Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-01, 13:44

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 246/222/140
BF:
Progress:
Talking Hello from a new member

Hi there I have recently started and lo carb change in my life and have done extremely well..... untill now!! so I am here to be a part of your community to hear everyone and learn as much as I can!!!

I started my change at 246lbs. and I am currently 230 lbs. I lost that in one week and then lost nothing the second week, but although my weight never changed this week I have lost in size???? so confusing???

Anyone wanna share some tips on what they did???

Thanks in advance,
Meg
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-01, 14:22

Plan: My Own Plan
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 6 ft 2 in
BF:
Progress: 52%
Default welcome Meg!

Hi Meg!
Hmmm, in one week, that is a GREAT loss! I like to rely on the tape measure rather than the scales. Most scales weigh me different but the tape measure is accurate.... just my personal opinion.
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-01, 14:49
Forum Founder

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: -/-/- Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi Meg,

Welcome to the board!

One of the things this WOE teaches you is patience.

People are thrilled by a great initial weight loss (much of the initial pound-drop is water) and then get discouraged. A good thing to keep in mind is that you probably didn't gain 14 pounds in one week, so why should you keep on losing 14 pounds in a week?

Some people do really well, and others take a longer time. This WOE is not a one-size-fits-all kind of thing and you will find that you have to tweak it as you go along. Don't compare yourself to others because you are truly unique. Your body needs time to adjust to the changes it is going through. Yes! You can decrease in size without losing weight, strange but true. I think it's probably happened to all long-term LC'ers. I know. It's weird!

What plan are you following? If you'd like, you can post what you've been eating and we can have a boo at it.

So, hang in there and keep us up to date.

Karen
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jun-24-01, 15:05

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 246/222/140
BF:
Progress:
Smile Plan

I haven`t really been following a plan, I just listened to what other people had to say and followed that. I`ll be getting an Atkins book but I don`t want to wreck what I`m doing while I`m waiting for it. I`ve only been eating meats, eggs and cheese and had a salad once. I`m not sure what I can eat and what I can`t, till I get my book.
Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Meg