Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-02, 03:58

Plan: 6 week make over/ Atkins
Stats: 270/270/145 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Very Vivid Dreams on Patches

Hi Everyone,

I to would like to quit smoking again. I have done it a few times only to return to it . I use the patch when I am trying to quit and I do have some side effects. The major one being the dreams at night. They are very highly sexual and very vivid. It is like they should market this for x rated dreams

The other side affect I have is an increase in my heartrate. If that happens I either cut the patch in 1/2 or step down to a smaller dose. I am really hoping to quit again soon. I know I feel alot better when I am not smoking and there is alot of things I can think of doing with the extra money.

Good luck to you all. Have a Great Day.

I will post when I have set my quit date

Hugs
Robin
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-02, 13:22
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 226/226/189
BF:
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up

I quit with the patch about 5 years ago. I to had the same vivid dreams so much so I throught my wife was having an affair. She is happy that I quit but didn't enjoy the trip.

Fred Good luck!!
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-02, 13:36

Plan: AHP&FP
Stats: 197/125/137 Female 5' 6"
BF:42%/22%/21%
Progress: 120%

Hey Robin!

Many years ago I tried to quit smoking using the patch. My dreams were more nightmarish in nature. I also had a racing heartbeat.

Two years ago I decided I would give it a go again, only this time I used the lowest patch available. No nightmares. No racing heartbeat. I also supplemented the low patch dosage with the lowest nic gum I could find. I think it was like 2grams.

June 2000 was my last cig and I haven't looked back since.

Those patches can cause some really weird dreams/nightmares.

Wishing you the best of success on you quiting smoking
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Nov-08-02, 15:35

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 256/179/160 Female 68 inches
BF:38.9/27.2/24.3
Progress: 80%

my quit date is coming up....monday....and the dreams is one of the things I'm looking forward to! LOL

I hardly ever dream. Yea, I know, we all dream, just don't remember them....ok I hardly ever remember my dreams!

I've quit in the past with the patch and/or Zyban. I found that the patch caused very vivid, very realistic, often sexual dreams....not sure what the connection between nicotine and sex dreams is, but I understand it's pretty common. When I started the Zyban I had very weird dreams.

Taking the two together, about a year ago, I had very vivid, weird dreams, less often sexual. Wonder why????

This time, on the advice of my doc, I've been taking the Zyban for about a month, and the dreams have pretty much eased off....so maybe when I do quit and add the patch they wont' be as weird? I'll keep you posted! LOL
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Dec-21-02, 14:36
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/197/150
BF:32%/30%/23%
Progress: 20%
Default Patches and dreams

Hi Robin

I am guessing you are using a 24 hour patch (worn all day and night). You can use these just from the moment you wake in the morning and remove it before going to sleep. This will ensure you receive the nicotine through your waking hours, and minimise any wierd dreams.

TIP. Take the pack and place it in a bedside cabinet. The moment you wake put one on, and hit the snooze/sleep button and have a little nap for 15 minutes, by which time the nicotine will be merrily gushing around your bloodstream and you should be just fine when you get up.

I work as a Smoking Cessation Advisor, and have quit myself just over two years ago.

Prepare for your first week. Write a little shopping list of things to get or do so that you can keep yourself occupied. You will need to concentrate on keeping your Hands Brain and Mouth busy!!!

Very best of luck
Nicky x
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-03, 23:49
Registered Member

Plan: Modified
Stats: 340/311/260 Male 6'5''
BF:
Progress: 36%

I have also been having very vivid dreams on the patch (29 nights worth) but I gotta say that i don't mind them. I never used to remember my dreams so this is a nice change of pace fro me. A little intense at times but definately an experience.