Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 18:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 283/268/160
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default It's been a while...

Hi TD friends, I've been out of commision for a week. My father had a Cardiaversion this week and then I got my monthly pre menstrual migraine, so I haven't been able to keep up with the news.

I hope everyone had a good Easter/Passover. It wasn't easy, believe me. I feel great that I held my own and did not leave this WOL on Easter Sunday or during this rather stressful week. I sure have had cravings this week. I believe I'm through that for now too. This is my first period since I began this WOL, so I am hoping it will be an easy one.

I could have sworn that somewhere in my profile, I entered my measurements, but I don't see them anywhere. Any suggestions as to where I might have stored them on this site?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 18:56

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi, Theresa. I'm very sorry about your father -- family situations ca be very stressful. (I've been away for the past two weeks. My mother has been ill -- she's much better now -- and I've had crazy deadlines.) Congratulations on not straying through Easter and this stressful time!

I don't think there's a place to store your measurements in your profile, just your weight (starting, present, goal). One place you could put them is in your journal, but I don't think you have one yet. Why not start one now!

Take care,
alto
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Apr-07-02, 22:51

Plan: Atkins-ish, post-WLS
Stats: 408.0/288.0/168.0 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Welcome back.

How'd your father cardioversion come out. Is his heart rhythm normal again?

A bit congrats on staying the course during Easter - that's a major accomplishment to be proud of.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 17:20

BF:
Default measurements

Unless I dreamed it, I remember taking my measurements! I'm pretty sure I entered them somewhere, but maybe it was on another site I looked at... I hope not! I don't see them in my paper journal either I am soooo sure that I put them down somewhere. I should look in all of my LC books too! I hope they're not floating around somewhere in cyberspace!

Dad's rhythm is normal now. He sees the cardiologist tomorrow, so we'll see if it is still beating correctly.

I have another hump to get over this weekend. I am going down to Greensboro NC to participate in my Godson's First Communion. My brother and sister-in-law have been very supportive and I have given them the rundown on what I can and cannot have. I'm sure they'll do right by me.

Then it's also crunch time here at the old Financial Services firm and we are being barraged with tax questions and IRA contributions. Good for business, bad for the stress!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Apr-08-02, 17:24

Plan: Medi Weight Loss Pgm
Stats: 296.0/179.7/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%
Post HI Theresa

My prayers are with you and your father.

April 15th is just around the corner. I hope your stress level will drop then. Stress is soooo horrible to your body, I hope you have time to exercise to help dimenish it's effects.

Take care and keep us up-to-date.

Dee

#6   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 07:46

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Talking Where'd I put my measurements?

This sounds like a "where'd I put those darn keys?" kind of question. I don't know about you, but that's a constant problem around here! Have you been going to Fitday.com? You may have logged them there. Otherwise, look in the laundry. That always seems to work at my place.

Hope all goes well with your dad. And I know that can be stressful, to have a parent go thru health difficulties.

Congrats to you for being good during Easter. I'm impressed. Every time you resist temptation, it makes you stronger for the next time. Hope all calms down for you soon. Victoria
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Apr-09-02, 16:52

BF:
Talking dad

My dad was at the Cardiologist today and his EKG was normal so the Cardioversion was successful. His doc wants him to stay on his meds for another month and recheck then. Dad wants to go off of on med because it makes him kind of drowzy.

Thanks for all the support!

Victoria, it is horrible how the mind plays such games! I have had dreams where something has happened and weeks later, I will swear that it really happened. I just wish I could find those measurements because I wanted to see if I lost any inches in my whole three weeks of this WOL.