Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1321   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-21, 08:00

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Nicco, wave runner time, oh heck yea!
you guys will have a blast!

It is fun trying to find all the new ways to roll in your new vacay home, I hear ya on that, cause I would be doing all the same you are doing about learning the new area

ENJOY!!

Lori coming in 4th with your guest is cool! Glad you had fun in your tournament time!

Jazz sorry about the torn m but yea I would do me all 'about the knee' anyway to handle without surgery....you ain't old, you got time to truly fix it and with PT and being smart and all you can recover cause I was told on my ripped tendon and wrecked ankle it would be surgery but in the end, it took like 2 damn years of BS but I recovered but I also watched it like a hawk ya know so.....more power to ya on healing on it all!

--------------so for bras I got hidden treasures. from wally world but what I don't like....is the padding floats ya know so after washing you have to 'adjust that crap' and I am finding as much as I love this thing, no underwire or BS and comfortable I think I am going for my kid's sports bra now.

hers is Victoria Secret Wear Everyday Wear by Pink and what I love is her padding in the cup is stitched into the entire sports bra and NO floating padding ya know so her wash on those is easy and simple and damn she loves them so I am gonna try one in my size and check it out.

I tell ya a good sports bra is hard to find You need support yet that floating cup in them sucks rocks but I do like my cheapy version of her expensive version, but now want what she has cause she loves them

So I am gonna get her VS sports bra for me and will give you a new report. I am SO OVER regular old bras, my life forward point blank is a sports bra type situation and I got closer to what I like in the cheapy Hidden Treasure from walmart but now I am thinking a few 'better ones' from Victoria S is the way to go.

enough bra talk HA

all going good here, nothing new but just cruising along as usual
Sponsored Links
  #1322   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-21, 12:25

Plan: LC calorie counting
Stats: 223/157.8/145 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 84%

Good Afternoon!

Home from golf and showered and sleepy! The beer knocked me out today in the heat. The mosquitoes nearly ate us alive too. They have been bad the last couple days. We use bug spray or wipes, but they are just vicious! I didn't play very well today, but tomorrow is another day.

DH had to take Betty to an eye Dr. appt and a Derm appt today. It's stressful since her mobility is so bad. Getting her in and out of her wheelchair and into his truck is a major feat. It's easier for him to take her in his truck since it sits higher..she can just slide in and slide out. Anyway, he'll be home soon, I think. Something easy for dinner for him......not in the mood for cooking today.

My faucet is still not fixed, so I texted the plumber and asked him if someone can come on Friday when I'll be home all day. He apologized and said yes and he was sorry but this week has been crazy. We'll see if he shows on Friday.

Taking it easy tonight and back to the course tomorrow. I'm a glutton for punishment!
  #1323   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-21, 04:57

BF:

Good Morning!

A quick note before I have some breakfast and get ready to go slog around a wet golf course. The mosquitoes will probably really be bad this morning as we had a bit of rain last night. I keep expecting my friend to text me and bail on golf since the course will be less than ideal. Haven't heard anything so far.

I'll pop back in this afternoon. Have good days!
  #1324   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-21, 06:11

BF:

I got big sinus headache and eyes aching and didn't sleep good last night and waiting on dryer to finish the sheets and all I washed...usual chores but moving slow.

ain't in no mood to chat up HAHA I am in a head achey mood of screw all this crap LOL

rain rain go away ...ugh

back later and chat up
  #1325   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-21, 08:16

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good Morning!

Ahhhwwwww- Feel bad for ya TRIG! I know you are socked in with this Low/Tropical depression like me and it REALLY does play with your sinus/headache stuff.
I am going to check out the sports bra option. I actually have one buried somewhere. I need to sift through all these clothes and "do something" with it all.

I am so over "real" clothes. But I am wondering if they are even worth the effort to try and sell.
They cost me a ton- but that was 6 years ago? Not interested in going back to ever dressing up anymore- EVER.

Hope you feel better!!!!!!!!- Put on some comfy loungers and get some warm coffee and snuggle on the couch.

Lori- Oh on those SKEETERS! I feel ya on that. I hate to get bitten. I have bits all over my legs. It is SKEETER HEAVEN here. Warm and moist and they never die here, EVER!

Let us know how your game goes!!!!!!!!

NIC- I suspect you are in-between everything right now and flying by the seat of your pants. The good news is that you and hubby only have you two to deal with. EMPTY NESTING has perks!

Loving your dialog regarding how things are developing for you.

How is your WOE plan coming along?
---------------------------------------------------------------
Quiet day here. Enjoying my coffee with collagen.

