Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Wed, Oct-29-03, 18:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 232/230/175 Female 5-7
BF:unsure
Progress: 4%

i dont think ieatmeat is coming back,, LOL
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Thu, Nov-13-03, 15:06

Plan: my own way...
Stats: 300/292/169 Female 72
BF:
Progress: 6%

Probably not....thats too bad..hope they try again!
  #108   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 04:00
That German Girl!

Plan: Low Carb, No Sugar
Stats: //! Female 5'11
BF:See my Inch Ticker
Progress: 64%

Quote:
Here's what I'm going to try to see if it will work for me. 2 ego waffles with sweetened condensed milk with a cup of coffee in the morning, tossed salad with sour cream for dinner along with some meat, potatoes and a small desert (carbs). At night I will have some nuts. Sometimes Sushi instead of the meat and potatoes, sometimes fish instead of meat, maybe some pasta.

How *exactly* do you consider THAT Way of Eating "Induction?"

LMAO!

No wonder...

~Kimberly
  #109   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 13:13

Plan: Dr. Atkins & M & E fast
Stats: 160/153/140 Female 5ft7inces and 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 35%

Holy Hannah....
How do you fit that in on Atkins?

My God and I was being such a good girl on the Atkins "Fat Fast".....
  #110   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-05, 20:12

Plan: My own version
Stats: 275/204/190 Female 6'8"
BF:
Progress:
Default Hello everybody

I just found this forum.

As I approached menopause in my mid 50s I had a very significant weight gain. I found myself at 5'8" and 275 lbs. Unheard of for me. My blood sugar was up as well as my blood pressure. I took meds for Acid Reflux disease. The Type II diabetes was a shock--it was discovered just before the surgery I was having on my knee.

I had already been on a low carb diet, but then really got down to it and created my own version--6 small meals a day, lots of veggies, 6 oz of protein twice a day, (some times more) and exercise of an hour to an hour and a half a day. I put myself on that program on March 3rd, 2004. I'm now down to
205 lbs. and counting.

I exercise a little less now. My blood sugar readings are usually normal and that's without any medication. My blood pressure is usually on the low side and I no longer take medication for that and I only take some antacids for my acid reflux disease.

Since I'm always been a protein person, it's not that hard for me to be on this diet. That being the case, I really can't take much credit. But what makes me angry is that I never cared for big carb foods that much. My body didn't like them, I never liked the way I felt after eating high carb meals and for years we've been haunted by what I call the "Carbo Nazis" pushing that $#%&!! food pyramid with carb foods on the bottom. I've heard that no real nutritionist was involved in constructing that pyramid. It was devised by the Agricultural Industry and certainly helped to sell more grain products. In a sense I believe that people were betrayed by this. High carb diets have been the death of so many people who eat that way.

In my opinion, carbs should be somewhere in the middle of that Pyramid and no more. Veggies and whole grains in equal measure should be at the bottom.
And I've just read that they are going to revise it. I think that should come with an apology for all the damage done.
  #111   ^
Old Sun, Jan-02-05, 22:59
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

I've yet to run into any diet where I can eat as much as I can and lose weight. Its sad that you convinced yourself that Atkins would let you do that. The good part about eating low carb is you can lower your calories, lose weight and not be hungry. Eating refined carbs drives your hunger through insulin ups and downs and eventually, for a lot of people abusing sugar and flour all the time, it can lead to poor health.

Even if you don't do Atkins, if you can manage to adopt a diet that is low in refined carbs, high in non-starchy vegetables and fruits, with plenty of protein, I think you'll be doing yourself a wonderful service.
  #112   ^
Old Mon, Jan-03-05, 07:20
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 132/125/115 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Well, here's my 2 cents:
I didn't have a lot to lose, about 15lbs. I had been eating about 2000 calories a day, mostly from carbs (yoghurt, bananas, fruit, 1/2 sandwiches)
I felt bloated, gassy and basically unhealthy.
I started Atkins, didn't count calories, followed it to a T and lost about 5lbs in the 2 week induction.
My calories, when I checked it out on Fitday was way above the 2000 but my carbs were around 20.
I am not trying to convince you, IEATMEAT, just stating my experience. Like someone else said, if eating Eggos with syrup and calorie counting works for you, then God bless you.
  #113   ^
Old Mon, Jan-10-05, 17:57
Registered Member

Plan: My own
Stats: 194/000/150 Female 5'5"
BF:Not sure
Progress: 441%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mythos

I had already been on a low carb diet, but then really got down to it and created my own version--6 small meals a day, lots of veggies, 6 oz of protein twice a day, (some times more) and exercise of an hour to an hour and a half a day. I put myself on that program on March 3rd, 2004. I'm now down to
205 lbs. and counting .
Hello mythos:
Do you mind to share the details of your plan with me? I'm 48 and follow lc plan to control blood glucose as well. I'm 48 and want to lose those last 15 pounds! I love to exercise and workout everyday for at least an hour.
Thanks in advance.
Dina
P.S.: You can PM me if you like