Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 11:30

Plan: atkins
Stats: 205/190/125
BF:
Progress: 19%
Unhappy i can't have just a bite!!!!

HI,

I fell into that trap, "OH, Well l bite wont hurt!!!" How do I stop that way of thinking?

I know what the sugar does to me, yet I thought I could handle just the one easter candy bunny. Of course , that led to some more and now, its like I see it, I gotta have it.

How do we cook and eat with our family's eating their way, but know that we cant'?

I was doing so well at fixing lowcarb meals,planning. And then fell off plan and cant seem to get back into the plain simple food. The grandkids want McDonalds's, I go and eat their food, not sensibel salad and meat.

Sorry for such a long post, but I thought I had it all together and now it seems to have fallen apart. Any ideas on how to keep it together again and fix the family favorite and not feel the poor me's because I cant eat their way

thanks,
Martha
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 11:41

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Bummer.

Only one way.....as Dr Atkin's puts it....Just this once is a kiss of death.

Start telling yourself, just that one bite WILL HURT. It *IS* the kiss of death to your diet.

In the meantime, pay up......

50 situps
50 pushups
for every time you cheat

At least you can help burn off those carbs you indulged in and get fit at the same time!

#3   ^
Old Tue, Apr-23-02, 18:07

Plan: Protein Power/BFL
Stats: 208/195/160
BF:
Progress: 27%

I know exactly how you feel. You think one bite will not hurt me - that one bite will get my "craving" to go away. But that is the farthest thing from the truth. I struggle with this on a daily basis but I think it is an issue of mind over matter. Even though low carbing controls blood sugar, we still have emotions that control our eating habits. I have noticed that when I am stressed, I eat larger amounts of food and get more cravings.

Just be strong and tell yourself that you don't need to have just one bite of something high in carbs. I know it's hard, but it can be done!!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-02, 12:55

Stats: 222/210/130
BF:dont know
Progress: 13%
Default me too

tommorow is another day, so forget what you did today and just get on with the tommorows.
i too am an alll or nothing kind of gal, so i try to avoid having that one fatal bite, and it doesnt always work believe me

so chin up and forgive yourself
izzy
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Apr-26-02, 23:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 194/176/135
BF:
Progress: 31%

Martham, I know what you're going through. I've been lax lately and find it gets easier to stray from the LC WOE. Don't forget to create tasty LC meals for yourself - I find that makes me feel less deprived. Karin has come up with some great tasty recipes.

- Jeanine
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-27-02, 10:12

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 161/161/126 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default I know what you mean!!

At school, it's like temptation everywhere! All they serve up there are fries and pizza, dougnuts and cookies. The healthy side I still can't eat because they cook alot of pasta and potatoes and what not. It's horrible. Everywhere I look around, I just want to scream!! Have been VERY bad the past 2 days, had a BBQ on Thursday and HAD to have a burger WITH a bun! and then yesterday I had a little bite of this rich chocolate cheesecake.. I thought one bite, that's it, then another and another and another, until I notice that half the cheesecake is gone!! I feel soooo bad afterwards, but I'm going to be a good girl now, because I really need to look good for when I go see my cousin again in Mexico this Summer!!

Just hang in there, we are only human, we all make mistakes.
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 13:24
Registered Member

Plan: atkins, carb addicts
Stats: 190/176/148
BF:
Progress: 33%

Im glad I found a place to confess. I have gone off and on three or four times since February. I started at 190 lbs and I am down to 176 so even though I have probably slowed my loss way down I still am losing though. It seems like when I do go off of it for a few days and then start it remotivates me. I am going to try to make it into the 160's before any other breaks and I would like to not have to go back to induction because I never have allowed myself to go above induction and there is so much more to eat off of induction. I want to get to where I can make the pizza and try the muffin mixes and chocolate desserts. Maybe if we can set short term goals like when I get off induction then I will fix....... instead of binging and starting at day one over and over again. i think I will buy the atkins muffin mix and have it ready and next saturday when I am off induction I will treat myself to a muffin. Thanks for the honesty
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-28-02, 21:03

Stats: 205/190/125
BF:
Progress: 19%

gUYS,

THANKS SO MUCH. IT'S BEEN BETTER SINCE 'THAT' DAY. i HAVE TO LEARN THAT I CANT' HAVE THAT ONE BITE OF CANDY OR SUGAR. THE STARCH'S I CAN STOP AND NOT OVERDO, BUT THE SWEETS , SIGH, I BITE AND I AM ON MY ROLLER COASTER.

THANKS SO MUCH FOR LISTENING. IT HELPS TO KNOW THERE IS OTHERS WHO HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM.

MARTHA