Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 10:41
Registered Member

Plan: basically still on induction
Stats: 152/155/140
BF:
Progress: -25%
Default flax meal

Hey Cinderella, thanks for the reply. I am waiting for a new coffee grinder to arrive in the mail, as my old one was STUCK and un STICKABLE>>>>>>
I am anxious for the new one to arrive for I miss cerial very much. My mom always fixed oatmeal every morning when I was a child and I always added sugar and butter and cream if we had it, if not then whole milk....our cow did not know how to do the low fat stuff! (Thank you Lord) Anyway I am sure that the cerial thing started there and probably a lot of my sugar problems. If you have any suggestions re how to keep the coffee grinder from getting gummed up from that good oil in the flax seeds, let me know. I tried bread and brushing the mechonism with alcahol and a few other things.....I don't want to ruin my new grinder.
Feel free to write me any time....I don't have anyone here to share my lc way of life with.
Linda
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Tue, May-07-02, 10:59
Contributing Member

Plan: lowcarb .
Stats: 160/141/127 Female 5'6"
BF:it"s for SALE!
Progress: 58%

To keep my grinder from clogging....

I only do a tablespoon or less at a time. I start grinding, then stop and tap the machine to move the grinds back to the middle..and repeat about three times. I empty it, then start over.

The gumminess comes from your seeds getting hot from the blades. I only keep my blades on for a second at a time.

Let me know how this works for you!

Cin

Forgot to mention. I NEVER get my coffee grinder blades wet. I take a dry cloth once a week and brush out the inside part where the flax goes.
  #93   ^
Old Wed, May-08-02, 08:11
Registered Member

Plan: basically still on induction
Stats: 152/155/140
BF:
Progress: -25%
Default coffee grinder

Hi Cinderella, My husband bought me a new c/grinder and I tried it this morning. the way it is constructed it should never gum up. My pervious one was a really inexpensive one...this one is a Kitchenaide. Works like a dream. Instructions say the part with the blade is dishwasher proof! Thanks for the tips. How I have missed cerial!!! Today is a happy day.
I am going to go and read your posts and get to know you better. Already know you are thoughtful.
I am going to start a journal soon. Just am not real sharp on this computer stuff. OOOps the sun just came out and I had to come in from the yard because of rain a while ago....will play here a while longer to let the rain sink in before I go back out to weed....I love rain, it sure makes those weeds give up easier!
Linda
  #94   ^
Old Fri, Jun-28-02, 19:45

Plan: mix of Schwarzbein & PP;
Stats: 250/213/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Don't know!
Progress: 31%
Default Flax O Meal?

Has anyone tried this product? I am considering purchasing some: I have heard about it only through the ads that support this forum. If anyone has a review, or can point me to one, I would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks,

Natalie
  #95   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-02, 17:00
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

There's about a zillion posts and threads about this product, please do take a crack at the Search button (upper right of your screen) and have a look. Just too many to "point" to when you can search for yourself so much faster.

You will be amazed and it's good practice, because there's at least 1.5 years' worth of information and discussion, right here on this site! There's also the two reviews conversational threads right at the top of this Products forum, "stuck" so they're always at the top, for quick searching. One is for Keto and other products, and one is for review website addresses.

For starters, if you don't want to use the Search button or it gives back too many things to tackle, just use the pagedown button from the main Products Forum page, and eyeball scan the subject lines, and when you get to the bottom of the web page, click on the page 2 indicator and then just scan those subject lines, looking for the FlaxOmeal reference.
  #96   ^
Old Sat, Jun-29-02, 20:38

Plan: mix of Schwarzbein & PP;
Stats: 250/213/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Don't know!
Progress: 31%

Thank you, Island Girl, for your help. I will follow your search advice.

I am sorry that I started a new thread that was redundant!

Natalie
  #97   ^
Old Sun, Jun-30-02, 12:16
Registered Member

No problemo!

I bet there's lots of folks who could use a reminder on search methods as well as about FlaxOmeal!

Enjoy your reading
  #98   ^
Old Sun, Jun-30-02, 13:08

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 398/391/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Thumbs up But just to answer your question!

I LLLOOVVEEE the flax o meal hot cereal!!! It's a staple for me. I usually add a little splenda, a sprinkle of cinnamon and a pat of butter and it is DEE LISH! I keep a package at work for an emergency lunch or snack since all you have to do is add boiling water.

The consistency is like a cross b/t oatmeal and cream of wheat.

Peace,
Star
  #99   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 18:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 165/-/130 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 57%
Default Flax O Meal in Calgary, Canada?

Can anyone out there tell me if Flax o Meal is available in any store in Calgary Canada? I'm visiting the city and would love to buy some over the counter if possible?
  #100   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 01:32
Registered Member

As far as I know (I'm the products forum moderator by the way), FlaxOmeal isn't available anywhere in Canada -- yet.
  #101   ^
Old Mon, Jul-29-02, 12:42
Registered Member

Plan: Mainly the Metabolic Diet
Stats: 330/219/170
BF:
Progress: 69%

You can make your own. For a large amount you can use a gallon sized ziplock bag.
2 cups flaxseed meal
2 cups wheat bran
6 scoops vanilla protein powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
chopped nuts, if desired

Shake well in ziplock bag to mix, then scoop out desired amount into bowl, add boiling water and stir. You can add extra vanilla or any other flavorings you want at this point. Eat with cream, splenda and butter. Keep remaining cereal in the freezer....it should keep for a year or so.

All the Best,
Julee
  #102   ^
Old Fri, Aug-30-02, 13:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 215/180/160
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default Flax-O-Meal hot cereal

If you have been missing hot cereal for breakfast, try this.

It is great!!!

The texture is somewhere between cream of wheat and oatmeal. I add some butter and a spoon of splenda for sweetness and dig in.

Only 1 or 2 carbs per serving (depending on flavor). Lots of fiber too!

A great change from the eggs in the morning.