Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Jul-15-02, 19:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/218/144
BF:48/42.3/22
Progress: 26%

July 15

Yesterday was a great day...R and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary...

We hiked around Theitis...it was challenging for me...I was tired...but it was a good work out.

Today we didn't get going until later in the day...we went to Theitis again today...then when we were almost finished I went for a swim...the water was beautiful...not too warm...not too cool...almost got Minnie to swim...but she chickened out at the last sec...that's okay...she did come into the water up to her chest...but she is definately not a water hound....I wish I would have taken a blanket and towel. I think I will tomorrow...R will be working...so just me and puppy will be going...there is a real nice spot where we can go..the dogs are allowed...so maybe I will take a book and bring Min's ball...then we can stay and play at the beach for a while. I wish the kids would come home...I am missing them...I am so bored without them...but I guess they need time with their dad too...ugh...Hoping they will both be back next week.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 00:13

July 17

Yesterday Minnie and I walked the Theitis trail..I didn't take a blanket and stay tho..just forgot...it was a good hike..enjoyed myself...nice going without R...get to feel more in touch with nature.

Today I didn't get going til late...so Minnie and I walked the Gorge park. I walked it very fast. It was a good walk..I worked up a good sweat. Min was good too...she healed the whole time..R had the leash in his car, so had no choice but to walk her without it...I knew she would be fine...she always is on the trails...But this was the first time that I had let her go leashless while being quite close to the road...she took to her training very well...and she was a perfect little lady today...even when I went to the bathroom...she came with me and did sit, stay until it was time to go...all the hard work of over and over and over with commands has worked well...I love my puppy.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 00:22

Stats: 160/143/130 Female 5'6"
BF:32/*?!*!!/20
Progress: 57%

You sound like you're having such a good time, I'm so glad and you're really doing well!
It's hard work training a puppy isn't it, one of my dogs is only 15 months old, but you get so proud of them when they behave well.
Having a puppy to love has to be one of the best things in life and she'll know how much you love her by all these great walks you keep taking her on!
I've just come in from walking three of mine up a small local hill, the long grass was all wet from last night's rain and we're all soaking but happy.
Catch up with you again soon, take care, Jay
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jul-18-02, 15:10

Yes JK

She is the little girl I always wanted...she is now 21 months...and I didn't think she was ever going to get the SIT, STAY command...I have been working with her since she was 5 months...but the last three months she has really come around...she gets it now...and you can see how pleased she is with herself, that she has pleased me.

This morning, puppy came for the car ride to the doctors...yay...down 3 lbs...Then we went to the doggy park...walked at a very fast pace...then walked up along the beach...again as fast a pace as I could...not easy in the loose pepples...up the stairs...and back to drinking fountain for the dogs..Did my stretched...then came home...It was a good walk...worked up a good sweat...

Have also been doing more leg exercises at home for about 4 nights..as well as crunches...up to 150 crunches a night...will build to 200. I can sure feel my tummy muscles...it is a good feeling tho...would like to work on getting my waist smaller, but am not sure what kinds of things to do for that, other than the crunches...
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Jul-20-02, 00:52

July 19

Ky, Minnie and I went to Theitis Lake. We did the hike around, then stopped at the puppy beach. I swam a couple of times. Even got Minnie to swim out to me...I was so proud of her. She doesn't really like the water...but I am sure it helped to cool her down...all I did was call her...and she came swimming out...What a good puppy she is. Did not do the crunches today. R came home before I got to doing them...and I just didn't feel like doing them with him around. K has decided to hop on the L/C band wagon with me...I am so proud of him...
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jul-21-02, 00:30

July 20

Today I did a fast paced walk to Gorge Park. Walked from home, to the park, to the other side of the park,( it is a long walk), and back. Had Minnie in tow...she managed to keep up pretty good with her short little legs...ahh...she was smiling the whole time. I love to spend time with my puppy! We stopped when we were at the other end. Some people were playing frizbee with their dogs, and Minnie joined in for a bit. I sat and did some thinking...I really enjoyed my walk today.