints) I felt that my bulk was leaving my daughter to fly around in the big space between her and the lap bar. Fortunately she is 12, and the rides where that is the case aren't too bad - things like Big Thunder. My current dream is to lose the weight and go back to Orlando (or Anaheim, for that matter) and finally experience all the great attractions at Universal that I always miss out on. Worst part is that I'm too embarrassed to try the test restraints, so I just skip anything I'm not dead sure of. And missing out on Forbidden Journey really hurts. I carry my weight (well, everywhere - lets face it, I was over 300 pounds) but particularly in my hips and butt. From everything I read, I don't think THAT one would have worked out at all.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Jun-08-13, 18:01

BF:

2thinchix, I really appreciate you for taking the time to calm my fears!! I'm even more excited now. .
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-13, 06:21

Plan: Lower Carb
Stats: 288.5/265.5/175 Female 5'4
BF:Oh Yeah
Progress: 20%

I am going to sea world later this week. Do they rent scooters ?
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-13, 12:28

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissywi
I am going to sea world later this week. Do they rent scooters ?

They sure do! And I probably should have rented one, but was too embarassed. My feet were so blistered I missed some of the attractions I wanted to see because I didn't want to walk that far...and I made the mistake of doing turtle trek without realizing it required standing throughout. Blech.