Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 18:56
Registered Member

Plan: low carb/low fat
Stats: 255/236/155 Female 5 ft. 9 in.
BF:32%/?/20%
Progress: 19%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoKarbLisa
As if it weren't hard enough to believe already, now that there's so much money involved, you'll find thousands of Kimmer's devotees online - all of them with affiliate links in their blog so YOU too can lose a hundred pounds by the weekend, as they did.

When is Inside Edition or Geraldo Riviera or SOMEBODY gonna get on this story??? This is a prize winning investigative newstory just waiting to happen!

That LCF link that Regina posted where she states she was at goal - good stuff!! Don't be surprised if it conveniently disappears now.

Speaking of LCFs, Kimmer finally got her wish. They've changed the board format so there is now a separate Kimkins forum. There is some serious idol worship going on.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 19:10
Registered Member

Default Kimkins on eBay

This is just one of several ads on eBay for Kimkins, obviously posted by a paid "affiliate."

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lose-Weight-Fas...1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited by fluffybear : Mon, Jun-18-07 at 19:18.
  #93   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 19:50

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 265/182/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 72%

She should have never introduced the affiliate option. That just makes people hungry for money and they'll say ANYTHING to make that money. Lie, cheat and steal. Jimmy Moore has turned into a complete joke, his blog is plastered with Kk ads and links and its pretty scary. Like, what really happened to him??? How can you trust the words of someone who sees you as a commission check?
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 20:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/176/176 Male 5' 8"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Too many people have made millions or billions using the internrt one way or another, Kimmer does not make too much. She charges $60 to help obese people who can't do it without supervision. This is not too much if you compare it with a month supply of the new diet pill "Alli" which costs exactly the same.

Her diet is no more than an extreme form of Atkins. Actually some Atkins dieters here are doing exactly the same as she recommends except that they know nothing about her or her diet.

She does not sell a diet which she has invented, she is only selling her help. You can practice her diet without paying her any money, I'm sure she is not going to take you to court if you do so.

She is not a doctor which is good for us. At least she respects Dr. Atkins. If she has been a doctor she could have probably said a million thing to feel us sick of Atkins diet.
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 20:08
Registered Member

c
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoKarbLisa
She should have never introduced the affiliate option. That just makes people hungry for money and they'll say ANYTHING to make that money. Lie, cheat and steal. Jimmy Moore has turned into a complete joke, his blog is plastered with Kk ads and links and its pretty scary. Like, what really happened to him??? How can you trust the words of someone who sees you as a commission check?

Here are the details of her affiliate program:

The two-tier affiliate program pays 30%-40% on the first tier plus 15% on second tier sales. Banners, text ads and persuasive before/after success stories to help you sell. Base commission:30% Two Tier:Yes Commission Type:Pay Per Sale Payment method:Check Payment frequency:MonthlyMinimum payment: $30

http://www.associateprograms.com/di...iet-l11913.html

This sounds like a pyramid (multi-level marketing) program to me. It says there are different affiliate levels or "tiers." From the way this has skyrocketed all over the internet and beyond it is possible that the affiliate advertising (as on blogs and websites) and selling (as on eBay) program could cause people to use unscrupulous tactics to get people to join Kimkins.

Last edited by fluffybear : Mon, Jun-18-07 at 20:30.
  #96   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 20:16
Bouncy!

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 297/173.3/150 Female 5'7" (top weight 340)
BF:41%/31%/??%
Progress: 84%

Okay, I'm not a Kimmer fan, but I was over at LCF back in 2003-2004 and I remember her from then. I personally found her to bit full of herself and even then she was all about eating as little as possible to lose weight.

But, in her quest to prove people weren't losing because they were just eating too many calories, she used to do a lot of analyzing menus posted by people having trouble, complaining about not losing, etc. I remember her saying, more than once, that she plugged their info into her Fitday and came up with values of xyz... It's not out of the realm of reasonability that she was posting these people's stated weights in as well in order to have Fitday's estimation of their caloric expenditure for her information as well. It would certainly explain the jumping weights and data entry on days that predated Fitday's existence.

