Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Aug-24-04, 03:56
Renovation Cub

Plan: LC
Stats: 330/286/200 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 34%

Leg day was ok. Squat was going bad, but I figured out why. I have been enjoying being able to do pull ups and chin ups now, and have been doing them while at the squat rack cause the bars are there. I did 4 of each before my first set, thinking of them as just warming up, but they take a bit more out of me that I would have thought. I only did like 4 or 5 reps on my first set, which was lower than last week, and so I skipped doing more of the pull ups in between the sets, and did 8 reps on the 2nd set, so I'll blame them for my first sets let down Did 4 reps on the last set, but only because I lost my balance on the 5th rep, not because I couldn't do it. So I stopped then.

Straight Leg Dead lifts I did at 90lbs, full 3 sets of 8 reps, they will go up again, I'm still low I think, but want to make sure my lower back and other muscles in the movement aren't messed up by upping the weight too fast.

Switched my calf raises to standing ones, on this free weight machine they have at the gym. Don't think I'll do it again on that one, as it is pretty awkward, and you have to essentially lift all the weight you want to use up in a short squat type motion, move back to he edge of the platform, and then do you raises. Problem with this is, I put 450lbs on the machine, which was killer getting up, but didn't really stress my calves any. I think I will switch to the leg press to do it next time. I can still get that standing calf raise movement, but can do it with just my legs, saving my back and shoulders.

The new shoulder exercises went well, weights were all low, but wanted to make sure I had the form down, and will work the weights up.

Skipped cardio, as the new exercises took a while longer figuring out weights and such, so it was late when I finished.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Sep-09-04, 06:16
Renovation Cub

BF:

Wednesday Sept 8th, 2004: Chest and Triceps
Dumbbell Flat Bench: 2x65lb dumbbells
Solid lifting, Set 1 7 reps, Set 2 6 reps, Set 3 5 reps, improved from last week

Dumbbell Flat Fly: 2x40lb dumbbells (though about to go up to 45lbsers)
Upped the weight to 45lbsers, as the 40's were in use.
4 reps in all 3 sets

Dumbbell Incline Bench Press: 2x50lb dumbbells
Solid lifting, Set 1 8 reps, Set 2 8 reps, Set 3 7 reps, improved from previous week

Lying Tricep Extensions (Skull crushers?): 2x30lb dumbbells
Set 1 8 reps, Set 2 7 reps, Set 3 5 reps, improved from last week

Cable pushdowns with rope handle: 110lb (or plate 11)
Just moved to this weight,
Set 1 8 reps, Set 2 6 reps, Set 3 7 reps
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-04, 05:55
Renovation Cub

BF:

Friday, Sept 10th

Switched things up a bit.

Pull ups. 3 sets of 4 reps (all I can do at this time)
Deadlifts: 225lb, 6 reps, 8 reps, 8 reps.
Cable Row: 140lb 4 reps - felt like I stressed something too much in my shoulder so I finished with 2 sets of 8 at 120lbs
Bicep Curl: 35lb dumbbells for 8, 8 and 6 reps
Concentration Curl: 30lbs for 3 sets of 8 reps.

Monday, Sept 13th,

Back was a mess from the weekend building a fence, so I didn't feel up to squats.

Legpress: 450lb 3 sets of 8. Mixed with 3 sets of eight calf raises after each leg press set.
Straight Leg Deadlift: 120lb, 3 sets of 8 reps.
Arnold Press: 40lb dumbbells, 3 sets of 8 reps
Upright Rows: 30lb dumbbells, 3 sets of 8 reps
Dumbbell lat raises: 20lb 7 reps, 8 reps, 8 reps
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-04, 03:53
Renovation Cub

BF:

Not much to update.
Ended up missing a few days, which I racked up to "taking a week off" to recouperate LOL
Added dips in on the chest tricep days. Can't do very many, but I sure felt my triceps (and still do) from wednesday.
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-06, 09:48
Renovation Cub

BF:

Decided to switch to a upperbody/lowerbody split. Want to hit the parts a little closer together, and get more of a workout in each time.

Upper body.
Yesterday
Deadlift, Flat Bench, Incline barbell row, Incline Bench, Chins, Military press, lying tricep extensions, ...
Wanted to finish up with Bicep curls and bench dips, but ran out of time as I took extra marking settings for the pins and such on the power rack, as well as trying out the incline rows with the barbell.

Weights were nothing spectacular,
Deadlifts were light - 205 just cause I haven't done them for a while, so want to work the weights up slowly
Flat Bench - 145lbs on barbell
Rows - 105lbs
Incline bench - 135lbs
Military Press - 65lb (not wanting to push my shoulder too fast)
Lying tricep extension - 2x35lb dumbbells - trying this with move of an incline and keeping the whole move under tension.