Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone


Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Breakfast Ideas
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Apr-16-15, 09:33
Meme#1's Avatar
Meme#1 Meme#1 is online now
Posts: 11,347
 
Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/188/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 44%
Location: Texas
Default Quiche

Crustless Quiche

Dozen large or jumbo eggs
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, swiss, mozzarella, monterey jack etc)
1 to 2 cups of cooked meat (bacon, sausage, ham etc)
chopped onion to taste (optional) - (remember the carbs!)
cooked drained broccoli, spinach, mushrooms or other cooked veggie (optional)

Whip up the eggs and cream. Fold in other ingredients. Pour in a 9x13 inch pan. Or pour in a large muffin pan (makes 12 muffins). Either way use cooking spray first or butter the pan. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until cooked through (a little longer if in the 9x13 pan). This freezes exceptionally well, just nuke in microwave for 90 seconds or so. Make a batch on the weekend for quick and easy breakfast during the week.

I use glass lasagna pan and cook at 350 for 35 minutes.. let cool before cutting.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Dec-18-16, 00:46
Meme#1's Avatar
Meme#1 Meme#1 is online now
Posts: 11,347
 
Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/188/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 44%
Location: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
Crustless Quiche

Dozen large or jumbo eggs
2 cups heavy cream
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, swiss, mozzarella, monterey jack etc)
1 to 2 cups of cooked meat (bacon, sausage, ham etc)
chopped onion to taste (optional) - (remember the carbs!)
cooked drained broccoli, spinach, mushrooms or other cooked veggie (optional)

Whip up the eggs and cream. Fold in other ingredients. Pour in a 9x13 inch pan. Or pour in a large muffin pan (makes 12 muffins). Either way use cooking spray first or butter the pan. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees or until cooked through (a little longer if in the 9x13 pan). This freezes exceptionally well, just nuke in microwave for 90 seconds or so. Make a batch on the weekend for quick and easy breakfast during the week.

I use glass casserole baking pan
and cook at 350 for 35 minutes.. let cool before cutting.


Edited to add: You do not need to butter the pan before
adding the egg mixture. With the cream and cheese,
no extra fat is needed.
~also you can use much less cheese but I use the full amount of cream
Reply With Quote
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-16-17, 10:06
Jamackarch's Avatar
Jamackarch Jamackarch is offline
Posts: 3,567
 
Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%
Location: Pacific Northwest
Default

This is what I'm taking to Easter Brunch!!! Thanks, Meme!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Apr-16-17, 10:32
Meme#1's Avatar
Meme#1 Meme#1 is online now
Posts: 11,347
 
Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/188/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 44%
Location: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamackarch
This is what I'm taking to Easter Brunch!!! Thanks, Meme!!!

Oh good, I hope you love it Jams!
Happy Easter!!
Reply With Quote
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-18, 08:55
mushmonste mushmonste is offline
New Member
Posts: 17
 
Plan: The Atkins 40
Stats: 149/149/127 Female 160 cm
BF:
Progress:
Default

Great recipe. How about adding a bunch of parsley?
Reply With Quote
  #6   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-18, 09:17
Meme#1's Avatar
Meme#1 Meme#1 is online now
Posts: 11,347
 
Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/188/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 44%
Location: Texas
Default

Parsley would be great.

I also add chopped fresh spinach sometimes and that is good too!
Reply With Quote
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Apr-08-18, 10:22
mushmonste mushmonste is offline
New Member
Posts: 17
 
Plan: The Atkins 40
Stats: 149/149/127 Female 160 cm
BF:
Progress:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
Parsley would be great.

I also add chopped fresh spinach sometimes and that is good too!

Amazing idea!
Reply With Quote
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-18-19, 23:52
Meme#1's Avatar
Meme#1 Meme#1 is online now
Posts: 11,347
 
Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/188/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 44%
Location: Texas
Default

This is another good recipe if anyone needs to cook and have it for several meals, this is a good one!
Reply With Quote
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-19, 04:37
s93uv3h s93uv3h is offline
Posts: 1,313
 
Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/014.5/015 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default

Thank you. One day I'm going to make this.