FWIW, I also remember that she said that she took pictures off her profile way back then (2003/4ish) because she was accused of not being the same person in the before photos she posted. She said she had very few pictures because she hates having her picture taken. I can understand that, lots of women feel the same way. It's kind of amusing that it's coming up again.
  #97   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 20:19

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 168/128/115 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel
Actually some Atkins dieters here are doing exactly the same as she recommends except that they know nothing about her or her diet.
Then they're not doing Atkins. Atkins is not low-fat. Period.
  #98   ^
Old Mon, Jun-18-07, 20:42
Registered Member

Stats: 200/176/176 Male 5' 8"
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimesTwo
Then they're not doing Atkins. Atkins is not low-fat. Period.

What Jimmy Moore is eating is not a low fat food. If I tell my doctor that I'm eating Salmon, skinned chicken and roast beef and nothing else all day long, do you know what he would say? He would tell me that I'm killing myself because I eat more fat than I should. In general low carb food cannot be too low in fat. It can only be moderate in fat to us and high in fat to every body beyond our door.
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 00:48

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 168/128/115 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel
What Jimmy Moore is eating is not a low fat food. If I tell my doctor that I'm eating Salmon, skinned chicken and roast beef and nothing else all day long, do you know what he would say? He would tell me that I'm killing myself because I eat more fat than I should. In general low carb food cannot be too low in fat. It can only be moderate in fat to us and high in fat to every body beyond our door.
I would agree if people ate the way the food pyramid wants them to, but they don't. They eat fast food and frozen foods.
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 09:38
Contrarian

Plan: Atkins/Controlled Carb
Stats: 275/190/190 Female 72
BF:Not a clue!

Quote:
I would agree if people ate the way the food pyramid wants them to, but they don't.

Een if they did, they'd still be consuming a nutritionally bankrupt diet....I've run the data and presented it at the NMS conference - data based on the governments own published seven-day 2000-calorie menus and NHANES data.
  #101   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 10:28

Plan: ---
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneebrace
Well, it sounds a lot like Intermittent Fasting to me (she should really drop the lettuce on the fast days though ). And far from being an eating disorder, in combination with low carb, it's probably both the best way to burn bodyfat (rather than just dietary fat) and the healthiest way to nourish the human body.

Mike Eades original blog post on IF is a good place to start for a thorough understanding of this dietary approach. There are also a couple of threads on this forum concerning Intermittent Fasting. I've personally been doing IF for seven months, after five years of just VLC, and IMHO, it's an astonishuing way to supercharge the health, vitality, and body comp benefits of low carb.

If Deane, or whatever her name really is, is actually eating this way, then it's hardly surprising that she has lost bodyfat, optimized her health, and preserved muscle so effortlessly.

Stuart.

Kneebrace - Kimmer doesn't practice or advocate IF. She practices and promotes long-term water fasting and a very low-cal/low-fat/low-carb diet.
  #102   ^
Old Tue, Jun-19-07, 18:08
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/ IF
Stats: 162/128/130 Male 175
BF:
Progress: 106%

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSL
Kneebrace - Kimmer doesn't practice or advocate IF. She practices and promotes long-term water fasting and a very low-cal/low-fat/low-carb diet.

Long term water fasting? Then her purported photos really are someone else or a work of photoshop art. Fasts longer than 48 hrs are a fast way to muscle loss and endocrine melt down.

Stuart.
  #103   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-07, 07:02

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 265/182/150 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 72%

All of this could be easily settled if she would just put up a short, even 15 second, video clip of herself on her site, introducing and welcoming people to Kimkins. Her site has grown dramatically, she's gone professional, surely she can put up a video clip. And surely the person in the clip will match at least ONE of the many different pics she's posted over the years. That would calm people's suspicions, after all, you have seen all of the other weight loss leaders "in the flesh" on tv, so why not her too?

I know I wouldn't take down pics of myself just because someone claimed they weren't me - they can't prove they AREN'T, but I can prove they are, so what's the problem?
  #104   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-07, 13:20

Plan: it varies
Stats: 245/134/140 Female 5'3.5"
BF:
Progress: 106%

she hasn't taken any of her personal pics down, has she? i thought she just took down the "controversial" success story pics?

btw, i agree about the video idea...
  #105   ^
Old Sat, Jun-23-07, 16:36
~writes for Him~

Stats: 120/120/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 17%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
It appears to be so. PR.com is basically a service for businesses to write and publish their own promotional articles, company press releases etc. It's not an independent news service with their own staff of writers http://www.pr.com/promote-your-business

Hmmm .. I just re-read your post .. Are you asking about the pr.com article, or the original article in Woman's World?
? .

Doreen

Woman's World.
Closed Thread