Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jun-30-02, 13:28

Plan: atkins
Stats: 168/144/120
BF:
Progress: 50%
Angry frustrated

Ihave been doing this diet since april, initially I lost about 18 lbs in 3 weeks then ihave been pretty much stalled. igot frustated and quit for one week now i a back at it. It does not seem like the scale is ever going to move and it is really getting me down . I had even been wondering if ther is anythig to help me along to lose this weight any tips would be great.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Jun-30-02, 19:57
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Ok, well there's lots of questions to be answered here....

1) Are you doing the Atkins plan "by the book" or have you modified it at all? If so, how?

2) Are you counting your carbs? What is your daily count?

3) Are you eating fresh vegetabls and salads? Are you eating whole foods or are you eating frankenfoods such as protein bars, shakes, LC chocolate treats, processed meats, etc.

4) How much water do you drink daily?

5) Are you counting calories? What is your approximate average daily calorie count?

6) I see you are a busy mom, working and have 3 small children. Do you eat at least 3 meals a day? Or are you skipping breakfast?

..... that should get us started

Don't worry.... we'll figure it out!
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 15:05

Plan: atkins
Stats: 168/144/120
BF:
Progress: 50%
Unhappy frustrated

hi,
I AM PRETTY MUCH DOING THE INDUCTION DIET , I HAVE AN OMELET FOR BREAKFAST, EITHER A BAR (LOW CARB) OR CHEESE AND MEAT THAN FOR SUPPER I WILL HAVE MEAT AND A STIR FRY.

i USUALLY STAY WITHIN THE 20 GRAMS OF CARBS A DAY SOMETIME NOWHERE NEAR 20 SOMETIMES EXACTLY 20, NEVER OVER THOUGH.

HOW MUCH WEIGHT SHOULD I BE LOSING AND HOW OFTEN SHOULD I NOTICE?
FOR A TREAT MY GIRLFRIENDS AND I WILL GO OUT FOR HOT WINGS.(NOT OFTEN THOUGH)
IWANT TO STICK WITH THIS DIET, BUT I DO NOT SEEM TO BE LOSING WEIGHT SO MUCH AS INCHES.

WHAT DO I DO DO YOU HAVE ANY TIPS?
THANKS
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jul-01-02, 18:36
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Atkins bars are not recommended during induction. They have "hidden carbs". Please click on the link on your right and at the bottom called "Hidden Carbs Inspector" for more information. The bars should be eaten only after induction is finished and then only in limited amounts....1 or 2 a week at the most. You should be eating whole foods during this time; try not to rely on processed foods too much, like deli meats, hot dogs, bacon, etc.

How much should you expect to lose? 10% of your desired weight loss during induction, the 5% per month thereafter. That is the average. Some lose faster, some slower. People with only 20-30 lbs. to lose (like you) tend to lose more slowly.

The measuring tape is a more reliable indicator of results than the scale, as you've already seen. It's even better if you weigh only once a week or less. Chart your results and take averages if you weigh daily so that you'll see over time that there is a downward direction. Sometimes it's not apparent otherwise.