Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Food Combining
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Sep-25-09, 13:19
Registered Member

Plan: food combining
Stats: 215/189/185 Male 5. 11
BF:
Progress: 87%
Default Fit For Life

I love this common sence book. Right from the start it has you consider we are living on a planet that is 70% water. Our bodies are about 70% water. It then makes sence to eat a diet of 70% moist food. That means 70% of your diet is fruits and veggies and 30% other foods. digestion of food takes more energy than any other function. If you eat a big meat and patatoe and bread meal you will over work your digestion procees and zap energy . When you eat a proper combined meal you energize your self. If you eat food that goes through your stomac in three hours instead of eight you will have five hours of energy picked up. This is not a diet. Its a live long program to function at the highest level

Can it be this simple? All I have to do is eat highwater content food properly combined and eat fruit corrrectly

I am half way in the book cant wait to read the rest and look at the recipes.

I would like to hear what others who have read this book think Smitch007.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Sep-25-09, 13:43

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

It was after reading 'Fit for Life' that I started having fruit and fruit juice for breakfast. I was very sceptical at first as I used to have eggs but I tried it and it works. I somethimes get a bit peckish about 11 so I have an apple and I'm fine for lunch.

I still don't follow 'Fit for Life' 100% but I agree it's a good book and the classification of foods into high water content and concentrated foods it useful and easy to understand.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-25-09, 17:20
Registered Member

BF:

Today was my first all fruit breakfast. I started with fresh orange juice.bananna then an apple .later some pineapple. I ate them about an hour apart. Wow super energy. No hunger. no gas .
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Sep-26-09, 09:36

Plan: Warrior Diet
Stats: 323/317/118 Female 5ft6in
BF:
Progress: 3%
Thumbs up

I agree it is a great way to eat. I did that diet years ago and was very happy, but let people talk me out of it so I went to very a low calorie diet and exercised a lot. Then life happens didn't keep up exercise and here I am. I started Warrior Diet because I am never very hungry during the day, but always at night and I am getting my energy level back up, but after reading your blog, I think I will try to merge all three. I believe Fit For Life is a great way to go and it is very freeing. Good luck and can't wait to hear how it works out for you. If it does work for you don't let anyone talk you out of it.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Sep-26-09, 12:41

Plan: Whole food, semi low carb
Stats: 165/165/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I read Fit for Life several weeks ago. He makes some excellent points, I just don't agree with his vegetarianism. After reading the book, I began starting my days with lots of fresh fruits (usually 3 per day), lunch usually 11am, afternoon snack and dinner. So far, I have lost weight by doing this, which I think also helps the case that not all carbs are created equal. I love the sweet fruits in the morning too. Right now, my body is recovering from a rather invasive surgery, so I'm eating more protein than usual but still including fruits daily and feel great doing so.
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Sep-28-09, 13:51

Stats: 150/137.4/125 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

I have to go out and buy this book. I right now have fruit for breakfast every morning for about a month, not bored of it yet. I have lost about 9 lbs in a month..which for me is amazing...I always got stuck at 145..but this just eating the food combining way helped me break the barrier of 145..

Maybe today I will get out and get this book...
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Sep-28-09, 14:00

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

I read it and followed it years ago, didn't feel well, gained fat. I think the fruit on its own did me in with insulin resistance.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Sep-28-09, 17:51
Registered Member

BF:

I have been doing great on the fruit breakfasts. I still eat protein breakfasts every few days like eggs and bacon. and a carb break fast once in a while. I will never quit eating meat . I dont care what they say in Fit For Life. My native American blood o negitive needs meat and fish. On Atkins I lost 40lbs eating mostly meat. I maitained my Atkins loss for 7 years then tryed Food Combining and lost 35lbs in 4 months. I never had this much energy on Atkins. I am thankful to Dr Atkins and his amazing diet . Food Combining Rocks ...Smitch
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Sep-28-09, 18:53

Stats: 150/137.4/125 Female 65 inches
BF:

I won't give up eating meat or pasta either...that is why I LOVE Food Combining!!

But to get my 3 hours in between meals I would have to eat eggs or toast or whatever (besides fruit) by 9 am...and that never seems to work out very well for me...so I will just stick to my fruit for breakfast and then protein or carbs for the other meals...
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Sep-28-09, 20:54
Give A Damn

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 293/234.4/175 Female 5' 5 3/4"
BF:

This was the first diet I was ever on! I was 12. I was starving all the time.

I went from the juniors section to a ladies size 16. The parents put me on weight watchers after that. But, I digress...

#11   ^
Old Tue, Sep-29-09, 13:48

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

I'm surprised you were starving on 'Fit for Life' NixCarbos. Your not supposed to go hungry while food combining. I se you're dogn Atkins '72. I bought the '72 version of Atkins on line a while back. It's refreshingly simple after reading the more 'up to date' versions.
I am also an ex Atkins dieter smitch007 and I lost about the same weight as you did. I am still a great fan of Dr Atkins and won't hear a word said against him.
  #12   ^
Old Tue, Sep-29-09, 17:20
Registered Member

BF:

Robert Fletcher. What Food Combining book do you think is the most informative? As Always thank you..Smitch007
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Sep-29-09, 18:50
Give A Damn

Plan: Primal Blueprint
Stats: 293/234.4/175 Female 5' 5 3/4"
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCFletcher
I'm surprised you were starving on 'Fit for Life' NixCarbos. Your not supposed to go hungry while food combining.

The only time mom had me eat protein was supper. It was veggies and fruit the rest of the time.

Starvation at its finest.