Reply With Quote
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jan-19-19, 09:59
JEY100's Avatar
JEY100 JEY100 is offline
To Good Health!
Posts: 11,212
 
Plan: IF Fung/LC Westman/Primal
Stats: 222/171/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/25.3%/24%
Progress: 96%
Location: NC
Default

All Day I Dream About Food is one of the recipe sites I follow (she recently joined the DietDoctor team too). She often posts "Recipe Round-ups" of her favorites of one type of food, while also giving exposure to new recipe creators on less known LC blogs. This 25 Easy Quiches were posted near the holidays, good ways to use up leftovers bits of this and that.

https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/e...quiche-recipes/


The recipe Meme posted is the same start point I use, but if I have fewer eggs, or only half and half not cream, these egg casseroles still seem to come out Just Fine. Both the add-ins and base of eggs and cream are super flexible...a great recipe for any meal.

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, Jan-20-19 at 04:21.
Reply With Quote
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-19, 14:39
ImOnMyWay's Avatar
ImOnMyWay ImOnMyWay is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 3,813
 
Plan: OWL
Stats: 177/148.6/135 Female 5'2"
BF:50.5/39/25
Progress: 68%
Location: Oregon, Los Angeles
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
All Day I Dream About Food is one of the recipe sites I follow (she recently joined the DietDoctor team too). She often posts "Recipe Round-ups" of her favorites of one type of food, while also giving exposure to new recipe creators on less known LC blogs. This 25 Easy Quiches were posted near the holidays, good ways to use up leftovers bits of this and that.

https://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/e...quiche-recipes/


The recipe Meme posted is the same start point I use, but if I have fewer eggs, or only half and half not cream, these egg casseroles still seem to come out Just Fine. Both the add-ins and base of eggs and cream are super flexible...a great recipe for any meal.


I made her Quiche Lorraine just a few days ago. My only modification was to omit the thyme and add about 1/4 tsp nutmeg to the custard. I used a good quality Alpine cheese. It is da bomb, but my almond flour crust was soggy in the middle, even though I parbaked it. Someone suggested I try a cauliflower crust - no thank you. Maybe I'll try the coconut flour crust next time.
Reply With Quote
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jun-16-19, 15:09
WonderBird's Avatar
WonderBird WonderBird is offline
New Member
Posts: 11
 
Plan: Keto
Stats: 158/150/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:
Default

I saw a description somewhere of a broccoli quiche that mentioned eggs, broccoli, cream, nutmeg but not any more ingredients. It was mentioned in passing in the context of a funny story and wasn't actually a recipe, but it sounded so yummy (I think the nutmeg got to me) that I've wanted to reproduce it ever since. Would any of you more experienced at quiche than me take a stab at spinning that out into a whole recipe? Like how much nutmeg would be good? Maybe other spices might be added too? Anything? I just don't trust myself to get it good enough and I'd hate to throw out a whole dish if I ruined it.

Edit: I posted this before I read ImOnMyWay's mention of nutmeg above. I'll go look at that recipe, but will leave this here in case you all have other good input too!
Reply With Quote
  #13   ^
Old Sun, Aug-04-19, 09:12
missymagoo missymagoo is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 658
 
Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/187/158 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:
Default

sounds good. i like the muffin idea to put in the freezer for quick microwave in mornings
Reply With Quote
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Aug-04-19, 10:16
SheilaQ's Avatar
SheilaQ SheilaQ is online now
Senior Member
Posts: 123
 
Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212.5/156.5/160 Female 56
BF:
Progress: 107%
Location: New England
Default

I make a version of this all the time. Its actually from my old Joy of Cooking, Crustless Quiche.

Grease the pan with butter first

3 eggs
1.25 cups shredded Gruyere
1 cup chopped ham (I get 1 thick slice from deli, then cube)
1.5 cups heavy cream
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Pinch of nutmeg

I have also subbed in 1.5 cups cooked broccoli for the ham.

Lay out the ham or broccoli in the buttered pan. Lay on shredded cheese.

Whisk the remainder together well, then pour into pan.

30 min at 350 oven

Enjoy!
The Gruyere with the nutmeg together so yummy!

I keep the pie pan in the fridge under shrink wrap, reheat by slice at 250 for 12-15 minutes.

Last edited by SheilaQ : Sun, Aug-04-19 at 21:10.
Reply With Quote
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Aug-05-19, 06:02
patriciakr's Avatar
patriciakr patriciakr is offline
Senior Member
Posts: 6,273
 
Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%
Location: In the woods
Default

Fwiw, my crustless quiche recipe from a previous list I was on, has you prebake so the cheese/butter melts into a crust, then add your mixed eggs etc., and bake.

Just another option to consider.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 22:58.


Copyright © 2000-2019 Active Low-Carber Forums @ forum.lowcarber.org
Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.