Yesterday I saw the dark clouds heading in but was still able to get in a 30 minute pool session with leg lifts, lunges, and "bicycles" in the water.
My PT guy told me the pool should be my best friend as much as possible.
We had a very real conversation. He basically said that due to my age and yada yada.... surgery for where the tear is located is only 50% or less effective. He basically said get in shape and expect to have arthritis in it to some degree and strengthen the surrounding muscles. It is what it is. It could take months to a year or more to "settle. But I was told it most likely will never get back to "baseline. However, a 80-90% functionally knee is great considering my "AGE".

He did say that my days of high impact aerobics/running/ tennis- pounding sports are over. That was a real wake up call. However, I still can walk, swim, hike, bike, and still be very active. He did say another fall would be detrimental. I heard that loud and clear.
I also know taking off this weight once and for all would also be helpful with knees.
Enough of all that- Taking every day. Thankful it was not worse.

Job search again today. Not going anywhere today. Rain, and more rain today. I splurged and bought a lounger set in soft cotton and I washed it up and I am loving it this morning as it is a cooler rainy day. I rarely buy "clothes"- but it is something I can walk the pup in, and hang out in.

Speaking of the pup- he is discovering the wonderful taste of baseboards! I have 2 corners now to paint before I leave here!
I did get a "training collar"- which means I really need to use it......
He doesn't like the word NO. He is deaf to that word. But he looks up with those big brown eyes and he gets a pass. I know not good!

Ok- gotta fold some laundry and get more coffee. Back later.
  #1326   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-21, 11:41

BF:

Good Afternoon!

Golf was a mess....so muddy and neither of us played well. I doused myself in bug spray before we started, so the skeeters stayed away. I couldn't wait to get home and shower that crap off.....ugh!

Trig....So sorry about the sinus headache. When I was in my early 20's, I had horrendous sinus headaches. I haven't had trouble for years, but there was a day. I hope you get relief soon.

Jaz.....Oh boy...the chewing puppy. Goes with the territory, I guess. Don't focus on the things your therapist says you can't do. I know you're thankful for all the things you can do!

Nic.....How's your weather today? Tomorrow is get the keys day, right?

Having a quiet afternoon. DH is outside mowing and I think he has some other stuff going on. He's a busy boy.

Later!
  #1327   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-21, 05:00

BF:

Lori I am the same with sunscreen. What I use at the beach, I can't wait to get back and take a shower to get that crap off me, your bug spray has to be even worse than that LOL

muddy mess, yea.....the point almost where why push it and play but if you don't play ya don't know if the course is decent or not, darned if ya do and darned if ya don't

Nicco is off having fun, the lucky ducky!!

Jazz, that is interesting info on your knee....yea alot of time to heal for sure and don't push it but all you can do is hope you get that good heal time and then not hurt the darn knee again.....I feel ya on that.

I am so over clothes. If it ain't comfy and big and what I want I ain't wearing it HAHA

The other good sports bra I tried was Baja....they make good ones too.

Yea the sinus is nailing my azz to the wall....days of this now....eh, my usual crap HAHA

-------------so food isn't a big interest right now
my head and eyes are pressure throbbing and I got a clogged ear as usual and just feel so damn off! This is normal crap for me and I deal with it and take drugs thru it as usual....so just waiting for it to lift and clear and hopefully soon.

just plugging along

got small laundry going, my bed sheets etc and then little this and that today
  #1328   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-21, 05:57

BF:

Good Morning!

Feels funny to have a day with nothing on the agenda except for puttering around doing laundry or whatever. Hoping the plumber shows up today, but not counting on it. Pi$$es me off. I do have some errands to run, so hoping I don't sit here all freakin' day waiting and then he's a no show. Maybe I'll wait to run errands until DH is home for lunch.

Scale is averaging at a lower number than it has been for a couple years, so all good there. My winter project is to lose 5-8 lbs and build some muscle on the upper body. I have to have a project to get me thru the LONG, COLD winter.

In the next couple months I also have to decide what to do with my pension $$. I'll be 62 in February.....WTH??????? How did that happen??? I also looked up my Social Security benefits and I think I'll hold off taking that until 65 at least. The benefit is so much less to take it early(62). I'm going to gather all the info and sit down with a local financial guy and come up with a plan. I'm so thankful to have some $$ to plan with. So many people have SS and that's it....that doesn't go far. Anyway.......

Ok.....time to get some breakfast. I'm a hungry girl this morning.

