Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Kick Nicotine Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 08:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 125/119/108 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Talking Can I please brag a little?

TODAY IS 3 WEEKS without a cigarette!! Not even ONE cheat or slip! I have been trying to quit for some time now, and this is the best I have ever done!

A MIRACLE!!!!!!!!

Plus I weighed myself today and had lost 3 pounds ....I never, in my wildest dreams EVER imagined that I could stop smoking and lose weight, too!! IT IS POSSIBLE!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 09:15

Plan: protein power
Stats: 265/134/120
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hello lotuslaura,
You most certainly do deserve to brag, your doing great!!!
I know how you feel, Sunday will be 3 weeks for me as well...I have not had anything with nicotine in it, the only thing I do is chew sugar free gum...I've not lost any weight, but I've not gained either so I'm happy with that...Maybe soon I'll do like you and lose a few!!!!
Way to go!!!!
Louise
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 10:43

BF:

WOW!! You are almost at your goal weight, congratulations!!

I don't know about you, but I walk around the office and the people who smoke smell terrible !

I think, OMG, I USED TO STINK LIKE THAT I also notice that I both my senses of taste and smell have improved!
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 11:03

BF:

I agree, I can smell the smoke on others and it does stink!!!
Just to think 3 weeks ago, we did smell like that, it's no wonder my DH and kids complained all the time.
I find everything tastes salty, this is probably because I'm not a big salt eater, and my taste buds are picking up on the salt
Keep up the great work
Louise
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 11:16

BF:

I can't get over how impressed I am by your stats!! You have lost 130 pounds!! WHAT an inspiration!! You have such strength and will power! Your DH and family must be so PROUD of you! I am sure they had been so worried about your health

About the smell stuff - I have always indulged myself and purchased expensive perfumes, and nice smelling toilettries from stores like Bath and Body Works. I now realize that I was WASTING my money cause I still stunk anyhow

This gives me a perfect excuse to make a trip to Bath and Body works and treat myself to some GOOD smelly stuff
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 13:14

BF:

Hi lotuslaura!!!
Thank you so much for your compliment...It does feel great, however I'm having a hard time getting to goal, it will be 2 years May 28th that I've been following this WOL.
My husband and kids are very proud of me, as am I...
I was never unhealthy as far as diabetic,high blood pressure or anything like that...I was just so big I couldn't do anything, now I play baseball, I do bodybuilding, I jog....Life is great!!!!

Not smoking makes it so much better too!!!!!
How funny is that, I always wore expessive perfumes as well!!! We were wasting our money not only on cigarettes but on perfume that ended up stinking anyway....Oh well you go out and buy some new smellies, and you'll smell wonderful all day LOL
Well I should go, my daughter will be home from school any minut.
Talk to you later
Louise
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-11-02, 14:35

BF:

Take care and hang in there
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-02, 19:23

Plan: atkins
Stats: 188/139/140
BF:
Progress: 102%
Default hey Laura

You are doing awesome! Day 25 for me as a non-smoker! Im glad to hear also U havent gained any weight. I am up maybe 3 pounds but because ever since I quit, my rings have been tighter I am sure it has more to do with water weight. My main concern for quitting was weight gain but so far so go. Because I am on the patch I figure it will take me about another 2 months for my body to adjust but so far so good. keep up the great work!
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-02, 06:09

BF:

25 Days is great!! Looks like we quit at about the same time!! You keep up the good work too!

I just looked at your stats! They are an inspiration! I am sure those couple of pounds aren't noticeable to anyone but you

I KNOW that if I didn't have a food plan to follow, I would have easily put on 15 pounds by now

I swear this WOL is helping me with my not smoking. I think a lot of the time I would smoke after eating to numb out the feeling of anxiety and shame about what I just consumed.

Hae a great day