Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-01, 00:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 231/175/145 Female 5'5'
BF:
Progress: 65%
Angry Water consumption

Hello knowledgeable ladies....

Since childhood I have been very "naughty" about drinking water. Now as an adult I realize the importance of it. Today, as I go throug the Atkins plan I would like to drink more of it.

I CAN'T ...I simply don't like it.

I have tried sparkling H2O...and it's somehow better. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-01, 13:46
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

I, too, am, err was, a water disliker as yourself. One thing I've notice, and I'm on my 6th week of the Atkins diet, is that you eventually get a taste for it. Or at least a tollerance as in my case.
Here are somethings I found out on my water liking journey:
1. Water tastes better after you brush your teeth (Go Figure)
2. Try a lemon or lime squeeze.
3. Try a couple drops of flavoring such as orange, raspberry, vanilla... yes vanilla.
4. Try drinking water and diet soda together, I started 50/50 and shifted the proportions so there is more water than soda. I now (Thanks to a fellow LCer) drink a liter of water then treat myself to a half a can of diet soda.
5. Plan snack times so that you can eat some jerky, pig skins, cheese... whatever, then you are thirsty just make sure you drink 16oz instead of sipping...

Well hope this helps.. Take care..
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-01, 15:02

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 230/219/155
BF:
Progress:
Default Making It Tasty

I find that Ozarka or a similar bottled water placed in the freezer for approx. 30 minutes makes it taste refreshing...I cannot afford bottled water all of the time so I save the bottles and purchase the gallon size and re-fill them. Keep drinking that water!! You will be amazed at the difference it will make in your health and weight loss...

You will get used to it and one day LOVE IT!!!

Texas
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-02-01, 19:09

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 145/145/135
BF:
Progress:
Smile Water

I used to dislike drinking water too. I can't say I *like* it now, but I've found a trick to make it more palatable. I use a straw! I fill a 16-ounce cup of water up when I get to work, and drink it, fast, using a straw. I find I can drink 4-5 cups at work this way, leaving only 1 or 2 more to get down at home.

Good luck!
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Oct-03-01, 09:13

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/139/130 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 78%

I agree on the bottled water reall cold thing - I absolutely can't drink it any other way.
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Oct-03-01, 19:05

Plan: LC
Stats: 193/159.9/125 Female 158
BF:
Progress: 49%

Hi Dichela,

I try to drink as much fluid as I can, you can have some of the herbal tisanes...

What I usually do is, I take a glass of water with whatever I have to drink. I like to have a low sodium, caffeine free diet coke with my meals, club soda is good too...