Later!
  #1329   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-21, 08:33

BF:

Good Morning!
Yup woke up to, puking dog AGAIN!!!!! Thankfully I rushed him to the floor. Easy clean up. Last night he had an accident in the house!
All puppy stuff- I have to just say to myself, he is still a baby. babies have accidents, and eat crap off the ground, or baseboards!

I also had to cancel PT this morning as my refrigerator was not on and it was a break issue and when I tried to flip it back on it popped off. So of course when the maintanance guys come by it flips on and stays on! yeahhhhhhhhh welllllllllllll....... Thankfully I have not done any big shopping and everything was still cold so it could not have been off long.

Lori- Your bug spray story gave me the willies! ick! - But then again I just hate being eaten alive. I have bug bites it seems everywhere from taking out the pooch at night in a field. So ya I get it. Then ya catch and they scar. NOT GOOD.
Have you tried Skin so Soft? I am thinking about seeing if it works.

Nice to have a day off isn't it!? Enjoy it!

Trig
- so sorry you are dealing with those allergies again! Do you ever take maintain medications...ie nose spray, Singular? It seems the fall seems to hit you hard!

Have you covered your pool yet? You still cutting your grass with all this rain?

Kiddo still loving school? Better question are YOU LOVING SCHOOL!
Any updates on MIL?!- Was thinking about that this morning!

NIC- Are you traveling?
------------------------------------------------------------
I found out my mother is stopping here on Saturday evening and staying until Monday morning. I told them it was not a good weekend for me- said it twice: NOT A GREAT WEEKEND!

Boundaries- she said she won't see me again until most likely next year (cool with that). They are on their way to Jekyll for a few days. After hearing me talk about it now they want to see it. So I could deal with a dinner- but dam now it is ALL day Sunday and the weather is supposed to rain.
I will be stopping at the wine store - and hopefully we can tour St. Simon and be outside on Sunday and then they leave. I can handle 36 hours I guess. I am going to put a HARD STOP if this becomes a thing. I already told her I was not coming for either Thanksgiving or Christmas. INSERT EYE ROLL.

I need to wash up some sheets and I guess run a dust clothe and a broom and call it a day! Trust me the days of caring if "ya eat off the floor"- are over. Where did that saying ever come from anyway?!?!?!?- hahahahah

What to eat today.............. mom wants to eat out BOTH Sat and Sunday. I also said it was too pricey for me right now being off. But NO........again...... I might tell them to just go. Is that rude?

well coffee is done and dryer is beeping and I need to run to the store for something for dinner. Had hamburger last night- and it was really good! I like those frozen Angus patties you fry up real quick. I had pickles and a tomato slice! YUM

Back later
  #1330   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-21, 08:52

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Hey Ladies!

Jaz- are they staying at your apartment or at a hotel? Hopefully not at your house since they are just telling you they are coming regardless of how you feel about it!

When are you supposed to return to work?

Sorry about Ruger doing some chewing in the apartment.. it is definitely puppy stuff though. Do you have him some things he can chew on like bull sticks?

Lori- I hope your plumber shows up today. If not, I think I'd be getting recommendations for a different, more reliable plumber!

Great news on the scale and really good goals too! Go you!

Trig- Sorry you have allergies going on. I echo the question- do you use a regular nose spray like Flonase or something? That is really helpful around here with keeping symptoms under control. Feel better!

••••••••••

Quite cool here today - humid but breezy. I have on sweatpants and a cardigan out here on the screened porch.

Yesterday was a GREAT day. We spent the first half of the day in and then left around 1 to go exploring.. Lewes was on our list. OMG what a DARLING town!! The old houses, the architecture, the history, the cute shopping area on 2nd street. Super, super cute! We ended up being out until nearly 8 PM. We had a ball. This has been such a fun week for DH and I.

That being said, the Wave Runners SUCKED. OMG. The bay was super choppy- the guy said it was about an 8/10 in terms of roughness. It was basically like being waterboarded for a full hour. Buckets of water repeatedly being thrown directly into your face, over and over and over. LOL My arms and back are STILL sore from holding on for dear life! I am so glad I had my sunglasses on bc even though they were soaked and my visibility was nil, at least I wasn't being blinded by salt water ever 30 seconds. DH and I were cracking up afterward that we basically paid a lot of money for an hour of torture. The inlets were nice and calm lol. We'll try it again some time when the bay is nice and smooth and lake-like.

Getting my Do goals done, which is great, but my food continues to suck. I will definitely be up some pounds from this week, no doubt. It will be good when we get moved in and create a routine here too. Right now we are firmly in vacation mode.

Inspection and New Home Orientation is today, and we should expect 2-3 hours for that. Then we leave tomorrow to go home, and return next Friday for closing and move in. WHOO HOO!
  #1331   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-21, 12:19

BF:

NIC- I still find it super funny you ended up in "MY" spot and my happy hour place! My complex sit one driveway over. I would walk over if it was nice out....ie 2 glasses of wine! HAHAHAHAH- Sounds like the place fared well despite Covid!
They also own a deli next-door for take out. I would rave about the cali "potato salad". I still have never been able to get it to taste like theirs.
I actually love Lewes/ Rehoboth beach. It was a great experience. You know even the hospital experience was not bad- just an incompetent doctor who blamed his error on me. I was a traveler and he brings money. He was an Indian doctor who is NEVER wrong, so that was that. But truly overall it was a good experience. I just left 2 weeks early.

I love the location you are in!!!! Truly you are in such a special area. I love your exploring. The shopping in Lewes is awesome as well I might add. Did you find the outlets?????

OMG over the waterboarding! You know I have never been on a waver runner?!?!?!?!? What is up with that! hahahaha

You just sound so fabulous and full of energy! I am again so so so happy for you!!!!!
I would love an update on the walk through! Ask for EVERYTHING.

LORI- How is your day going???????.............

Trig-feeling better?

Cloudy here- Fridge back to OK. Made some Chili. Pup seems to feel better. Ran to take back sandals that didn't work to UPS store.

Cleaning up, doing bit of laundry and looking forward to my soup!
  #1332   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-21, 14:41

BF:

I am in a mood. Sat here ALL day and the plumber never showed up. I know they are busy, but come on! I'm sure there are other people with bigger problems than a water spouting faucet, but it's not ideal and I've been putting up with it for over a week.

I was SO bored sitting here all day. I did my laundry this morning and then here I sat. I'll be home Monday again and will let the plumber know....for all the good it will do. We may end up calling someone else, but I paid this guy to put this new faucet in and it failed, so it seems a shame to pay yet again to have it fixed. Sigh......

Going to a golf course about an hour away tomorrow. Looking forward to a new venue. I'm sure I won't play well, but I'll give it my best.

"See" you in the morning!
  #1333   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-21, 04:26

BF:

Good Morning!

Got up at 4:30 this morning. I let the cat out at 2 and then at 4:30 I woke up and was ready to get up. I'm getting ready to make a quick trip to the grocery store, then home to shower and get ready to go play golf. I'll be heading to my friend's house around 9. It'll be a long day as I won't get home till around 5. We'll be finished playing golf around 3, then grab something to eat and drive home. I'll only be able to have 1 beer since I'm driving. No biggie. I actually don't feel well if I drink a couple....I get too tired and feel blah. The first one is always the best....so refreshing on a warm day.

Have a great Saturday. Hope it's a day for you!
  #1334   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-21, 08:59

BF:

Good Morning!

Lori- You EARLY BIRD!!!!! - 430 is still NIGHT TIME FOR ME! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Yeah I would give that plumber a piece of my mind to. AFTER he fixes the issue! Stuff like that is super annoying!

Enjoy your course and game today! If it was hot and I was thirsty is is amazing how quick a ice cold beer could slide down!

NIC- Walk through updates! I know you are SO excited! So how long now until signing?

TRIG- Hope you are feeling better! What is up this weekend?
-------------------------------------------------------
I am rushing around like a mad woman on a bum knee because I got the call my mom is showing up 6 hours before she was supposed to come.
SIX HOURS- I am trying so hard to not show my annoyance, but it isn't working.....................

She called to not only say she was showing up now 6 hours early but it would be "nice if I had munchies for them". Gritting my teeth here. They want chips, dips, and garbage...............

Ya know......... nope going to let it go.

I am headed to the liquor store while stopping to go now and get CHIPS. Trust me I will have SEVERAL. HAHAHAHAHAHA
BREATHE BREATHE BREATHE.......... it is what is what it is. Yeah- they are staying here. I said no.
I would look like a real heel to turn them away in their 70's...... They know that too.

You know what..... I am going to take the high road here and look for the good. This too shall pass.

WOE- ON POINT! I feel thinner. Truly working on getting these few pounds to budge. I want that new number. It is such a mental thing.

Ok all check in later!
  #1335   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-21, 14:43

BF:

hanging in.......Thank god for wine.......LOLOLOLOL

I even am going to take a blow up bed so they can have a nice bed.......... sigh........ I think that when you offer up kindness even if you don't feel like it it comes back to you.

Later gators=